Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hypothetical Wonder Woman lines
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:31 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Lord Mudd and I had a quick conversation about if Funko Made a Wonder Woman 77 line like they have for Batman 66.

As I see it, Even taking all the characters together (heroes and villains), the show had very few recurring, much less memorable, characters. I don't see Funko getting more than 2 waves out of it even if they tried.

Wave 1 - Season 1 (WWII 1940s)
Wonder Woman, Diana Prince (duty uniform), Steve Trevor, Etta Candy, Wonder Girl, Hippolyta.

Wave 2 - Seasons 2 & 3, 70s
Wonder Woman, 70s outfit Diana Prince, Steve Trevor jr., "Skateboard Wiz" Wonder Woman, "The Deadly Dolphin" Wonder Woman
IRAC and Rover would make good pack-in characters.

So if Funko make a line based off the WW tv show, how would you propose they do it?
How would you do a Wonder Woman 77 line? Any characters from the show I am noting giving enough credit to?

Post subject: Re: Hypothetical Wonder Woman lines
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 am 
Loose, Missing Package

What if instead of a dedicated Wonder Woman 77 line it was a DC TV line? Outside of Superboy and Lois and Clark none of the show really featured costumed (or even comic based) villains (Trickster being the main exception). I could see one assortment for pre-Arrowverse television...

Wonder Woman 77 (modern day version would be the normal, chase version of the WWII costume)
Wonder Girl (if they could manage to get Debra Winger to okay likeness rights)
Superman 52
Shazam! 74
Superboy 88
Superman 93
Flash 90
Isis 75
Swamp Thing 90

...and one for pre-DCEU films...

Superman 79
Batman 89
Robin 95 (Robin 97 alternate)
Batgirl 97
Supergirl 84
Steel 97
Lex Luthor 79
Joker 89
Penguin 92
Catwoman 92
Riddler 95
Two-Face 95
Mr. Freeze 97
Poison Ivy 97
Bane 97
Floronic Man 97

Could probably do assortments on the Nolan Batman films and Smallville if they wanted.

Post subject: Re: Hypothetical Wonder Woman lines
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:54 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

WW2 should be the main figure since that was where Wonder Girl appeared in the series. You also need a villain and the Baroness was also in that series. You can also do Andros (Tim O'Connor). For the Modern WW you can do the updated Andros and do Skrill for bad guys.

If you do the Reeve Superman, you need Luthor (bald), Zod, Ursa, Non, and the Nuclear Man. No matter how cheesy the character was, he looked good and I want a figure of him.

I would do Shazam, Billy, and Isis as a box set, as there were no really good villains there. I would also try to slip Electra Woman and Dyna Girl in there.

For Batman I would not go beyond Batman and Robin. You have Keaton Batman, Clooney Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Alfred, Joker, Penguin, Catwoman, Two-Face, Riddler suit, Riddler green leotard, Riddler silver leotard, Poison Ivy leafy suit, Poison Ivy green leotard, Bane, and Mr. Freeze. You would also need a Joker goon, a Two-Face goon, and a Mr. Freeze goon, or a box set of all 3.

Birds of Prey has Huntress, Oracle, Batgirl, and Canary. Also Harley Quinn from the season finally, Lady Shiva, and Clayface.

Original Flash series: Flash, Pollux, Trickster, Prank, Mirror Master, Captain Cold (both less than memorable), Nightshade, Deadly Nightshade, and the Ghost.

You could also do Steel and Catwoman/Halle Berry.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.