Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: Your White Whale
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:04 am 
4" scale

There's a few things I can't afford but are pretty easy to find, like Super Powers Plastic Man and the DCD Glow in the Dark Swamp Thing both MOC, and there's a few things that wouldnt be that expensive, I'm just having some trouble tracking them down, like the Blammoids & DC Who's Who Plastic Man figures, and then there's things I wish I had but refuse to pay the going rate for, like the Kirby New Gods Metron, Batman Legacy Wayne & Gordon, the Brave & the Bold Stretchy Plastic Man/Batman/Rubberneck set and the Will Magnus/Platinum heroclix figure, but as far as true White Whales go, there's only one thing on my list that is impossible to find, way too expensive, and worth current market value to me and that is the Mego Elastic Plastic Man figure from back in the day.

Well, there WAS only that one; however, I have recently found out that DCD released a Metal Men pvc set a while back, so now thats on my list, too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

shishalzafrazz wrote:
there's only one thing on my list that is impossible to find, way too expensive, and worth current market value to me and that is the Mego Elastic Plastic Man figure from back in the day.

OMG, yeah, I'd love to even just see one of those! Definitely qualifies as a white whale. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that other stuff, Rev. I saw a Metron the other day for a good price...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:18 am 
4" scale

Around here? Thanks, that'd be awesome. They're not that much on ebay, like between $3-6, but then there's always like $17 shipping on top of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:19 am 
4" scale

Oh, hey, wow. I just noticed my avatar handle or whatever. "Damage Control". I like that. How do I keep it that way?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm 
MINT!

My white whales are the Ninja Turtles Movie Star Figures. I only own two of them and they are both loose and missing everything but their limbs. Any more complete ones are usually too expensive, I get outbid, or someone has gotten to my usual shop first and secured them as their own.

Recently I went into my usual shop (Larger than Life Comics and Toys in Clay, NY) and they had an MOC Movie Star Mikey. I didn't ask any questions, just went up and said "I'll take it". He looked at me, shook his head and replied with "Sorry, man. The guy in line behind you already put a down payment on it and I believe he is here to get it".

Heartbroken. :?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:27 pm 
Wind him up, let him go

Just going back through this old thread, I hope everyone has managed to score the white whales they had listed, of course, I'm pretty sure everyone or almost everyone in here has a new white whale to take the found whales place. :wink:

I have picked up every white whale I listed in this thread, so I figured I'd add a few more:

AD&D Tiamat (for a fair price, not broken, loose. I don't need a boxed one for $800+

AD&D Hawkler, Deeth, Mettaflame and SS Ogre King, for reasonable prices. People are getting a little crazy now on ebay with these lately.

Qbert-I've recently found out they made a Q Bert BIG WHEEL!! I would love to have it, even though I have no clue where I would put it...(and I saw a Q Bert sleeping bag)

I also still need a carded Durham Hulk swimmer and a carded Blue pacman ghost.

AD&D wants-Mettaflame, Hawkler, Ogre King SS, Tiamat and Book of Spells accessory

Madballs Headpopper wants-Oculous Orb and Dustbrain

M.U.S.C.L.E figures

Have to trade=$.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 am 
5th Horseman

My White Whales have changed, they changed with my focus.

1) Classic He-Man figures (The Matty ones) - I want the ones from 2008 upto present, they aren't hard to come by it's just getting them for a decent price.

2) I would say finishing my LJN AD&D figures, This will include the Tiamat and Fortress of Fang (But not the Bendies or the Wind-Ups).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Well I don't know if I've been doing this long enough to say I have a white whale, but I can name a few pieces off the top of my head that have eluded me simply because they are high priced and I haven't felt like shelling out the dough for them yet.
MU Vision,
MU Ms. Marvel(have both red versions already)
DCUC Solomon Grundy BAF wave
DCD Blackest Night Kryb
Marvel Legends Wave 2 Future Foundation Spider-man

I'm sure I could think of a few others but thats enough to make me sad for now :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

My white whales are The O.C Atomic County maquettes from comic-con 2006. I'd give anything to have those beauties!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15