I found it today. Saw it first at SDCC 2006, when I met Boy Wonder, prior manager of Mattel’s DC line. Never expected it would take a year and a half to find. And there it was, today, hanging with a complete set of DCUC Wave 2 (left those for someone else). Superman/Star Sapphire/Sand.
There IS a forumla for this. A combination that hits a 3 pack out of the ballpark compared to its neighbors. Its really not a mystery. Let me break it down for you.
1. Major Player to pull in the moms and grandpas. Superman. Check.
2. Two new characters. Star Sapphire, Sand. Check.
3. One of these had multiple appearances. Star Sapphire. Check.
4. One of them is a surprise but has a cool costume. Sand. Check.
5. At least 2 are male. It is a line for boys. Superman, Sand. Check.
6. One female is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
7. At least 2 are heroes. It is a line based upon a hero oriented show. Superman, Sand. Check.
8. One villain is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
9 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- July 2014 
- June 2014 
- May 2014 
- April 2014 
- March 2014 
- February 2014 
- January 2014 
- December 2013 
- November 2013 
- October 2013 
- September 2013 
- View complete archive...