Welcome to the Toy Talk forum, a registration free message board designed to give you instant access to all the latest Toy Fair 2012 news! We will be policing this board somewhat, but really on everyone to be on their best behavior.

If this is your first time here, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines found by clicking the link below. For more detailed instructions on using this forum, click the "About" link below.

Some corrections/updates.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ AFi Toy Fair 2012 Toy Talk Forum! ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JuliusMarx on February 13, 13 at 09:55:53

In Reply to: So, we've talked about all the COOL things we've seen...what's the top 5 WORST showings from this Toy Fair? posted by Blanka

: 1) And this is the big one for me, Diamond Select had the worst showing I've seen in many o' Toy Fair. Just abysmal. Not a Wolverine Select figure, not a Thor Select figure, and hardly any Marvel Selects in sight. We got an announcement of a Silver Surfer. That's what you bring to the big dance?

There IS a MS Wolverine and her looks GREAT! A really good likeness... just no photos were allowed.

: not to mention my own personal dejection over both the Tomb Raider and Invincible licenses being announced, and only Minimates being the product shown.

There is also an Atom Eve Femme Fatal statue.

: 2) No further Arkham figures past Grundy. I felt like one more wave could have been done with Two-Face, Hugo, Bunny Batman, and maybe a Wonder City Robot or Talia Guard or even Harley's Revenge Harley. Yet, they claim that they didn't have enough characters to make a last wave. Are they high? Or did they just get bored with the line? Either way, it's a BS excuse. Happy to get Grundy, but come on. Deadshot gets a figure? Mad Hatter gets a figure? Zzasz gets a figure? Yet, Hugo Strange, to main antagonist DOESN'T? Makes sense....

There is still more Arkham coming. The line for them right now is like printing their own money. That's why they are re-releasing previous waves of both Asylum and City. Jim is well aware of who is left to do.
:

:
: 5) DC Collectibles (yes two DCC complaints)--please don't make that Catwoman exclusive to that box set only. Because what happens is I buy all the singles of the other characters, because I KNOW you'll rip us off on the accessories in the boxed set. Therefore I'm required to buy the singles if I want the accessories, and then buy the box set to get that one figure, and then PRAY that I can sell the duplicate figures off to recoup a little of my cost. Come on. Just be straight up with us.

Catwoman may still come out as a single later like they did with Superman. They just don't know yet.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:
Subject:
Comments:
Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Verification Code: