SEATTLE–(BUSINESS WIRE)–(NASDAQ: AMZN) — Hello, Citizens! Amazon Studios today announced it has greenlit a second season of the half-hour superhero series The Tick. The creator of the series Ben Edlund (Firefly, Supernatural, Gotham) will return along with leads Peter Serafinowicz (Guardians of the Galaxy) as The Tick and Griffin Newman (Search Party) as Arthur, with additional casting to be announced. From Amazon Studios and Sony Pictures Television, the second season of The Tick, comprising 10 episodes, will begin production in 2018 and is expected to premiere in 2019 exclusively on Prime Video in over 200 countries exclusively for Prime members.
Neat! As previously announced, Amazon will premiere the highly anticipated second half of The Tick’s first season on February 23, 2018, featuring six all-new episodes of the acclaimed show.
The Tick has received wide critical acclaim and at 93% is Certified Fresh by Rotten Tomatoes. Highlights include:
“The hero we need” – Tim Goodman, The Hollywood Reporter
“A smart parody of our current superhero obsession” – Kelly Lawler, USA Today
“Amazon is bringing some welcome wit and warmth to the genre” – Daniel D’Addario, TIME
“[The Tick] is clever and crazy in the right proportions” – Robert Lloyd, Los Angeles Times
“On top of just being a top-notch superhero show, Amazon’s The Tick is so damn refreshing” – Brett White, Decider
“Ben has created a resounding hit while Peter and Griffin have brought Tick and Arthur to indelible life,” said Sharon Yguado, Head of Scripted Series, Amazon Studios. “We can’t wait to bring fans more of the Tick universe soon.”
“I am so excited that Amazon wants to continue this wildly fruitful collaboration and that this amazing cast gets to stay together, and that we get to build this mythos further, wider, deeper, and taller,” said Ben Edlund, series creator and executive producer. “We got a good ball of mud spinning with the right tilt of axis, I’m very happy we have this opportunity to keep peopling it.”
The Tick also commented on today’s news: “You feel it too, don’t you? Destiny’s warm hand in the small of your back, pushing, pushing. She’s on a roll.”
The Tick Season 2 is executive produced by Ben Edlund (Firefly, Supernatural, Gotham), Barry Josephson (Bones), Barry Sonnenfeld (Pushing Daisies, A Series of Unfortunate Events), and is co-executive produced by Kit Boss (King of the Hill, iZombie).
About The Tick
In a world where superheroes have been real for decades, Arthur (Newman), an accountant with mental health issues and zero powers, comes to suspect his city is owned by a global super-villain, The Terror (Jackie Earle Haley) who has been long thought dead. As Arthur struggles to uncover the conspiracy he falls in league with a strange blue superhero – The Tick (Serafinowicz). They launch into an adventure brimming with crazed arch-villains, blood-soaked vigilantes, and superhuman freakery.
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium on-demand entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch, and how to watch it. Prime Video is the only service that provides all of the following:
- Prime Video: Thousands of movies and TV shows, including popular licensed and self-published content plus critically-acclaimed and award-winning Prime Originals like The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and The Tick, Amazon Original Movies such as Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea, The Big Sick and The Salesman and kids series Tumble Leaf, available for unlimited streaming as part of an Amazon Prime membership. Prime Video is also now available to customers in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe at www.primevideo.com.
- Live Sports: Sporting events, including AVP volleyball and ATP tennis, are available to watch live on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories around the globe.
- Amazon Channels: Over 140 channel subscriptions that Prime members can add to their membership, including HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Cinemax, PBS KIDS, Acorn TV and more. To view the full list of channels available, visit www.amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Own: Hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and current TV shows available for on-demand rental or purchase for all Amazon customers.
- Instant Access: Instantly watch anytime, anywhere through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. For a list of all compatible devices visit www.amazon.com/howtostream.
- Premium Features: Top features like 4K Ultra HD, High Dynamic Range (HDR), X-Ray and mobile downloads for offline viewing of select content.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: www.amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit www.amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing and distributing programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global production business operating 21 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 12 countries around the world. Sony Pictures Television is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
No Comments »
Leave a Comment
- May 2019 
- April 2019 
- March 2019 
- February 2019 
- January 2019 
- December 2018 
- November 2018 
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- View complete archive...