I found it today. Saw it first at SDCC 2006, when I met Boy Wonder, prior manager of Mattel’s DC line. Never expected it would take a year and a half to find. And there it was, today, hanging with a complete set of DCUC Wave 2 (left those for someone else). Superman/Star Sapphire/Sand.
There IS a forumla for this. A combination that hits a 3 pack out of the ballpark compared to its neighbors. Its really not a mystery. Let me break it down for you.
1. Major Player to pull in the moms and grandpas. Superman. Check.
2. Two new characters. Star Sapphire, Sand. Check.
3. One of these had multiple appearances. Star Sapphire. Check.
4. One of them is a surprise but has a cool costume. Sand. Check.
5. At least 2 are male. It is a line for boys. Superman, Sand. Check.
6. One female is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
7. At least 2 are heroes. It is a line based upon a hero oriented show. Superman, Sand. Check.
8. One villain is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
9 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- October 2015 
- September 2015 
- August 2015 
- July 2015 
- June 2015 
- May 2015 
- April 2015 
- March 2015 
- February 2015 
- January 2015 
- December 2014 
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- View complete archive...