Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

I agree with the "not fun anymore" comment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wildcard on March 05, 12 at 19:40:11

In Reply to: Not ! either. Fiasco... posted by mr Articulate

I used two computers to try and log on. On one, I clicked on the email, on the other, I typed it in. Obviously I got in on the one where I typed it in and even then, it timed out and upon reloading, I was a little over 10,000. By the time i got through, the 4 day passes were sold out. It means with single day passes, i'd have to use precious time lining up just to get my passes before i even get in to line up some more. People spend valuable money for travel and hotels and I'd hate to waste my time the way Comic-Con operates. However, my clients will be there so my presence is somewhat necessary. But, yes it is not quite as fun as it used to be.

: At 8:00 AM I click the link they sent in the email. My Safari locks up or the site times out several times until 8:20 something when SDCC texts that the link is wrong.... So when I do launch from the SDCC website I am now #39, 473. By the time it all sells out at 9:18, I'm #2323. In a way I'm glad, it's gotten so crowded and expensive, that it was not fun anymore.
:
: :
: : I had a friend who was trying to get tickets, and she said they were sold out by 10.
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: