Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: THE PLAYSET THREAD
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:11 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Finally completed the Enterprise NX-01 released bridge components... They never did release the 4th part.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:49 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Nice. I got everything there was for the movie bridge for the 1/18 scale figures. 3 of the pieces filled in for missing pieces so the front half is complete. I think this is a great idea for playsets but I have yet to see anybody pull it off. The rest of this was supposed to be in the second wave figures that were never released, and I have yet to get the pieces from the stealth figures for the Hall of Justice from Mattel. I never saw those on the pegs at all.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 pm 

The only difference with the NX01 Bridge was they told you upfront Merryweather was not being made... he was suppose to be a con exclusive at some point but I believe Art Asylum dropped the line or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:30 pm 
Cold-cast

LordMudd wrote:
Nice. I got everything there was for the movie bridge for the 1/18 scale figures. 3 of the pieces filled in for missing pieces so the front half is complete. I think this is a great idea for playsets but I have yet to see anybody pull it off. The rest of this was supposed to be in the second wave figures that were never released, and I have yet to get the pieces from the stealth figures for the Hall of Justice from Mattel. I never saw those on the pegs at all.

CCC.

I'm all for that if they could finish it in one wave. Or wait until a line catches on like MU.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:35 pm 

That would be awesome! Like an MU collect and connect Danger Room!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:52 pm 

Or an Iron Man Hall of Armor. As big as Avengers is right now you would think they could come up with something Avenger's Mansion-like. Maybe interlocking flat wall panels, the meeting table,...

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:19 am 

I now have an X-Men Danger Room display!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:10 pm 

This is a display from SDCC. I got the pic from the GL thread. It is such a cool looking playset I thought it should be here too.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:21 pm 

I'm looking forward to this one!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am 

So I am om Ebay right now and I have seen 2 Pigs in Space playsets so far. One is $50 with other figures and the other is $25 MiB. Not my thing but I thought someone here might be interested.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:30 am 

That play set rocks! I use it with my Revenge of the Cybermen... Cybermen...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 pm 

I was at GIANT $ and saw a palace facade playset on a blister. It had big gothic arch doors so I went to the school aisle for a ruler and measured the height. 3 1/2 inches, a half inch too short for 1/18 scale figures. Bummer. :(

CCC

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:20 pm 

Here are some new castle flats I just created, hopefully for my Universal Monsters.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 am 

I cannot believe that this thread has gone on for 23 pages without me talking about this!
"BUCK ROGERS COMBAT GAME"
I just found a page from Hake's Americana & Collectibles with this item for Price: $4,600.00 (Includes 15% Buyer's Premium)!
This is my holy grail.

Quote:
Item Description

11x14x.75" deep box contains complete and unused set from 1937. A "Built-Rite Toy" set No. 110 by Warren Paper Products Co. Box lid features great image of two boys playing with the assembled set. Box bottom serves as base when assembled and includes artwork w/punch out tabs, all still intact. Lid has edge wear with two corner splits and .75 edge split with tape repair on inside. Additional wear at lower left of lid including a 1" tear but only noticeable when viewed closely and .75" sliver missing from side panel edge. Appearance still bright, glossy and w/vibrant color. Fine. The set consists of 10 different cardboard punchout sheets in different sizes but mostly 9.5x12.5". Parts are colorful and assemble to form a rocket ship control base building, three different rocket ships, force ray, disintegrator, paralysis ray, two rubber band firing space guns. There is also a sheet of 11 different character figures including Buck, Wilma, Dr. Huer, Mekkano Man and others. Guns were used to fire rubber bands at the figures. Glassine envelope of original hardened rubber bands remains. Final item is 10x14" two sided catalog/instruction sheet. One side shows the assembled set in full color, other side is bw instructions. Top margin wear including creases and 1" tape repair to tear. Punchout sheets have some wear to margins/borders and scattered loose perforations but all remains unused. All parts remain Exc./NM. One of the most incredible Buck Rogers items in terms of design and rarity, further enhanced by the unused condition of the contents. One of just three known in this unused condition and only a handful of examples in any condition exist.

The good news. They included scans of all of the pages! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:09 am 

Found this in a Google search. Now I really need to find one.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 32  Next