TOYS“R”US® INTRODUCES NEW MULTI-CHANNEL SERVICES TO PROVIDE ADDED CONVENIENCE, SAVINGS ON SHIPPING COSTS AND EXPEDITED PRODUCT DELIVERY
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store Launches at Babies“R”Us® Stores and Designated Toys“R”Us Stores in Major U.S. Markets, Giving Customers the Ability to Browse and Choose from Thousands of Items Online For Pick Up In-Store
Whether Shopping In-Store or Online, Company’s Expanded Inventory Tracking System Provides Customers Peace of Mind About Product Availability
WAYNE, NJ (October 21, 2010) – Just in time for Christmas, Toys“R”Us, Inc. today announced new and enhanced multi-channel services to streamline the company’s in-store and online experience, helping time-strapped parents and gift-givers receive items more quickly, save on shipping costs and provide peace of mind about product availability. Beginning next week, “R”Us® customers will have the ability to order from among thousands of items online and pick them up the same day in any Babies“R”Us® store nationwide* or in designated Toys“R”Us® stores in major U.S. markets from coast-to-coast.
In addition, Toys“R”Us has expanded a number of services to help ensure items are available when and where customers want them. Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us shoppers on the hunt for that special gift can now check product availability in stores nationwide or on Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com without ever leaving their homes. “R”Us store associates can also help locate sought-after gifts in nearby stores or order them online to be shipped to a customer’s home free of charge.
“We know that an increasing number of customers are using our e-commerce site not only to make purchases but to research products available in our stores, and we are pleased to offer streamlined services to help busy parents and gift-givers save time and shop more efficiently,” said Greg Ahearn, Senior Vice President, Marketing and e-commerce, Toys“R”Us, Inc. “These enhanced services let time-strapped shoppers know we will assist them in securing items they are searching for, from that special crib to welcome a newborn to that must-have gift at the top of a child’s wish list.”
Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store Offers Same-Day Access to Thousands of Products Online
Beginning Tuesday, October 26, online shoppers can begin to take advantage of Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store, giving them the ability to browse and shop for from thousands of items from the comfort of their own homes, while offering them the flexibility to pick up their purchases conveniently at the Guest Services desk at a nearby “R”Us store. Appealing to customers who want to avoid shipping costs or those who simply need their items right away, Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store is a complimentary service and guarantees in-store access to more than 7,500 items within two hours of ordering.
This service will be available at nearly 260 Babies“R”Us stores nationwide, as well as at targeted Toys“R”Us stores in major U.S. markets and metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Seattle and Washington, D.C. The company plans to expand Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store to include all Toys“R”Us locations nationwide by the middle of next year.
Items eligible for Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store will be indicated as such on their product pages on Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com. Customers can enter their zip code to find the five nearest stores with inventory to determine where the item is available for pick up.
The company will support the launch of Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store with a comprehensive marketing program inclusive of in-store signage, as well as print and online advertising.
Additional Enhanced Services Help Busy Holiday Shoppers Locate Items at Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us with Ease
Beyond Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store, the company has enhanced a number of its cross-channel services to help customers locate and secure the gifts they seek:
· Find It In Stores – Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us customers have the ability to check whether their local stores have the in-demand product they’re searching for in-stock, with a few simple clicks of their mouse on Toysrus.com. Once they choose an item and arrive at the product description page, customers can check for inventory at stores up to 50 miles from their home by clicking “Select a Store” and entering their zip code.
· Place an Online Order from an “R”Us Store for Free Home Delivery – To accommodate customers who are already shopping in a Toys“R”Us or Babies“R”Us store that may be currently out-of-stock on a certain item, or the item they wish to purchase is available online only, store associates can determine availability of the item on the expanded catalog on Toysrus.com and have it shipped to the customer’s home – free of charge.**
· Locate Stock in a Nearby Store – Store associates can also locate inventory of out-of-stock items at a nearby store. Depending on the customer’s preference and when they need the item, the product can either be sent to the customer’s home or placed on hold for same-day pickup at an alternate store.
· E-mail Notification When an Out-of-Stock Item on Toysrus.com Becomes Available Online – Online shoppers searching for that specific blue bike or Barbie doll to round out a little girl’s collection only to find that the item is temporarily out-of-stock on Toysrus.com can take advantage of the “Notify Me When Available” option. By signing up for notification, the customer will receive an e-mail alert as soon as the item becomes available online for purchase.
Toysrus.com will offer free shipping deals throughout the holiday season. For the most up-to-date information on free shipping offers and the services listed above, customers should check Toysrus.com.
* Does not include integrated stores.
** Some exclusions apply.
About Toys“R”Us, Inc.
Toys“R”Us, Inc. is the world’s leading dedicated toy and juvenile products retailer, offering a differentiated shopping experience through its family of brands. It currently sells merchandise in more than 1,560 stores, including 845 Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores in the United States, and more than 510 international stores and 200 licensed stores in 33 countries and jurisdictions. In addition, it exclusively operates the legendary FAO Schwarz brand and sells extraordinary toys in the brand’s flagship store on Fifth Avenue in New York City. With its strong portfolio of e-commerce sites including Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, eToys.com, FAO.com and babyuniverse.com, it provides shoppers with a broad online selection of distinctive toy and baby products. Headquartered in Wayne, NJ, Toys“R”Us, Inc. employs approximately 70,000 associates worldwide. The company is committed to serving its communities as a caring and reputable neighbor through programs dedicated to keeping kids safe and helping them in times of need.
- October 2016 
- September 2016 
- August 2016 
- July 2016 
- June 2016 
- May 2016 
- April 2016 
- March 2016 
- February 2016 
- January 2016 
- December 2015 
- November 2015 
- October 2015 
- September 2015 
- August 2015 
- View complete archive...