EntertainmentEarth.com Gets Exclusive First Look: ReAction Figures
February 7, 2014

Our Friends over at EntertainmentEarth.com got the Exclusive First Look at many of the new “retro” ReAction Figures from Funko:

Get them here first! Funko and Super 7’s super-hot, brand-spanking-new release of fully poseable 3 3/4-inch ReAction figures has arrived… and it’s available first at Entertainment Earth! Choose exciting new action figures of key fan-demanded characters and creatures from The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Terminator, Predator, The Rocketeer, Escape from New York, and more. They feature multiple points of articulation and some even come with accessories! Don’t wait. Pre-order now to ensure you get yours!

EEReAction1

Daniel Pickett
Daniel “Julius Marx” Pickett has been around toys his whole life. The first line he ever collected was Mego’s World’s Greatest Super Heroes line back in the 70s. He has been surrounded by collectables ever since. In 1999 he was confounded by a lack of information and news about some of his favorite toy lines he was collecting. Since he couldn’t find the information he decided to pursue it himself thinking other people might also be interested in the same news. He started writing a weekly column on the toy industry and action figure for a toy news site and in a years time he tripled the sites daily traffic with his updates, reviews and product features. He built relationships with every major toy manufacturer and many sculptors, painters and mold makers. He grew his hobby into a world wide expertise that the industry has embraced. In 2004 he teamed up with his toy buddy Jason “ToyOtter” Geyer and they created their own website www.ActionFigureInsider.com. Daniel has been quoted in both industry and mass media press outlets. Over the years Daniel and AFi have been sought out as experts in the field. Daniel was regularly featured on “Attack of the Show” on the G4 network as the primary contributor to their “Mint On Card” segment, and our front page has been linked to from USA Today’s “Pop Candy” Blog twice. Daniel’s content has also been featured on MSNBC.com, Wired.com, Fark.com, Boing-Boing, Gizmodo.com, Ain’t It Cool News, the Official Star Wars blog, Geekologie, G4, CNet and Toy Fare magazine, among many others. He has consulted on toy lines, books, documentaries and TV shows. But all of that really just sounds snooty and “tootin’ his own horn” – the long and short of it is that Daniel loves toys and he LOVES talking about them.
Read other articles by Daniel Pickett.

• Batwasp says:

These look pretty decent. I can’t wait to see what the Universal Monsters and Michael Myers figures look like. The Snake Plissken without a jacket figure looks okay, may have to get that one also.

• Russ says:

I want to see the Back to the Future figures mainly, and see what other licenses they have.

I hope they also have the Dallas license, and possibly even Ghostbusters.

• Josh says:

I will never understand why anyone has interest in such lame looking things. Let alone versions of characters that have been over produced; ie universal monsters, micheal myers, etc…

• BANE says:

Josh, Since WHEN have the Universal monsters in the 3.75 format been over produced? Because the last time they were out were 1980. It is OBVIOUS you were born what? in the nineties?

Leave these for us old farts.

• Josh says:

My comment was in regards to the plethora of UM figures (regardless of scale) that have been produced over the lest ten years. C’mon, you can’t deny we do get a lot of the same stuff repeatedly these days; be it the 500th version of batman or universal monster.
      As far as your question goes, I believe Remco made 3-/+ figures back in the 80’s.

• Ozzie says:

Sarah Conner is the only decent figure here. The rest seriously look like dollar store figures. disappointing

• JT says:

Yeah, I’m an old fart, and have been eagerly awaiting Funko’s reveal, but these are pretty damn crappy. Utterly disappointed at the sculpts and paints, the packaging doesn’t even echo vintage in any way. I hope another company takes a stab at this. Sadly, I’ll pass.

• Rick Johnson says:

Thanks for sharing the news Daniel!! I was really excited about this company when I first saw the Aliens figs and when I heard about all of their wonderful licensing deals. HOWEVER, these look really bad (in my opinion). A definite pass for me, which is too bad as I had plans to buy quite a few of these lines. Nice concept, horrible designs.

• danny says:

I would concur, these aren’t really looking too great. I liked the idea and thought it was was cleverly done with the Alien figures. but now its like a funny SNL sketch turned into a bad 2 hour movie.

• Hobgoblin238 says:

I think people are truly missing the point. Did Kenner’s Luke look ANYTHING like Mark Hamill? Of course not! If you want exact likenesses go hang out with Hot toys. That is how Funko has been able to get all these licenses. By NOT having exact licenses. I think it is great and will order what I can.

• danny says:

nah, i get it. I just don’t see the point in seeing clunky versions of predator, terminator, etc. characters that have been done to death already. id probably be a little more forgiving of quality if they were doing characters that never got an action figure line or not much in the way of merchandising during its heyday. the gimmick (for lack of a better word) wears a little thin though, when its stuff thats been done already.
      i wish they pursued the properties more specific to that time period (late 70s/80s). would’ve been more interested in the tv versions of hulk and spiderman, land of the lost, road warrior etc more so than predator, terminator and universal monsters.