Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Futurama Figures
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:19 am 
Collector Inspector

Looks like BBTS is expecting more Destructors in april (with a slight price increase).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:06 pm 
Displays Backwards

$65 still isn't bad. They're going for $150 on eBay.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I'm trying to remember if their preorders go, do they charge immediately or wait until the product comes in? I've got those big people bills and a con this weekend. So I don't want to tie up my money unnecessarily :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:32 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

The_Donster wrote:
I'm trying to remember if their preorders go, do they charge immediately or wait until the product comes in? I've got those big people bills and a con this weekend. So I don't want to tie up my money unnecessarily :lol:

They use to charge when the item comes in and they have it in hand. Not sure what they do now?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:11 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I have items preordered with them currently and they charge once they receive the item

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:16 pm 

Thanks gang, that's what I thought. Appreciate the assist. I'll put in my preorder tomorrow when things calm down.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm 

Has anyone heard if they are doing a individual re-release of the Robot Devil or Zoidberg? Hardly see any news on this line for whatever reason until it is too late :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Good news everyone! Well sort of, maybe, hopefully, we'll see.

First a build-a-figure, then a regular Series 10 figure, then a Deluxe figure, then a Vinyl figure, then a cancelled figure...and now a Kickstarter crowdfunded figure?

Yes, it seems you can't keep a good alien down, or even Morbo the Annihilator.

Against all odds, Toynami's Morbo prototype resurfaced at SDCC 2013, with the announcement of a Kickstarter campaign coming in August.

If you love Futurama, this toyline or Morbo, come discuss this with us over at Peelified, where we're not too humble to take credit for first whispering the Kickstarter idea into the ear of our mole at Toynami.

Let's make this Kickstarter a success! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 am 
Displays Backwards

Kickstarter seems to be the new trend for selling toys to adult collectors. I hope Toynami is successful. There are quite a few Futurama figures that could still be made.

It looks like Toynami has a new set of Tineez figures coming, too, as well a Hypnotoad. I picked up the new Destructor/Gender Bender set while I was at SDCC. It's very big!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:49 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

GregNYC wrote:
Kickstarter seems to be the new trend for selling toys to adult collectors. I hope Toynami is successful. There are quite a few Futurama figures that could still be made.

It looks like Toynami has a new set of Tineez figures coming, too, as well a Hypnotoad. I picked up the new Destructor/Gender Bender set while I was at SDCC. It's very big!

It's dangerous to get too excited about Toynami and Futurama, as they've been sitting on a bunch of great prototypes for really two years now and basically announced a month or two ago that the main figure line was dead.

That said, they seem to have had second thoughts (or more like fifth or sixth thoughts by now!) and are making a big push to get stuff out. Can't wait to get my hands on Destructor/Bender, and figures crossed on Morbo. He's great, and even better maybe is their Lrrr prototype who I'd think/hope would be next if the Kickstarter is a success.

Oh, and if we're talking "big", Toynami's 24" tall Shogun warrior is coming - and preorders only took a few hours to sell out here:

Shogun Warrior 24" Bender LE500
By Toynami

Estimated to Arrive
4th Quarter 2013
Our Price: $149.99

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:11 am 

Just a heads up for those of us that collect this line. BBTS and Toynk have the Destructor vs Gender Bender for $85($originally $70) + shipping. Rounds out to just shy of $100, but when you factor in plane ticket, hotel accommodations and standing in line it is well worth the extra money to add to your collection. Really wish they'd get around to finishing off the rest of the alternate universe characters. Wouldn't mind a boxed set that included a golden Bender(although I have a nice custom of him. Anyway, knew I wasn't the only Futurama fan and thought I'd pass it on.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:57 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Anybody else bummed that the show is ending?
I wonder if SciFi (excuse me, SyFy :roll: ) would be willing to pick it up. Or the Nerdist? Or FX? Or Adult Swim?

I really don't want it to end while crap like Bob's Burgers and endless Family Guy clones march on. :cry:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:16 pm 

Honestly, I could see Netflix picking this up. They are slowly becoming a network(although a streaming one) with their original programming.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:49 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Is there a visual checklist of these somewhere? I'm just curious what figures exist.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am 

Sure is, here you go. Found this list to be a bit more up to day than Toynami's website. Kind of wish I could find Zoidberg and Fry without having to pay through the nose for. I'd like to finish up my Robot Devil.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next