Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:41 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Ran across something interesting. Yujin is doing a set of Disney good guys as bad guys for Halloween.

Tiny things at 4cm high. I find them a little lacking in the design department but someone may like em. You should be able to find some listed on ebay, since they were just released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:05 am 
proverbial old fart

I'd sure love to have one of those Daisy Duck as Maleificent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:08 am 
Glenn2000 wrote:
I'd sure love to have one of those Daisy Duck as Maleificent.

that is *EXACTLY* what i was gonna say!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:44 pm 
Resin

I like the Donald as Hades figure, it suits his temper!

My MC Tarzan arrived the other day and he looks great! Having to curb my spending for birthday then X-Mas presents now, but hopefully I can get a few more of the figures soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:54 pm 
did any of you splurge on any of the disneyland 50th anniversary merch?

i got the haunted mansion opera ghosts figure...i know its not a toy, but i figured its the closest i will get to a toy of the opera ghost, one of my favorite characters from disneyland!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:42 am 
proverbial old fart

I confess that I have a lame collection of Disney stuff. I picked up some of the Kingdom Hearts (is that right?) stuff. But other than that it's mostly odds and ends and usually McDonalds stuff (pardon me while I blush :oops: ).

I really love the Disney villians. Absolutely the best. Maleificent is my all time favorite, but Hades and Ursela (sp?) are a close 2nd & 3rd. Would love to see M square off against Dr. Strange or Dr. Fate some day...

So, after the rambling, where, besides eBay are good sources for Disney stuff - and don't say the theme parks because I not near any of them... :?

I've tried the Diseny Stores but they have limited merchandise.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:41 pm 

http://disneyshopping.go.com/?CMP=OTC-D ... QDN_RW_TXT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:47 am 
the disneyshopping.com stuff can be reeeeaaaalllly pricey & you may want to start with vinyl/pvc toys...

i would begin with DISNEY MAGICAL COLLECTION...they are really affordable & amazingly on-model...& there are so many characters to choose from!

ebay is still the best source in the us for these figs...i've read for a long time that they are *going* to be distributed here, but so far i've only found them in shops that specilaize in japanese toys (toytokyo, kidrobot, toycube, etc)

i've heard good things about MarkMark2's ebay store, he combines shipping & you can get a good deal!

the next step up is the disney medicom figures....some of these, you can order thru toytokyo or kidrobot but for the best deal, use yahoo japan auctions!

the drawback is...you have to know someone in japan who will bid on your behalf, because most of the sellers wont sell or ship overseas & you have to be able to read japanese to bid anyway...but, if you have a friend in japan, you can get some FANTASTIC bargains...& once you hold a disney medicom figure in your hand YOU WILL BE ADDICTED!!!! the mcdonalds toys will just look like deformed pieces of plastic!!!

i am interested in everyone elses thoughts on this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:27 pm 

There is some anime website somewhere that acts as a proxy for you on yahoo japan. I can't recall it now, but for a percentage of the cost they'll bid and ship you whatever auction goods you want to get.

Er, brain drain... can't remember....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:42 pm 
Dare wrote:
There is some anime website somewhere that acts as a proxy for you on yahoo japan. I can't recall it now, but for a percentage of the cost they'll bid and ship you whatever auction goods you want to get.

thats rinkya...but that can be pretty expensive, so i would ask for help from japanese friends first!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:13 pm 
today i recieved my birthday present from paintmonster, medicom's BELLE figure!
she is lovely, but even more beautiful are the photographs paintmonster took of the figure!

he also took these wonderful photos of medicom's JESSICA RABBIT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:52 pm 
Resin

Those look amazing! Who else do Medicom do?