Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

agreed, that's my issue as well...txt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Superfly on January 23, 13 at 12:51:56

In Reply to: I have to agree with the guys below... posted by Airmax

Obviously I am biased as an older DC fan, and I LOVED the history and legacy of the old DCU. But I was willing to give the new52 a shot with the hopes of it being a fresh start and a fun ride.

What I found was poor characterization, laughable dialog, and characters that are rude, shallow, and not particularly heroic. And that's just the Justice League.

Yes, there are some books that are still good, but none of them needed the benefit of this reboot. Plus other books like Batman and Green Lantern received a 'semi-reboot', but none of the continuity or history makes sense anymore.

DC destroyed 75 years of history to chase the non-existent market of teens, and have made a guy like me nearly stop collecting comics entirely, after being a loyal DC reader for the better part of 30 years. And I know I'm not the only one.

What a mess.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: