Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

Re: I don't know if it's Mattel's reluctance to put the line at retail...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Firebat on July 28, 12 at 11:17:50

In Reply to: I don't know if it's Mattel's reluctance to put the line at retail... posted by Airmax

What bothers me is that Mattel will put a motu hot wheels line out at retail, but no figures. In my area, both walmarts sold out of these motu hot wheels at around $5 each. Now, I understand these cars are repaints. No new molds saves costs, etc. I think it shows that motu has recognization though. He man is not batman, but he's not blackstar either, and with no licensing fees to pay,I think Mattel could pull off an affordable line. Heck, give us the 2002 molds with new head sculpts, basic packaging, one accessory. Make sure each case has 2x BASIC he-man included. Always. No insane variants. Wave one could include the sword, wave two, the axe. Wave 3, and different head sculpt. Fun stuff for collectors, while kids could always get a regular he-man.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: