Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Open Letter to OMGCNFO.com...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:58 pm 
We're going streaking!

Apologies to the Julius Marx & Crew if this inappropriate. But, I am posting this to every board I regularly post on because I. Am. Fed. Up!

Well, since my numerous e-mails were never answered, and my four phone calls have produced absolutely nothing, and my patience has run thin, I guess it's time to go public...

I ordered two regular Uncle Deadly's on July 23, 2005. I waited patiently for the order to place, giving it time since I know OMG was overwhelmed with orders. On August 10, I receive Shipping Confirmation. The package arrived on August 17, 2005. Unfortunately, the package contained two Muppet Penguins, not my two Uncle Deadlys. I immediately sent an e-mail after midnight EDT, on August 18, 2005. No response. I re-sent the e-mail TWICE on August 23, 2005. No response. So I called the Sales line to explain my situation. I was told my name sounds familiar and they would get back to me... *click!* Literally, I was hung up on. So, I called back. This time I left them my wireless number, since it's with me 24/7. No calls. I call back. I am told that, yes, they are pretty sure my package was sent out via USPS. I ask what to do about the Penguins and I am told to keep them. Okay. I wait for over a week, still no Uncle Deadly. I call again this week, using the non-Toll Free number. I get what seems to be a more helpful person, but unfortunately he is the webmaster and is covering for the correct person! This is BEYOND ridiculous. I have tried to be patient, and for the most part, private, because I'd really like my Uncle Deadlys -- one for me, and one for a online friend. But I am fed up. I either want my figures or I want my money back. I'm not sure if it is too late -- and this could be what OMG was banking on all along -- but Monday morning, my Credit Card Company gets a call from me. That's step one. And if I can't get my money back that way, I guarantee step two will be a lot worse.

I implore Palisades Toys and any other toy company that deals with exclusives to withhold them from toy stores like OMGCNFO.com. Or at least do some investigating to see what you are REALLY dealing with here. Dealing with fraudulant retailers canNOT be good for a company.

Sincerely,

TRDouble
b/k/a
Theron Ross
Invoice : 2266405.78898699

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:12 pm 
5" Scale

sucks! i hope it gets fixed for ya. ive order from them before and didnt have any problems, but that was a while ago(think it was the blue Blanka). but good luck to ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:17 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

For what its worth, I had a TERRIBLE experience with them with the Street Fighter exclusive Blue Blanka. I ordered & paid for it back in mid-January, and I finally got it - in JULY!

It took 11 phone calls, 16 emails and 184 days to finally receive the figure!

And you would think after six months of the runaround, that they would attempt to make up for it but all I got was an apology email from Stephen *after* I finally went over his head and talked to his supervisor. Otherwise he blew me off every time I talked to him. Nice, huh?

:evil:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I never had a problem with them when I ordered the sweetums, and no problem with the penguins either.

I was billed for the uncle deadly and did not get it until three months later.
I had called because in the time I had ordered it and the time they had sent it, I had moved. I called them to get the address changed, and they said they fixed it, and of course when it shipped it went to the old address.

I was not the happiest with them but I did get all my stuff from them in very good condition.

It did take me 4 calls at different times of the day to get an actual person though.

And as much as it sucked to deal with a small volume store with high shipping costs, at least it enabled us to get these figures made.

Now with palisades using Diamond we will have to see if getting their exclusives will be better or worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:22 pm 
We're going streaking!

UPDATE: I sent another e-mail... yesterday? but I actually received a package from them today. Perhaps my last phone call actually worked, who knows. So, I open the package and finally, my Uncle Deadlys! Good, right? Well...

I pull out one Uncle Deadly... fine. I pull out the second Uncle Deadly? It's a Stepping Out Uncle Deadly. Of course, I ordered two REGULAR Uncle Deadlys *sigh* I just cannot win. Should I even bother contesting this mistake, or should I just be happy I finally got ANY Uncle Deadly figures? Unbelievable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:51 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

At least it wasn't the Flashback one...

I don't know about you theron, but I would certainly prefer a signature one if possible. No reason why the customer ought to pay for their mistakes.

I hope that they NEVER get another Muppet exclusive EVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:14 pm 
We're going streaking!

Dare wrote:
At least it wasn't the Flashback one...

I don't know about you theron, but I would certainly prefer a signature one if possible. No reason why the customer ought to pay for their mistakes.

I hope that they NEVER get another Muppet exclusive EVER.

I was going to write that; I would have really been peeved if it was a Flashback version! The Stepping Out version is sharp, and both my wife and I picked it over the regular version for looks (a few minor things are wrong about the regular versions, though the sculpts and figures really are fantastic), but I'll probably be doing yet another e-mail tomorrow. I won't expect a reply. I hope they never get *ANY* exclusives again. What a mess!