Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How much ya got...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:41 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well I started thinking about something and got curious-- how many figures did I have? And If my wife is reading this - someone must have stole my ID..

Here were the quick and dirty numbers-- I probably missed a few and once Im done setting up my room, I might do a complete and total inventory, but heres what I got.. I left out things like happy meal toys, PVCs and Star Wars RPG miniatures and other things like that - generally if there was zero articulation I didnt count them, unless they were really set up as figure lines.. But I was a bit surprised by the total.
Some of these were grouped, and its a little difficult to count distinctly so they arent exact from each toy line (Like Brave and the Bold consists of the regular figures and the new Superfriends ones that are a little smaller) but pretty close.

JLU 194
THE Batman 28
BTAS/STAS 64
Marvel Univ 129
DCIH 86
Indy 18
Asst 3-3/4 17
Galactic Heroes 321
Mixed Hero Scale 74
Imaginext 11
Brave & Bold 26
Teen Titans 18
Superfriends 7
Disney 26
Mighty Muggs 38
Super Deformed 11
SuperHeroSquad 216
Robot Heroes 53
Combat Heroes 38
Adventure Heroes 27
Action League 40
Kubrick/Mates 120
Star Wars 1742
Lego 78
Attacktix 119
Mini Unleashed 202
Bear Bricks 16
Cartoon SW 64
Simpsons 95
Muppets 55
Battle Beasts 54
Asst all scale 233
TMNT 59
Jedi Force 23
Rhinos (all lines) 54
Marvel 6" 80
He Man 19
DC 6" 136
Gargoyles 20
Ben 10 25
GI Joe 207

Total 4843

Im sure if I did a closer count- I would probably break the 5000 barrier

I have to say I was a little shocked...

Post subject: Re: How much ya got...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:06 pm 
Aspires to be #1

How did you count 1700 Star Wars figures and how long did that take?

I only collect JLU and DCUC so I doubt I'm cracking 500.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:49 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How long have you been collecting Star Wars??? I probably would've dozed off a couple times counting all of those. I'll have to update my database with all the new stuff I've acquired over the last couple months. I've just been too lazy to input it. But I'm sure, I'm still just shy of 1000 figures between the 11 different lines I collect. There may be guys here with more than you Stew, but that's awfully damn impressive.

Kudos.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:46 am 
Aspires to be #1

alcinde4 wrote:

How long have you been collecting Star Wars??? I probably would've dozed off a couple times counting all of those. I'll have to update my database with all the new stuff I've acquired over the last couple months. I've just been too lazy to input it. But I'm sure, I'm still just shy of 1000 figures between the 11 different lines I collect. There may be guys here with more than you Stew, but that's awfully damn impressive.

Kudos.

We've had a similar thread like this before. There are guys here who have more figures in one line than he has all together.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

j1h15233 wrote:
alcinde4 wrote:
Kudos.

We've had a similar thread like this before. There are guys here who have more figures in one line than he has all together.

I was looking for that thread last night- and couldnt find it anywhere...

And actually it took me about 2 hours last night (helps that I did inventory in college)-- to count everything-- and star wars was actually the easiest-- since I use the figure stands they are pretty much neat and orderly in exact rows...(except for the big bin of clones)

Ive been collecting star wars since 1979 (when I was four)-- however what makes this number even more depressing- is that this is my downsized collection -in the past 2 years I have sold my entire vintage SW collection, not to mention about 400 doubles or same character SW figures, and I also let go of around 300 Clones, about 100 Joes,Probably 150 Superhero squad and Galacric heroes, Marvel Legends and DCUC (about 100 Figs)and well over 300 TOY BIZ Figures. And I probably have about another 250 figures Im starting to put up on ebay next month

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

To be honest, I'm kinda scared to find out.

My conservative estimate is 1500, mostly Star Wars, Marvel lines, DCUC, and Beast Wars Transformers. I have much smaller numbers of SOTA Street Figher, GI JOE, and Classic version Transformers.

Other than army builder types, I never saw the point in buying more than one of any given action figure. So I have six MU Guardsmen, but only one MU Silver Sphinx armor, for example.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:06 pm 
Hat Pooper

To be honest, I haven't a clue, really. I'm wildly estimating somewhere around 2000 but that could be way off. I store all of my figures and while I can take an average and multiply by containers, I have boxes of figures off-site, so does my wife, plus I have at least 20 containers I haven't even re-inventoried into my newest visual database. One day, I'll have to go through it all, but the last time I did, with just 8 containers, it took more than a week to bring in, catalog, re-organize, shoot photos, repack and upload all the new information. I just don't have the time to do it, especially since I estimate it would take nearly 3 weeks to do the rest of the collection, not to mention all of the figures I still have go pick up from elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm 
5" Scale

Don't have an accurate count, but about a quarter of one side of my house off the top of my head.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:24 pm 
Cold-cast

Wow, I'm in awe of you Stewbacca. Awesome work man.

Cephus you too, good work buddy. I'd have to say Cephus' collection is my favorite out of everyone's just because he doesn't open anything and archives it in boxes. I don't open anything either.