I found it today. Saw it first at SDCC 2006, when I met Boy Wonder, prior manager of Mattel’s DC line. Never expected it would take a year and a half to find. And there it was, today, hanging with a complete set of DCUC Wave 2 (left those for someone else). Superman/Star Sapphire/Sand.
There IS a forumla for this. A combination that hits a 3 pack out of the ballpark compared to its neighbors. Its really not a mystery. Let me break it down for you.
1. Major Player to pull in the moms and grandpas. Superman. Check.
2. Two new characters. Star Sapphire, Sand. Check.
3. One of these had multiple appearances. Star Sapphire. Check.
4. One of them is a surprise but has a cool costume. Sand. Check.
5. At least 2 are male. It is a line for boys. Superman, Sand. Check.
6. One female is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
7. At least 2 are heroes. It is a line based upon a hero oriented show. Superman, Sand. Check.
8. One villain is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
9 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- September 2017 
- August 2017 
- July 2017 
- June 2017 
- May 2017 
- April 2017 
- March 2017 
- February 2017 
- January 2017 
- December 2016 
- November 2016 
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- View complete archive...