Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Super7 Thundercats? (Nope... :( )
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:47 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Haven't seen anything official posted (hopefully before the show is over) but I did read one piece that said someone had asked Bryan Flynn about the status of the Thundercats license and he said that the talks were going well and they *should* have something to announce at SDCC. So... fingers crossed!

Post subject: Re: Super7 Thundercats?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:19 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

If you haven't seen the news on the front page, Thundercats are a no for Super7... (Thundercats section starts around the 3:25 mark)

From the response Flynn got from WB he believes that WB is doing something with the property and that one of the big companies has the license (would really be ironic if it were back at Mattel...)

Post subject: Re: Super7 Thundercats? (Nope... :( )
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:26 am 
Excelsior!

It's for the best for me. I wouldn't have been able to afford it. This DOES mean I will probably bother to track down the rest of the Mattel figures I missed the first time out.

Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Nothing on display, maybe one of the toy press got something in an interview... Guess SDCC will be the next chance we have at hearing something. Of course they may be delaying an announcement until they get MOTUC running on a regular schedule. Hopefully the Funko retro-Thundercats don't interfere will Super7 doing something...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:07 am 
Excelsior!

What Funko retro ThunderCats? Linky?

Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:19 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Info posted here https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=274&itemid=30620

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:32 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Fone Bone wrote:
What Funko retro ThunderCats? Linky?

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/17/toy-f ... ror-287094

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 am 
Excelsior!

Mine. Any idea on a price?

Edit: Honestly? I like these better than the idea of Super7 doing $30 figures. Funko is usually affordable. Plus, they look great and like the ThunderCats figures I grew up with.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Fone Bone wrote:
Mine. Any idea on a price?

Edit: Honestly? I like these better than the idea of Super7 doing $30 figures. Funko is usually affordable. Plus, they look great and like the ThunderCats figures I grew up with.

Probably $15, that's what BBTS is charging for the Son of Zor and Mortal Kombat figures in this style.

As for Super7, it'll probably be $40 a figure if they get the license... That's what the MOTUC figures are at now.

(...and, nope... they don't look like the Thundercats figures you grew up with... Funko's look 100% better than LJN's!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am 
Excelsior!

Jim_Abell wrote:
Probably $15, that's what BBTS is charging for the Son of Zor and Mortal Kombat figures in this style.
I can afford that.
Quote:

As for Super7, it'll probably be $40 a figure if they get the license... That's what the MOTUC figures are at now.
Then I hope they don't get the license.
Quote:

(...and, nope... they don't look like the Thundercats figures you grew up with... Funko's look 100% better than LJN's!)
Awesome!