As the Original Superhero Action Figure, Captain Action is all about customization, change and the power of imagination. We’re thrilled to announce the first-ever Captain Action Custom Figure Contest. Is there a hero that you wish had a costume set or 1/6th scale figure? Or do you just like looking at the creativity that customizing fans bring? Well this is the contest for you.
How it Works:
Customizers are encouraged to send in photos of their best 1/6 scale customized superhero figures using Captain Action figures and/or parts. Fans can create costume sets/figures for existing heroes or new characters they have created. We’ll be showcasing the entries online up to the San Diego Comic Con. And then, at the Captain Action panel, our all-star panel of judges, and the audience, will review the top six entries and choose one winner. One grand prize winner gets a $500 Captain Action Shopping Spree, courtesy of Midtown Comics, first prizes including Captain Action comics. Five First Prize winners will win copies of Dynamite’s Codename:Action Trade Paperback, collecting the recent hit miniseries.
Entries must be sent to JoeAhearn@CaptainAction.com and include “Captain Action Custom Figure Contest” in the subject line.
And if any entrants are attending the show, they can also bring their creations in for review on stage. We’ll simultaneously have their entries on the big screen.
- · Grand Prize (1) $500 Captain Action Shopping Spree at Midtown Comics
- · 1st Prizes (5) (5) Codename:Action Trade Paperbacks- collecting the Codename:Action miniseries.
- Entries will be posted online at CaptainAction.com and the Captain Action Facebook Page so fans can preview them before San Diego Comic-Con.
- Judging will take place at the Comic-Con International Panel – MORE DETAILS ON THE PANEL SOON!!
- Results will be announced online at CaptainAction.com subsequent to the live panel.
- Prizes will be awarded within 4 weeks.
- J. C. Vaughn, Vice President, The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide
- Marv Wolfman, Legendary Comics Creator (New Teen Titans, Black Cat,Blade)
- Daniel (Julius Marx) Pickett, Action Figure Insider
- Michael Polis, Atomic Toybox Entertainment, Wildbrain and Yo Gabba Gabba
- Michael Crawford, Captain Toy, MWC Toys
- Joseph Petrollese, Design Director, Tonner Doll
- Moderator: Ed Catto, Captain Action Enterprises, LLC
- Entries can be sent to JoeAhearn@CaptainAction.com Please put “Captain Action Custom Figure Contest” in subject line.
- Entries are encouraged to include Captain Action figures and materials, but it is not mandatory.
- Entries will be judged upon creativity, craftsmanship, originality and professionalism. Use of Captain Action figures and parts may be viewed favorably by the judges, but it is not an official criteria.
- Packaging, Dioramas, Vehicles and other accessories are optional.
- To be considered, all entries must be submitted, by photo, no later than July 19, 2014.
- Contestants are encouraged to bring the actual customs to the panel if they are attending, but it is not mandatory.
- Maximum three (3) entries per person
- All entries must have been completed in calendar year 2014
- No PhotoShopping
- No actual knives or sharp objects are permitted.
- All entries are expected to be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Contest is void where prohibited by law.
About Captain Action Enterprises
As Retropreneurs, Captain Action Enterprises, LLC specializes in taking old properties and rejuvenating them for a new generation. Captain Action’s appears in an on-going comic book series, lithographs, statues, action figures, T-shirts, model kits and more. Additional properties include Captain Action Cat, Dr. Evil and Savage Beauty. For additional information, please contact Ed Catto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.CaptainAction.com
2 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- August 2014 
- July 2014 
- June 2014 
- May 2014 
- April 2014 
- March 2014 
- February 2014 
- January 2014 
- December 2013 
- November 2013 
- October 2013 
- September 2013 
- August 2013 
- July 2013 
- June 2013 
- View complete archive...