DC Comics: The New 52 Trading Cards and DC Comics Deck-building Game Launching in Summer 2012
Demo the DC Comics Deck-building game exclusively at the Cryptozoic Comic-Con Store, 411 Market Street
DC Comics and Cryptozoic Entertainment, the premier developer of licensed and original games and trading cards including The Big Bang Theory: The Party Game and Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre, are partnering for an all-new deck-building game and a trading card set, both launching in late summer 2012.
Offering DC fans the opportunity to play as BatmanTM, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, or Cyborg, the DC Comics Deck-building Game will be available for demonstrations for the first time exclusively at the Cryptozoic Comic-Con store at 411 Market Street, throughout San Diego Comic-Con.
The DC Comics: The New 52 Trading Cards will include a 61-card base set, each featuring brand new art commissioned exclusively for the set.
214 Game Cards; 7 Oversized Super Hero Cards
Each player starts with his own basic 10-card deck and draws a hand of 5 cards each turn. Power is the currency you will use to buy new, stronger cards to add to your deck. The goal of a deck-building game is to craft your personal deck into a well-oiled machine. There are five different types of cards that can be acquired: Villains, Heroes, Equipment, Super Powers, and Locations.
A large, central stack of cards supplies a five-card “Line-Up” from which players make their purchases. Each player will always have five face-up cards to choose from each turn, so every turn there are new options and surprises.
When a player has amassed enough Power, he or she may defeat the current Super-Villain. When a Super-Villain is defeated, a new one appears and makes an Attack against each player in the game! Players can defend themselves with Defense cards like The Batsuit, Super Speed, Bulletproof, or several others.
In the end, the player who has accumulated the most Victory Points from the cards in his or her deck wins the game.
• Play as BatmanTM, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, The Flash, Green Lantern, or Cyborg. The Justice League of America is ready for action!
• Each Super Hero has a unique special ability that will open up different strategies to the player. Follow that strategy or break away with a plan of your own.
• Card combos, strategy, and fun abound in this game where every card is a well-known, fan-favorite card with amazing art.
• Easy to learn, entertaining and engaging gameplay. ￼
At a Glance:
• Number of Players: 2-5
• Ages: 15+
• Time to Play One Game: 30-45
DC ComicsTM: The New 52 Trading Cards
• 61-card base set
• “The Lanterns” chase set, featuring iconic Lanterns
• “Work in Progress” chase set, featuring lenticular sketch to full-color
• Sketch cards of some of DC Comics’ most popular characters (1:24 packs)
• First DC Comics trading card set in 3 years
• All base cards feature original art commissioned exclusively for the DC Comics: The New 52 Trading Card set
• Sketch cards featuring some of the leading artists in comics and sketch card
- February 2015 
- January 2015 
- December 2014 
- November 2014 
- October 2014 
- September 2014 
- August 2014 
- July 2014 
- June 2014 
- May 2014 
- April 2014 
- March 2014 
- February 2014 
- January 2014 
- December 2013 
- View complete archive...