Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: advice and comments on ebay problem
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:53 pm 
Knows his stuff

Ok if you have seen my have want thread you know i have been looking for a red skull forever. Well on 8/24 after selling a bunch of my old toys i finally had enough in my paypal to bid, and be able to keep up with bidding on ebay for one. well i was winning this one up till the last 30 sec and lost it by like $3 and i was sooo mad. so i looked around and there was one for the same price and shipping as the other one and it was a buy it now and i said the hell with it and checked the guy's feedback. He had a 97 and no negs so i just bought it. now i asked him through ebay like 5 questions and got answers right back that night all with in 30 min. so i got my invoice and paid through paypal. the next day i was looking at my selling page and decided to look at my new red skull page again and i saw the guy was no longer a registered member. i freeked b/c after years of looking and $55 and countless hunts and gas tanks i just freeked. so i waited 5 days and nothing no email back to my email's and no way to get a hold of him. so i requested his info through Ebay and called the phone number only to get the message that the phone was disconnected so i was freeking more. so i tried to file with ebay that i did not get the toy or a responce and i had to wait till sept 4th and i filed through ebay and paypal. well paypal made me wait 10 more days so he had a chance to respond and nothing. so on the 14th i got my money back in my paypal completely. i started looking for another skull. well today i get home from work and sitting waiting at my door was a small box and inside was a red skull from the guy. i looked at the postage and saw he sent it on the 15th the day after i got my refund. now i emailed him and tried to call again to see what was up, and no responce and still no phone. so i called paypal and they said keep it and keep the money. but it feels a little wrong. so i now sit here looking at the skull wanting to open him but feeling like i should not till its all sorted. i mean im not sending him back no way even my wife who knows how long i have been looking and she has been looking she said thee is no *&^$ing way i will let you send it back. so now i wait to open now or after its resolved??? what do you all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:39 pm 
ABS

I believe that it's yours now and as long as you're not returning it and willing to pay the seller should he contact you then your okay......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:16 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

That's a tough one. Personally, I'd try to contact the guy again and give him the cash, but you can argue that he's had ample time to resolve the outstanding issues and reply to you, eBay and Paypal. I'd say keep it and enjoy it. Let us know how it turns out. :wink:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:54 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Well, you did get your stuff. Could be the guy's caught up with something, that's all. Keep trying to contact him, and keep your conscience clean. If he doesn't respond, send him what you owe him again through paypal (non auction good or something) and just leave it at that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:29 pm 
5" Scale

I say you email him about paying him back, if doesnt repsond in a week or 2. then keep the figure and your money. but i would at least try to pay for the item.

but im big on karma, the things you do in life come back around to you.

and the fact you are questioning it, makes me think you really want to try and pay for it.

but to each their own, its not for me to judge.

good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:02 pm 
Knows his stuff

hey well yeahi opened him and im still waiting to hear from him. i mean i would feel bad keeping him without paying but he may have sent it feeling bad about the whole thing and not want it. im gonna ride it out and see what happens and let you all know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:14 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I say keep it. You've already opened it already. Besides, you've been looking for years not to mention all that time and gas you put into finding it. It's kinda like you already paid for it already. And I think the money paypal refunds is not taken from the guy's account so it's actually ebay who is out. He still has the money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:21 am 
5" Scale

The Kid wrote:
I say keep it. You've already opened it already. Besides, you've been looking for years not to mention all that time and gas you put into finding it. It's kinda like you already paid for it already. And I think the money paypal refunds is not taken from the guy's account so it's actually ebay who is out. He still has the money.

no trust me, they go after the seller for the money. ebay/paypal will not eat the money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:30 am 
Tis' but a pup

Keep the figure and just keep trying to pay the guy back until he acknowledges you. Simple as that. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:38 am 
Dog Squeezer

the_killing_joke wrote:
Keep the figure and just keep trying to pay the guy back until he acknowledges you. Simple as that. :)

Indeed, the toy is yours no doubt.

The money is his, should he want it.

As long as you make reasonable efforts to pay him (which you have) and are willing to pay him if he should contact you, you are 100% fine and in the clear.

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:20 am 
proverbial old fart

I agree with everyone else. Keep the figure and try to contact the seller and settle with him. Maybe he's a victim of the hurricane or something. Of course, I tend to try and see the good in everyone.... :wink: