Ready for a unique ride through the old West? CFT brings 15 unique 1:18th action figures to your collection! Saddle up, and come play!
Dallas/Forth Worth — When searching for highly articulated action figures in 1:18th scale, aisle 3C is looking like a modern ghost town these days. Therefore it’s no surprise that a number of small upstart companies are striving to fill the gap for collectors of this action figure scale.
To this end, Chicken Fried Toys© (CFT) is proud to introduce their Dime Novel Legends© (DNL), their first-ever lineup of 3.75-inch, fully articulated, collectible action figures that bring back the essence of the American Frontier West. These 15 realistic reproductions of iconic Western archetypes feature authentic styling and looks, and include numerous accessories and gear that historically reflect the period between 1835 and 1895.
The Dime Novel Legends© lineup will encompass characters drawn from the rich history of Frontier America during its expansion westward. While easily identifiable, these characters do not represent any single person from history, film or literature. Rather, they are an amalgamation taken from the collective imaginations of enthusiasts who have long dreamed of accumulating an entire Western community of cowboys, townsfolk, lawmen, bandits, and Native Americans from an often ignored and nigh-forgotten part of America’s unique and rich history.
Chicken Fried Toys© will introduce these iconic action figures intended for the adult collector featuring 16 points of articulation. Kickstarter© pledge rewards and Wave 1 will include:
- Kicken’ Chicken Logo Sticker – A simple, but full color vinyl pre-cut sticker to slap anywhere you want of our soon to be famous mascot. Tell ’em you were diggin’ the Chicken’ before it was cool!
- Bucket O’ Spuds! – Brian Kauffman‘s “Bucket O’ Spuds”. Blame him for this. You get a pail/bucket suitable for diorama display and play, along with 5 extra potatoes to fill up the bucket for the poor KP Trooper stuck on that duty.
- Raid the Armory Weapon Pack – This set of all 7 regular color versions of series 1 firearms is intended to allow you to change the load-out on each of your Garrion KP Troopers in the 3 pack offering while keeping all the colors uniform for standard issue.
- T-shirt and Sticker – You’ll receive as your reward for a pledge at the “Shirt off our backs” level, an actual t-shirt, as well as the Kicken’ Chicken‘ vinyl decal! Sizes will be collected via Backerkit© survey for the ROYAL BLUE exclusive shirt at the end of the successful campaign. No BORING black t-shirts here!
- The Marshal – (Wyatt level pledge reward) Clad in black, with his long coat pulled back over his working holster to show ruffians that he means business, this icon comes with a “Hogleg” pistol, “Street Howitzer” long gun, and removable hat and jacket.
- Territories Lawman – (Bass level pledge reward) Before the regions of the American West became states, they were territories under the jurisdiction of the Federal government. This storied African-American lawman comes with dual holsters and pistols, bandana, removable vest and hat. All this makes him the true definition of a Legend!
- Trail Boss – (Gus level pledge reward) Wearing chaps and a broad-brimmed hat, this honcho of the trail drive has all the trappings of a seasoned leader. If his stern look doesn’t command the respect he’s earned, he has a lever-action “Saddle” rifle and removable “Outlaw” pistol to back it up.
- Saloon Bartender – (Regent level pledge reward) No image of the classic Western town is complete without a bartender or shopkeeper. Likely the only person who can afford both moustache wax AND hair cream, often neutral in fights and always the center of information, this smiling gentleman with the apron is quick with a mug of refreshment, and a turn on the pickle/beer barrel.
- Ranch Hand – (Lil’ Tex level pledge reward) No cattle drive is complete without the ubiquitous trail hand. His look is highlighted with tall Cavalry style boots, removable vest and gun belt, and “Carbine” rifle. His hat, surely bought fresh from the General Store with pay from working the latest cattle drive, tops his clean-cut look.
- Badlands Vigilante – This figure is exclusive to the “All-In!” Kickstarter© package. He has a unique portrait sculpt, removable “10-gallon” hat, bandana, suit-coat, gun belt with holster, uniquely painted lever-action “Saddle” rifle, and a shining silver six-gun.
This item is only available in the “All-IN!” Kickstarter© package!
- Garrison “KP” Trooper – This is an “open to everyone” Kickstarter© exclusive figure! He’s exclusive, he’s a trooper, and he’s an Army builder all at once! The figure comes as you see here with “Carbine” rifle, “Outlaw” pistol, spuds, knife for peeling and a bucket. More parts than any other figure in the lineup!
- You can add this figure (with his 4 newly tooled parts) to your pre-existing pledge for at any time!
- This exclusive cardinal red t-shirt will be bundled with the “All-IN!” package! Sizes will be collected via Backerkit© survey upon the successful completion of the campaign.
- Garrison “KP” Trooper Sqaud 3 Pack – Here is the Kickstarter© exclusive Garrison KP Trooper 3 pack. Each of these figures come as you see here but will also include the “Carbine” rifle, “Outlaw” pistol, spuds, knife for peeling and a bucket for each character. More parts that any other figures in the lineup!
- You can add this figure 3 pack to your pre-existing pledge for $80 at any time!
- Sharpshooter – Wearing a period-correct bib-front shirt, this misplaced Texan sports a removable bandana, Texas-sized hat, cartridge belt with working knife and sheathe, saddlebags, and a legendary “Buffalo” rifle with upright rear sight.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $165,000!
- The Sheriff – Dressed like a “dandy” with a Derby and suit-coat, this lawman carries a cane, not so much for walking, but rather to give a sophisticated air to any cattle or mining camp he has been charged to protect.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $205,000!
- Beer Barrel & Three Mugs – What you see here is what you are getting. Included is an extra beer barrel with stand and flip top lid (“beer” on one side and “pickles” on the other), and three clear mugs with transparent yellow & white foam inserts for diorama display.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $215,000!
- Vaquero – This everyday inhabitant of the Texas Southwest has a wide-brimmed hat to keep the desert sun off his shoulders, along with chaps, gun belt, pistol and Spanish silver spurs. Dressed up brightly in his best for the celebratory rodeo at the end of a long cattle drive, he cuts quite a colorful character.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $225,000!
- Head Honcho – Every gang has its ringleader; a rough and tumble, but quick-witted character who is not to be trifled with on any occasion. He wears a removable vest, gun belt, tabbed collar, and jaunty Derby.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $265,000!
- Gunfighter – The gang member with the cool temper and lightning quick six-guns is dressed in a vest and long sleeve shirt styled of the day. He has a removable hat, gun belt, twin holsters and pistols to fill ’em.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $275,000!
- Prospector – These men were some of the first brave souls to cross the Plains in search of riches and fortune, while “seein’ it all.” This old codger comes with an iconic hat and all the tools to hit the motherlode, including a pick-axe, gold pan, and “Street Howitzer” shotgun.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $315,000!
- Fire Brigadier – When every town is made of either wood or canvas, a firefighter or two becomes an essential part of the landscape. This member of the Old West Fire Brigade comes with a Victorian-era fire helmet, bright red shirt, Halligan tool, fire axe and suspenders!
This stretch goal reward unlocks at 325,000!
- Create Yer’ Own Outlaw – Clad in signature black and sporting a surly look, this villain will be named by Kickstarter© participants in a poll run during the campaign on our Facebook© page. He will sport a long coat, Cavalry boots, double holsters for his gun belt and two pitch-black pistols to fill ’em.
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $365,000!
- Create Yer’ Own Cowboy – Not just the name, but the color palette for the Stagecoach pack-in will be chosen by the “All-In!” Kickstarter© pledges on our Facebook© page. This classically styled cowboy has chaps, unique hat, removable vest and all the right gear to complete your cattle drive!
This stretch goal reward unlocks at $375,000!
Also included in the Kickstarter© campaign, will be additional items that will allow you to easily customize and tailor the appearance of each character to you personal tastes. Each of these items will be stretch goals that will unlock over the course of the campaign
3 Comments »
Leave a Comment
- February 2019 
- January 2019 
- December 2018 
- November 2018 
- October 2018 
- September 2018 
- August 2018 
- July 2018 
- June 2018 
- May 2018 
- April 2018 
- March 2018 
- February 2018 
- January 2018 
- December 2017 
- View complete archive...