Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

So....what do we all think of Arrow?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Blanka on January 17, 13 at 11:12:25

I'm torn on the show. While it's incredibly awesome to see the Year One aspect of Ollie, and it's certainly awesome to see characters like Deadshot, Firefly, and Deathstroke come to life; it almost feels like a chore for me to watch it.

The action beats are eh.

But the writing can be okay to abysmal. I hate the soap opera aspect of it. I don't care about his family at all. Take them out of the equation, and each episode would be tolerable. The women characters on the show drive me nuts. Does ANYONE on television know how to write women? In real life, how many times would you put up with Thea's bull before you went, "Okay, screw off, sis"?

How many times has she gone "Ollie, you're being a jerk. What's wrong with you??", then turned around the same episode and said "No, I get it. You were on an island. You need time. I'm being a bitch"?? THEN back to the same way in the next episode?? Lather, rinse, repeat.

Anyone else's thoughts on the show?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: