I found it today. Saw it first at SDCC 2006, when I met Boy Wonder, prior manager of Mattel’s DC line. Never expected it would take a year and a half to find. And there it was, today, hanging with a complete set of DCUC Wave 2 (left those for someone else). Superman/Star Sapphire/Sand.
There IS a forumla for this. A combination that hits a 3 pack out of the ballpark compared to its neighbors. Its really not a mystery. Let me break it down for you.
1. Major Player to pull in the moms and grandpas. Superman. Check.
2. Two new characters. Star Sapphire, Sand. Check.
3. One of these had multiple appearances. Star Sapphire. Check.
4. One of them is a surprise but has a cool costume. Sand. Check.
5. At least 2 are male. It is a line for boys. Superman, Sand. Check.
6. One female is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
7. At least 2 are heroes. It is a line based upon a hero oriented show. Superman, Sand. Check.
8. One villain is even better. Star Sapphire. Check.
9 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- December 2013 
- November 2013 
- October 2013 
- September 2013 
- August 2013 
- July 2013 
- June 2013 
- May 2013 
- April 2013 
- March 2013 
- February 2013 
- January 2013 
- December 2012 
- November 2012 
- October 2012 
- View complete archive...