Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Looks Like Jakks Has the Pirates 4 License
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 am 
ABS

Saw the flick on Saturday at IMAX, easily my favorite since the first and highly entertaining!

Still no Wave 2 yet. :(

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 am 
Hat Pooper

I only found wave two once, at a distant Walmart, and never again. I got everything except the new Captain Jack, which they didn't have. I went out of town over the weekend, stopped at easily a dozen or more Walmarts/Targets/TRUs on the way there and back and none of them had the second wave.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 4:55 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello, I'm new here and just wanted to pop into this thread (my first post) and talk a little bit about the new POTC: OST figures by Jakks since POTC figures is one of my biggest action figure favorites and I feel there is lots to talk about....

First off, the 4 inch line is the line I collect and so far I'm pretty happy with how the figures look but I wish they were given nicer packaging, there is nothing that really "pops" from the card and the POTC logo is tiny and located on the near bottom of the bubble and is almost easy to miss. I much preferred the Zizzle packaging of AWE and DMC where the cards seemed to have some flair to them, AWE's cards were red with a nice big logo on the front and DMC's had the logo prominantly displayed with edges to the card that looked like a treasure map. They were really nice. The Jakks line are on cards that are MUCH smaller and aside from the small picture at the top left hand corner of the card and the tiny logo at the bottom they are kind of generic, but at least the figures themselves look pretty nice, the Barbossa from this line looks 10000X more like Barbossa than his Zizzle counterpart. My only complaint is the same as many others, the clothing is a little too clean and they don't have the cool dirty look with the wear and tear to them like the Zizzle figures did.

I also feel Jakks could have launched these better, I live near a major city and no Wal-Mart's in my area carried these up until a week before the movie was released and my K-Mart's and Target's still dont have these figures. I thought these toys would be everywhere because of the way Jakks handled their WWE line of toys which flooded stores all over the country, so I was disappointed a bit in that. I'm also not seeing any 4 inch series 3 figures in any Wal-Mart's or TRU's yet, meanwhile on the web I'm reading that they are out and readily available, this is a debbie downer since I really want to get my hands on them. I hope later series don't turn out like the Zizzle figures where they become super rare with some figures going for close to $100 online (Beckett).

Latest Blog 6/5/11 - Cavendar: Plight of the Warrior episode #5 is now up!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 5:37 pm 
shirtless hugger

manga4life wrote:
I'm also not seeing any 4 inch series 3 figures in any Wal-Mart's or TRU's yet, meanwhile on the web I'm reading that they are out and readily available, this is a debbie downer since I really want to get my hands on them.)

I just found Wave 2 today at Wal-Mart. I haven't heard of any sightings of Wave 3 anywhere. We can just hope for the best and hope we get all the figs they have announced but with toylines these days, especially movie lines, ya just never know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am 
ABS

Found Wave 2 this past weekend at Wal-Mart, picked up Jack, definitely an improvement over the Wave 1 figure.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am 
Infinite Hero

Glad you made it over here from the Keep to the Code forum. Welcome!

manga4life wrote:
I'm also not seeing any 4 inch series 3 figures in any Wal-Mart's or TRU's yet, meanwhile on the web I'm reading that they are out and readily available

Did you mean Series 3, or did you mean Series 2? As far as I know Series 3 has not hit yet (but should start showing up this month, I believe). Series 2 has only been spotted at Walmart thus far as TRU and Target (and Meijer for you mid-westerners) has only just recently received Series 1.

If you did mean to say Series 3, where have you read they're out?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 am 
shirtless hugger

Does anybody know why the Wave 1 singles at Target are a "Target exclusive?" Is the difference they have red lights instead of blue? Is there anything different about the actual figures or just the light color? I couldn't figure this out.

And it's weak that Jack shows a whole bunch of light-up parts on the packaging, but it's only his face and boots on the actual figure. I thought mine was defective at first. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Sorry guys, I meant to type series 2 instead of series 3, but I've still yet to see the 2nd wave in stores but I plan on making some rounds this Saturday and Sunday while doing some food shopping among other things. I'm really hoping I come across series 2 during my travels....

Question: Which figure would be considered the most rare from wave 1? I'm thinking it's most likely Angelica since I've only seen her once (the time I bought her).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:41 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

manga4life wrote:
Sorry guys, I meant to type series 2 instead of series 3, but I've still yet to see the 2nd wave in stores but I plan on making some rounds this Saturday and Sunday while doing some food shopping among other things. I'm really hoping I come across series 2 during my travels....

Question: Which figure would be considered the most rare from wave 1? I'm thinking it's most likely Angelica since I've only seen her once (the time I bought her).

If you are a carded collector maybe-- although she has been/ and is still readily avaialble at almost every store I go into... (but since she was in the TRU 3 pack and the Target 5 pack)- I wouldnt say so--I think all of the series one figs have been avaialble in multiple formats- either through multipacks or the deluxe sets..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 am 
Infinite Hero

new pics on the main page, mates!

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... from-jakks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 am 
shirtless hugger

Jeff Cope wrote:

Here's what I think of them

Barbossa - okay, he looks very cool, except for the peg leg! I was hoping for a classic version of him, but instead it's mostly classic with the peg leg. I guess it's how he looked at the end of the film.

Jack - looks like the Series 1 figure. I thought this was going to be a Classic Jack fig?

Cook - okay, good to finally figure out who this guy is. Not really sure why they made him, though. A Captain Teague (Keith Richards) figure would have been great. Cook - well, at least it's another guy to put on the ship.

Phillip - this is from the Deluxe Wave 2 I believe, with the mermaid tank. Looks cool, we just need Syrena now.

Quartermaster - looks very cool, very thick. Is this the 4 inch or 6 inch fig?

Spaniard - looks very nice

QAR Zombie - is this guy 6 inch or 4 inch? It's labeled 6 inch. He is the other zombie I wanted. If this is 4 inch, then great.

I think the 4 inch figs just are a lot more fun than the bigger figs. Thanks for the pics/info.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

You really need to play the LEGO POTC game-- that alone made me learn more characters names than I ever knew before....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:50 pm 
Infinite Hero

BCYa wrote:
QAR Zombie - is this guy 6 inch or 4 inch? It's labeled 6 inch. He is the other zombie I wanted. If this is 4 inch, then great.

Yeah, it came from Jakks labeled as a 6 incher, but looking at the figure it sure looks like one of the 4" figures when you look at the articulation.

Then again, there's 7 4" figures (6 if the QAR Zombie is, indeed, a 6 incher) and each basic wave is 5 figures. So, I'm not exactly sure.

But, wow, based on the 6" Davy Jones I cannot wait for the 4" Jones in Series 4!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:04 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'll be all over the 4 inch figures once they get released and I may even dive into the entire 6 inch line of figures if they continue to release figures based on previous films, that Davy looks too good to pass up. I kind of promised myself I wouldn't go for the 6 inch figures and that I would stick to the 4 inch line since I've collected the 4 inch figures all along as well as Star Wars 4 inch figures, usually more product gets released under the 4 inch line anyhow and it gives me more product to buy. Still, if they keep releasing 6 inch figures based on the previous films then I'll be all over them like white on rice!

Imagine if they thought outside of the box with the 4 inch line, I'd love to see a Captain Teague as well as some of the other captains from the brethren court, I'd even love to see Jakks go deeper with even more onscure characters like the Star Wars line of toys usually do. I fear that nobody would buy them though and that the line would be dead in the water in no time, that in itself could/would cause these figures to become rare due to poor distribution and then they would end up on eBay for $100 like the Beckett figure does.

PS: At least one of the zombies are 4 inch figures as clearly noted in the article. There may be 6 inch versions coming, but the ones shown are indeed 4 inch.

Quote:
For the 4" line we have pictures of Captain Barbossa, Jack Sparrow, QAR Cook, Philip, the Quartermaster, the Spaniard and a QAR Zombie.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 am 
ABS

Anyone know if anything beyond series 2 of the basic figures has seen release?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next