Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your White Whale
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:35 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Branson, Mo. has a pretty cool toy museum too. Lot more stuff than Ok., but not just action figures.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

else3573 wrote:

I so had this playset-- I beleive it was my favorite bath toy- I used to use it all the time-- (well that and the Noahs ark bathtub shooting gallery with the rubber dolphin squirter toy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:51 pm 
PVC

Right now my white whales are:
Vintage Star Wars: EV9D9 and Yakface

Super Powers: Estrella black Batman, El Captain Ray

Star Trek TNG (Galoob): White faced Data

Captain Power: Power Base playset

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:27 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I have one white whale (well a line of them)- I am searching for.

The Famosa Robin Hood Tin Set (and several of the other playsets)-- One popped up on ebay when I was first looking at this line- for 90.00 -- havent seen another one since (or many of the other figures as well)

I also have two I am looking for- my wife-- the European Shelly Club Jenny with a wagon -- one has shown up on ebay in 4 years of looking, once again before I new how hard it would be to find- went up to 100 bucks. .

THe other is Stitch on a Stool Disney Big Figure statue-- Ive never seen one on the american ebay- as it was a Japenese exclusive-- and the one I was trying to make a deal on with someone in Singapore fell through.

Well there is Gleek as well-- and hes the white whale because he was supposed to come free when I got the Twins as SDCC-- so Im trying to find him for that same price.. Free toys are always the white whale.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 am 
Wind him up, let him go

Good luck getting Gleek for free, since he's going for more then the Wonder Twins pack cost...:(

*Speaking of free toys, I couldn't make it to SDCC, so I pre-Ordered the Starro box set off someone on Ebay, then sold the Starro spore pack on ebay (since I didn't need it anyway). It basically got me the Starro pack for $40 instead of $50, so I was happy with that.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:18 pm 
AFA Graded

An-Gel Sakura wrote:
Now JLU RED TORNADO (show accurate colors) & ULTRAMAN are my new White Whales. :mrgreen:

My lucky streak continues, since I've been able to land both of those White Whales.
Ultraman arrived today and I have no white whale left.

I'm done. I have all of the BTAS/TNBA, TT GO, and JLU for now.
Can't wait for more to come out in November. :wink:

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:19 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Maybe not a white whale for some of you, but I just won an animated Alfred with tray and paid a lot less than I was planning on! Awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:28 pm 
Unbreakable

That Alfred was awesome. I feel left out because I don't have a white whale and probably never will.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 am 
Hat Pooper

kevfett wrote:
That Alfred was awesome. I feel left out because I don't have a white whale and probably never will.

I don't feel left out at all, I'm happy I don't have a white whale. I don't want one. I'm happy not being a completist, not having to worry about what I "need". I get what I want, when I see it. It's relatively rare that I'll ever go out of my way to look for something I don't have online. I either have it or I don't, it doesn't bother me either way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm 
PVC

I have 2 white whales now.

The 2008 SDCC Clear Man-Bat

and

The SDCC 30 inch Anti-Monitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:30 am 
Wonderdog

Just caught one of mine! I went to my local import (oxymoron? :lol: ) toy shop looking to score a deal at the tail end of one of their better sales, when I saw it. A Yamato Macross 1:48 Super VF-1J Valkyrie Hikaru! Yamato discontinued production of these several years ago and I hadn't seen one of these things in a long time. The one time I saw one of these locally, the shop was asking a pretty premium for it. And now here it was, all mint and brand new, at a price that was not that far from retail and still within my price range. Needless to say, I set aside my original target and sprang for this instead. So happy to cross this off the list! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:09 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Cephus wrote:
kevfett wrote:

I don't feel left out at all, I'm happy I don't have a white whale. I don't want one. I'm happy not being a completist, not having to worry about what I "need". I get what I want, when I see it. It's relatively rare that I'll ever go out of my way to look for something I don't have online. I either have it or I don't, it doesn't bother me either way.
I'm not a completist either, but having a large, varied wind up toy collection, I REALLY wanted the Durham spideys and hulks and the AD&D Cave Fisher, and since I collect Q Bert stuff, there's still a few things I really want (the plush Q Bert and the table top game for starts). Luckily, I've found MOST of my white whales on line.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:47 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

THIS:

http://www.rixrobots.com/SDBAND17.jpg

The only one that's keeping me from all the cast of the 'toon. There's not much of a market for these guys anymore so I don't know if I'll ever see it.

My previous white whale:

http://www.rixrobots.com/SDBAND10.jpg

I was able to nab that pretty cheap even though I've only ever seen it a couple of time for sale.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Finally got the Alfred / Clayface TNBA TRU Four-Pack off eBay. Paid a bit more than I wanted to for it (not to mention found a cheaper auction minutes after I comminitted to buy) but at last it will be mine.

For DCAU figures I still need Neon Camo Batman Beyond, Batman Beyond Blight and Batman Beyond J-Gang throw as well as JLU Superman Prime. I'm broke for the rest of the month though so it will be a couple of months before I can look for them.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 am 
Unbreakable

After thinking about it, I do have a white whale...or whales to be exact. That would be any of the GI Joe Combat Heroes that were produces but never released to the general public. This includes Stalker, Wild Bill (incomic accurate colors), Tomax and Xamot. I've seen pictures of stacks of them in their Walmart exclusive multipacks but they were canceled quite a while ago. I know they exist somewhere but they never show up on Ebay. Sometimes they surface on Taobao.

And now I can add Rockn'Roll and a Cobra Officer to the list as there is a bundle with them on Taobao right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next