Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

Which figures did you see at Target?(nt)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Firebat on February 12, 13 at 16:26:36

In Reply to: Just one...why is it 1992? posted by Brendan

: I get the desire to cut costs and create toys at more kid-friendly prices. Prices have risen dramatically, especially when you think that we were paying $8 for the Muppets, and that's within the last 10 years.
:
: But what began with the Dark Knight Rises last summer seems to be spilling into Mattel and Hasbro's other 3 3/4" lines. Minimal articulation, paint and clunky sculpts.
:
: I saw some Star Wars figures with five points of articulation at Target yesterday that reflect this new approach. They were terrible. They were the worst figures in the entire line, going back to '95. Or strictly from a paint perspective, 1977.
:
: I know there are higher quality figures through the Black line, blah blah blah. But I feel there has to be a happy medium between cost and quality that doesn't seem to be a priority at the moment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: