Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

I say go to the IKEA model. Make us assemble them ourselves, pass the savings on to us. BOOM. nt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swass! on January 22, 13 at 11:21:04

In Reply to: Mattel Wants to Know - Do you want cheaper figures? posted by Julius Marx

: There has been a lot of discussion all over the internet about the rising cost of action figures and Mattel's subscriptions. Today Scott asked the question over on the He-Man.org boards - Would you want the return of $20 figures if it meant having to take away things like accessories, paint ops and/or packaging?
:
: "I've seen a lot of comments today on Facebook about Fangman not being worth $25/$27.00. I wish it was less expensive to make these figures but reality being what it is, production/material costs have risen necessitating this price increase (that in all fairness we announced back in July!).
:
: As we start looking at a potential 2014 line, do fans want the same quality/accessories and package we have now, or would you prefer we found ways to cost reduce the figures back down to $20.00? This would likely include things like very minimal packaging (i.e. a polly bag), no accessories and reduced deco.
:
: What say you? Keep as is or go for a less expensive version of figures that can come in closer to $20.00? Just curious what everyone's thoughts are.
:
: Scott"
:
: What do you guys think?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title: