Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:07 am 
serves the Otter

I was really planning on getting these after I saw the bridge and transporter. I looked to check for Galaxy figures as the playsets claimed the extra pieces were from there. None of the packs had any BAP pieces! I went home to check online, as the BAP pieces may be somewhere else, as in in another set of packs but it turns out that the figures here really might not EVER have em

According to the official site as posted by Garvy on PTK:
Additional bridge pieces will come with Galaxy Series figures* to build out the complete bridge playset. Collect them all to build it all. *Some international territiories may not include additional pieces with the Galaxy Series figures.

I am sooooo not buying any of this anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:25 pm 
Infinite Hero

Supermatt52 wrote:
I hadn't heard this rumor about the bridge set. Where did you hear this, beacuse I'll just pick up the transporter set and wait on the bridge one.

Action-Figure.com reported it here:

http://action-figure.com/index.php?name ... &sid=24538

Specifically:

[quote]Some unintentional variants will be popping up as running changes are made in the line. We mentioned this as the “Star Trek Curseâ€

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:37 pm 
Damage Control

I just picked up the 12 inch SPOCK and KIRK, not happy about missing the sale, but after seeing the movie and reading Mike's review, Im glad I took the time to get them. I heard there is another wave including NERO/SCOTTY (ARCTIC GEAR-makes no sense, shoulda been a red shirt)/UHURA /CHEKOV, I think there is one more, Ill check and update it.

As far as the figures go, look at the uniforms and the face paint applications. I found two decent ones pretty quickly. The phasers are pretty bulky but they fit in the holster fine. I might have to find a way to switch bodies with one of my GI JOES, but for now, its fine. They are pretty cool figures and the cloths are incredibly detailed. I wasnt really going to go for the 12" figures but after watching the movie, I just wanted some really good looking figures.

ORIGINAL SPOCK and BONES are next on the hit list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 pm 
Wonderdog

Any chance we might get a 3"3/4 version shuttlecraft? that would be a sweet vehicle!!!

Webslinger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 pm 
We're going streaking!

I love 12" collectible figures, but the head sculpts of the Trek figures are just too soft. Not to mention that the awful Kirk sculpt is just as awful at 12" as it is at 6" and 3-3/4". Here is hoping we get a Kirk with a new head sculpt , in his black costume, but I doubt it.

That said, Old Spock and McCoy's 12" figures look great, and if the whole crew was released in their Bridge uniforms (and Kirk had a better head sculpt), I would be sorely tempted to get these.

Instead, I took advantage of the TRU sale on the 3.75" figures to grab four more. I just need the McCoy and Chekov cadet uniform figures, which I may skip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:33 pm 
Damage Control

I wasnt thrilled with the KIRK 12 inch figure, but it looked a helluva lot better than the 3 3/4 or 6 inch one. The uniforms are what did it. Decent quality.

I hope they do at least Scotty in a red shirt. I will definately try and keep up with the other figures in this wave and the next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:49 pm 
5" Scale

Would the Bridge and Transporter playsets be compatible with JLU?

They look like they might be able to serve as Watchtower backdrops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:18 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Webslinger wrote:
Any chance we might get a 3"3/4 version shuttlecraft? that would be a sweet vehicle!!!

Webslinger

Man, I sure hope so! I used to have the shuttle Playmates made for the original series 5 inch line and it was my favorite. I really dig the new design of them from the movie and would really like one. I'm pretty surpised how much I love this line!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:43 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

At 3 3/4" scale the playsets would be a bit small but if they were to be used for background only than it should be ok. They will, however, work quite well with DCIH and MU figures

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:41 am 
Infinite Hero

TRDouble wrote:
I just need the McCoy and Chekov cadet uniform figures, which I may skip.

Those were the two I picked up during the TRU sale. They are the figures in the first series I was/am least enthused about so I figured might as well get them for cheap.

J

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:50 pm 
Damage Control

Im really shocked there isnt a vehicle--there is the KELVIN shuttle and then two different larger shuttles, the lines look pretty simple, I would think, no, I would hope that Playmates is looking into this.

My only desire now is to introduce PLAYMATES Inc to the SOUTH BEND ENTERPRISE TOY so that when they put out the USS KELVIN, we can make other ships like these....see links.

http://www.calormen.com/Star_Trek/SouthBend/index.htm

http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww20 ... fleet1.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww20 ... leet2a.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww20 ... fleet2.jpg
http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww20 ... fleet3.jpg

This would so totally rock if certain adjustments were made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:11 pm 
5" Scale

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
At 3 3/4" scale the playsets would be a bit small but if they were to be used for background only than it should be ok. They will, however, work quite well with DCIH and MU figures

Thanks for the input!

I noticed that Spidey fits perfectly into the chairs that come with the figures so I figured that the playsets would be MU compatible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:57 pm 
Damage Control

Very cool. I just saw a PLAYMATES STAR TREK commercial on CN during CLONE WARS decoded. Sweet. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 am 
5" Scale

On sale at Target this week -

Basic figures 6.29
6" figs 8.99
Bridge playset 19.99
Enterprise 22.99 (I think)
Transporter set 23.99

edit: So I picked up the Bridge playset and I'm glad I did because I can use a few of the components for JLU Watchtower backgrounds. Instead of using what Playmates provided for the main viewscreen, I can use one of Christophe's star patterns.

For the mat and the other components, I'll use them for other figure lines like GI Joe or Marvel Universe or Star Wars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:27 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

brand42 wrote:
On sale at Target this week -

Basic figures 6.29
6" figs 8.99
Bridge playset 19.99
Enterprise 22.99 (I think)
Transporter set 23.99

edit: So I picked up the Bridge playset and I'm glad I did because I can use a few of the components for JLU Watchtower backgrounds. Instead of using what Playmates provided for the main viewscreen, I can use one of Christophe's star patterns.

For the mat and the other components, I'll use them for other figure lines like GI Joe or Marvel Universe or Star Wars.
Thank you so much for letting me know about this sale. I picked up the Enterprise Bridge set. Haven't opened it yet but it looks neat.

"The early bird gets the worm" is great if you like to eat worms.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next