Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Star Wars Marvel Legends style.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:22 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

What do people think about a Star Wars line in ML scale with the same amount of articulation? Whilst theres almost certainly a market for it, Do Hasbro have what it takes to pull this off succesfully?
Granted, their small scale line seems to be improving on the sculpting front, but I've never really been knocked out by any of the 12" figures. The bodies arent that great in comparisom to whats being put out by the likes of Sideshow and Dragon, and the sculpts never seem too hot to me either.

Having said that, i recently picked up the Vader from the 'Force Battlers' line and i really love it. its one of my favorite Vaders and what it lacks in articulation it makes up for in style.Really interesting sculpt i think. I really love with the general look of the thing. So maybe with more articulation, they could pull of a legends style line if they tried. Opinions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

I'd love for all lines to be in 6" scale with over 20 poa. GI Joe in particular would benefit from it, and Star Wars could use it as an opportunity to divorce itself from the movies' production cycle. Star Wars Legends! or Classics. Or whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:46 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I like the added articulation that the 3 3/4 inch figure are coming with now... I just can't get into a scale on Star Wars. I think that would drive me over the edge.

JuliusM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:51 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

JuliusMarx wrote:
I like the added articulation that the 3 3/4 inch figure are coming with now... I just can't get into a scale on Star Wars. I think that would drive me over the edge.

JuliusM

I agree... Until the VOTC came out I was not into much of he SW figures, even at the 3 3/4 scale. VOTC finally gave me what I wanted in that line, and it's obvious that they took some of that to ROTS. To me figures like Duku, Kit Fisto, or any of the Clone figs are done right and have me finally spending money on that line.

A 6 in scale would most likely send me packing again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:38 am 
shirtless hugger

I think ML Style SW figures would rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:25 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The big advantage of the 3 3/4" figures is that vehicles are so much easier to make for the toys. Imagine how big a Millenium Falcon would have to be to fit a 6" toy!?! I guess also that as these figures have been made since the 70's in this size, they are kind of married to it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:32 am 
Tis' but a pup

I wouldn't be interested. I think the 3 3/4" scale is just too ingrained into my being for me to change.

That and my Star Wars buying habits have changed- I rarely buy any of it now.

The one ML style 6" SW figure that might get me would be a great looking and articulated Clone. The problem here though is that I already have one that rocks in the smaller scale (the SA Clonetrooper) so even that might not be enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:39 am 
shirtless hugger

Presterjohn wrote:
The big advantage of the 3 3/4" figures is that vehicles are so much easier to make for the toys. Imagine how big a Millenium Falcon would have to be to fit a 6" toy!?! I guess also that as these figures have been made since the 70's in this size, they are kind of married to it now.

But there are playsets for 6" figures... Look at MOTU for example.

Then again its a cost thing... on top of all the licensing costs Star Wars has... it'll probably cost huge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:09 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I'd buy 'em!

Wave 1:

Tatooine Luke
Ben Kenobi
C-3P0 R2 2-pack
Han
Vader
Stormtrooper

Wave 2:
Boba Fett
ESB Han
Bespin Luke
Bossk
Hoth Trooper

Wave 3:
Chewie
Biker Scout
Jedi Luke
Slave Leia
Bib Fortuna
Skiff Guard Lando

Man, these would rule!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:19 pm 
MINT!

A new scale would be a great jumping off point for this collector.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 12" done a lot better, but I feel no reason to buy the 500 or so 3 3/4" figures I already have over again in a slightly different scale, regardless of the amount of articulation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:26 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

dependableskeleton wrote:
A new scale would be a great jumping off point for this collector.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 12" done a lot better, but I feel no reason to buy the 500 or so 3 3/4" figures I already have over again in a slightly different scale, regardless of the amount of articulation.

whats funny is you see things heading this direction anyway with Unleashed.I bought Chewbacca and then was like wtf am I doing??? So I stopped with him.Decent figs but no way in hell I'm buying the Star Wars universe all over again.

Although the Marvel Legends line is already starting to rival my 5" Marvel collection.Couple more years at this rate and all my 5 inchers will be replaced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:15 pm 
I just don't think I have the stamina to start another major Star Wars collection, but I'd buy major characters in 6" scale with good articulation. I don't need ML level articulation, but something along the lines of SOTA Tomb Raider 2 would be perfect.

I'd be in for something along the lines of Hasbro's Vintage OTC, with 12 major characters. Then I'd have to see how good they turned out.