I found it today. Saw it first at SDCC 2006, when I met Boy Wonder, prior manager of Mattel’s DC line. Never expected it would take a year and a half to find. And there it was, today, hanging with a complete set of DCUC Wave 2 (left those for someone else). Superman/Star Sapphire/Sand.
There IS a forumla for this. A combination that hits a 3 pack out of the ballpark compared to its neighbors. Its really not a mystery. Let me break it down for you.
1. Major Player to pull in the moms and grandpas. Superman. Check.
2. Two new characters. Star Sapphire, Sand. Check.
3. One of these had multiple appearances. Star Sapphire. Check.
4. One of them is a surprise but has a cool costume. Sand. Check.
5. At least 2 are male. It is a line for boys. Superman, Sand. Check.
6. One female is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
7. At least 2 are heroes. It is a line based upon a hero oriented show. Superman, Sand. Check.
8. One villain is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
9 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- December 2016 
- November 2016 
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- June 2016 
- May 2016 
- April 2016 
- March 2016 
- February 2016 
- January 2016 
- December 2015 
- November 2015 
- October 2015 
- View complete archive...