BURSTING WITH 80 PAGES OF FUN, MUCH ANTICIPATED BOOK FEATURES THOUSANDS OF TOYS AND MORE THAN $5,600 IN SAVINGS
Even More Incredible Deals That Couldn’t Fit Into the Book to be E-mailed Throughout November
The Great Big Christmas Book Goes Digital with iPad App, Facebook Preview
WAYNE, NJ – (October 28, 2010) – Toys“R”Us® is setting the stage for a season of WOW with hundreds of deals on today’s hottest toys as The Great Big Christmas Book begins to arrive in homes and newspapers nationwide this weekend. Overflowing with 80 pages of toys, games, bikes, electronics and more – including hundreds of items only available at Toys“R”Us – kids wait in anticipation for this holiday book so they can check off gifts they want and give Santa a hint. Meanwhile, parents are sure to appreciate this book of values, as they take advantage of the incredible deals available at Toys“R”Us stores from Sunday, October 31 through Wednesday, November 24. Featuring thousands of toys, the book includes more than $5,600 in savings – more than any other year – and more than 50 free gifts-with-purchase, along with hundreds of amazing discounts. Throughout the season, customers can also look forward to receiving e-mailed bonus pages of holiday-themed deals and discounts that could not fit between the covers of The Great Big Christmas Book.
To help on-the-go shoppers, The Great Big Christmas Book also will be available in convenient digital formats, including an interactive iPad App, as well as through an exclusive sneak preview – available now – on the company’s official Facebook fan page, Facebook.com/Toysrus. Customers can also experience a digital version of The Great Big Christmas Book online at Toysrus.com/ChristmasBook beginning Sunday, October 31.
“Kids across the country can barely contain their excitement when they know The Great Big Christmas Book is coming from Toys“R”Us. They can’t wait to start flipping through the pages to show their parents – and Santa – the toys that will WOW them on Christmas morning,” said Greg Ahearn, Senior Vice President, Marketing and e-commerce, Toys“R”Us, Inc. “While children love seeing the fabulous playthings, parents will appreciate the incredible savings offered, including more than 50 free gift-with-purchase offers and hundreds of deals.”
The Season’s Hottest Toys, Including Hundreds of Toys“R”Us Exclusives
Building on the company’s unique value proposition of affordable fun, The Great Big Christmas Book features thousands of items – including hundreds of items available exclusively at Toys“R”Us – that will have kids jumping for joy on Christmas morning. From Sing-a-ma-jigs!™, Tomica train sets, Princess & Me™ dolls, SCRABBLE Flash and Xbox 360® Kinect™, to products from classic brands such as Hasbro®, LEGO®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price® and more, the hottest toys of 2010 can be found throughout this holiday catalog at prices sure to delight the savviest of shoppers.
Highlights of the savings and deals valid from Sunday, October 31 through Tuesday, November 24, while supplies last, include:
· FREE $10 Toys“R”Us gift card with ANY purchase of $75 or more*
· FREE $25 Toys“R”Us gift card with the purchase of ANY Tony Hawk bike*
· FREE $10 Toys“R”Us gift Card with ANY Bratz purchase of $40 or more*
· FREE $10 Toys“R”Us gift card with ANY Apple iPod purchase of $149.99 or more*
· FREE $10 Toys“R”Us gift card with ANY Disney Movie purchase of $40 or more*
· FREE Crayola Holiday Gift Pack with ANY Crayola Purchase of $19.99 or more
· FREE Doll Food and Diapers Super Refill Pack with ANY Baby Alive purchase of $35 or more
· FREE Princess & Me Royal Wardrobe with ANY Princess & Me purchase of $75 or more
· FREE Monster High Cosmetic Case with ANY Monster High purchase of $50 or more
· FREE NERF Ammo with the purchase of ANY NERF blaster
· 35% off Monopoly Electronic Banking edition, SCRABBLE Flash, Trivial Pursuit Bet You Know It edition and Bezzerwizzer games
· 25% off ALL MobiGo and V.Reader Software
· 25% off select Moon Dough items
p; SAVE $150 on Big Backyard Bayberry Wooden Playhouse
· SAVE $100 on Step2 Play Up Gym Set
This year, customers who already receive e-mails from Toys“R”Us will receive digital pages of additional savings from The Great Big Christmas Book. To sign up to receive these special
e-mails, customers can visit http://app.toysrus.com/
Experiencing The Great Big Christmas Book, Digitally
Shoppers interested in accessing the deals, discounts and toys available in The Great Big Christmas Book while on-the-go will find a variety of ways to view the catalog online and on mobile devices, including:
· On the Web: The entire catalog can be found online at Toysrus.com/ChristmasBook beginning Sunday, October 31. Shoppers can also search for products and deals by brand, age and category, whether looking for special sales on dolls, games, action figures or any other item. Toysrus.com offers a version that customers can see page-by-page, as if they were holding the book in their hands.
· On Facebook: Members of the official Toys“R”Us Facebook fan page can find an exclusive preview of The Great Big Christmas Book available now at Facebook.com/Toysrus. Additionally, fans can choose to “like” items featured within the catalog’s pages or share a link to the items with their friends.
· On iPad: Apple iPad owners can download a complimentary App that includes two different views of the catalog – one for kids and one for adults. Children can browse the pages of The Great Big Christmas Book, without prices, and drag items they want to receive into a “gift box” to create their “must-have” list for parents or Santa. Adults can view their child’s list, including price information, edit the toys their children add and share it with family and friends through e-mail, Facebook, SMS and the Toys“R”Us Wish List. Customers can visit Toysrus.com/ChristmasBook to find The Great Big Christmas Book iPad App beginning in November.
All of the digital versions of The Great Big Christmas Book offer additional product information and links to online reviews, as well as video demonstrations of select items.
Special Offerings for Savvy Shoppers
Toys“R”Us makes it easy and rewarding for parents to purchase gifts for their children or let family and friends know which toys top their child’s wish list, including:
· Earn 10 Percent Back With Loyalty Program: New and current members of the company’s popular loyalty program, Rewards“R”Us, can earn 10 percent back in “R”Us Dollars for every dollar spent on purchases in its stores and online beginning this Sunday, October 31 through Christmas Eve. Customers, who are not already enrolled in Rewards“R”Us, can sign up for the complimentary program at any “R”Us® store or online at Toysrus.com/Rewards to begin reaping the enhanced rewards. Some restrictions apply.
· Big Gift Layaway: From bikes and dollhouses to gym sets, parents can make important holiday purchases early in the holiday season when selection is at its best or to help hide large items from spying young eyes at Toys“R”Us stores. Available on select items, a deposit of 20% of the total purchase, including all applicable taxes, and a $10 service charge is required for Big Gift Layaway. Payments may be made at the store at any time in the form of cash, check, credit card, debit card or gift card. Additional payments can be made at any time, but 50% of the total price of the order must be paid within 45 days and total price of the order must be paid within 90 days. Customers can visit Toysrus.com/Layaway to learn more about the program.
· Toys“R”Us Wish List™:Parents can share their child’s must-have presents with family and friends by using the Toys“R”Us Wish List in-store or online. Parents and kids can use the service together to create a tailored list of toys based not only on what the child wants, but on their age, interests and abilities. All Toys“R”Us stores nationwide now feature a dedicated Wish List self-service kiosks, allowing gift-givers to print out a Wish List quickly with the click of a button. Wish Lists can also be created, updated and maintained online at Toysrus.com/WishList.
The Great Big Christmas Book will be distributed in newspapers nationwide on Sunday, October 31. The Great Big Christmas Book will also be featured on national TV commercials, featuring computer animated versions of Geoffrey the Giraffe and Santa Claus, on networks including CBS, NBC, ABC, TBS, TNT, Lifetime, USA, Food, Bravo, ABC Family and HGTV starting Sunday, October 31.
ution photos, please click on the following link: https://toysrus.sharefile.com/
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. It currently sells merchandise in more than 1,560 stores, including 845 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, and more than 510 international stores and 200 licensed stores in 33 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.
* This deal is available in-store only.
- September 2015 
- August 2015 
- July 2015 
- June 2015 
- May 2015 
- April 2015 
- March 2015 
- February 2015 
- January 2015 
- December 2014 
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- July 2014 
- View complete archive...