Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:53 pm 
Actively Collect:

DC Direct: I pick and choose. Mostly MA with very few exceptions. Recently, I've been really happy with Kilowog, some of the Ross Justice figures, Power Girl, Mongul, OMAC, Deathstroke, Red Son Elseworlds figs, Knightfall Catwoman (I didn't have a Catwoman), the Hush figures, among others.

Marvel Legends
: I pick up a majority of these, but stay away from X-related characters for the most part. My main focus is Avengers and Villains. Working on getting ML 15 and Face-Off Baron Strucker. MODOK looks awesome in all the solicitation images. Also looking forward to the new Face-Offs esp. the Iron Man and War Machine packs--when I get them, anyone want 2 Mandarins? ;)

MotU Stactions
: Love them, love them, love them. Passed on Stinkor and I've regreted it ever since. Have 2 each of the Evil-Lyn and Sorceress repaints so I have a spare just in case something happens to the ones I've already opened.

DCSH: Finally got Darkseid (not the best paint job in the world, but it is all I've found so far). Still need Azrael and maybe a Luthor. Passed on many, many Braniacs. Just picked up a Barbara Gordon Batgirl.

JLU: Missed out on a bunch of the target exclsuives from last year, and I'm on the fence about picking up the new 6-pack. But I have a fair number of older releases, but I'm by no means a completionist. Need an Ultrahumanite real bad. I have 2 Grundys that a friend got for me at Chicago WW...one is completely unopened and looks like it might be a variant by the product code. I sadly just haven't had the time to open it up and find out. Also still need: Huntress, Shayera (jumpsuit), Black Canary, and the new ones (Etrigan, etc).

Spider-Man
: Sadly, I do not own a single Spider-Man. Any suggestions as to which one is the Iconic version? I generally go for the villains. Currently on the hunt for an Electro.

Fantastic Four Classics
: I NEED Kang and Dragon-Man like everyone else. Non-clear Invisible Woman is also a priority. I have 3 regular skrulls, at least one of which is for trade if someone can help me out....

Heroclix: Less so than in the past, simply because I rarely get to play anymore since I'm travelling for work more than 60% of the time. The new set with the Zombies and the mail away Doom has me roped back in...although, pulling a Super-Skrull at the pre-release (one of my few Unique wants along with Machine Man), and missing the marquee (and my chance at the Thor LE and pog) has lessened my desire to buy a case...especially since there is only ~50% chance of getting a zombie. Colonel America, why are you so hard to find?

Occasionally collect:

Hellboy Comic: Want Kriegaffe so bad it hurts. Help a dude out?

Ummm....looks like I'm kinda hardcore. At least I only pick up less than half of what DC Direct puts out in 6". Although that will start to change with JSA and the Benes JLA figures....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:04 pm 
proverbial old fart

This was an interesting and informative read.

My collecting consists of the following:

DCD - Originally I bought damned near everything they shoved out the door, but since the Batman and Superman license returned to them I usually pass on this line. I did pick up the SA Superman run with Perry White, Jimmy Olsen, etc. Had to get that Super Monkey for my Legion of Super Pets! Will be picking up the JSA set when it comes out.

Mattel - All the JL/JLU all the time! Love this line. Also picking up the Superman & Batman figures. Looking for that Barbara-Batgirl-Gordon!

ToyBiz - Love the Marvel Legends line! Picking up the villians from the Spiderman line. Am trying to get the Fantastic Four line, but so far have only found the 1st series.

Heroclix - I pick up singles from a couple of comic shops and game shops for figures I like.

Corgi Batmobiles - This is a fantastic line and I enjoy the hunt for the new cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Just JLU and DCSH. I'm thinking of possibly getting into The Batman figures and perhaps some Marvel Legends to go with my DCSH, but I only like a couple of Marvel characters. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:40 am 
Tis' but a pup

My collecting habits are anything Batman. I've got a whole room of my house devoted to my collection, and although space has become an issue, I still buy anything Batman.

As for action figure lines and the such, this is it so far:

JLU: This is the second coming of Super Powers in my eyes! Not keen on variants if they're not integral to the show, but I do try and get every single original figure.

DC Superheroes: For a brief time I collected Marvel Legends, and from time to time would find myself hoping that DC characters would someday get the same treatment. Now they have, and I couldn't be happier. (Although I wish Mattel could get the rights to the entire DCU. :cry: )

Corgi Batmobiles: I've been collecting this line since the beginning, and with the exception of 4 more vehicles, I'll have this line complete.

The Batman: I just love the character designs for this show, even though the program itself sometimes lets me down. I started collecting this series MOC, but eventually started buying doubles to open.

DC Direct: I'm a huge Jim Lee & Alex Ross fan, so their respective lines are my must buys. I've pretty much got most of the Hush line with the exception of Supes, Scarecrow, and Jason Todd (which I ordered, but sadly never came. :evil: ) The KC figs, I only have bought the batrelated ones, same with the Justice line. At $15 or more for each figure, I have to be choosey.

Heroclix: I started out strong with these, but overtime have slowed down to a crawl. Of course I only bought the DC series, but due to space issues only display the Batman related ones. The rest stay boxed up.

Super Powers: I've got about 8 figures loose, 3 MOC, and a MIB Batmobile. I've been meaning to add to these for some time, but budget constraints have forced me to stay away. Maybe somewhere down the road.....

BTAS/TNBA: I have so many of these figures MOC, but overtime decided to buy lots off of Ebay loose to display. There are still quite a few I need to get though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:52 am 
serves the Otter

LEGO: Batman, Star Wars, Harry Potter, and City sets that I like.

JLU: Everything

Star Wars: Pick and choose OT stuff; I'm really liking the Galactic Heroes

Battlestar Galactica Titanium: Everything

I'm looking forward to the NECA Harry Potter line--I'd get everything they make if it's good stuff.

And I'm still debating DCSH--If I do get onboard with that, I'll be picking and choosing. I can't see myself getting everything (like Azrael) but how can I possibly keep passing up Darkseid, Luthor, and Brainiac?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:08 pm 
Prototype

I don't collect Marvel, just DC. I collect:

B:TAS/TNBA
JL/JLU
The Batman
DC Superheroes
Super Powers
Total Justice/JLA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:11 pm 
serves the Otter

riddler2403 wrote:
I don't collect Marvel, just DC. I collect:

Good job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:21 am 
MINT!

JLU: I pickup all the different characters. Occasionally I will pick up the re-paints if they appeal to me.

LEGO: Star Wars and Batman sets. Plus I pick up any good deals I can find at garage sales on misc lots to amass enough to be able to build a huge fort that my son and I can put together.

Daredevil: I try to get any figs I find for DD because he has always been my favorite comic book hero. This is Frank Miller's fault. :)

I used to collect baseball cards and still have thousands and thousands that I will get rid of eventually. I also used to read comics religiously every week and have a couple thousand. Not sure want I want to do with these yet. I haven't really bought any since 97 when my daughter was born (I had to cut the expense as I was shilling out a couple hundred bucks a month). I've thought about getting rid of them, but I kinda want to save them so my kids can read them if they want.

My son really wants all the Star Wars Galactic heroes. I got him 2 of the value packs from wal mart for christmas, and he wants the other two for his birthday coming up. (which are already in my closet waiting)

whew.... .that was a mouthful.

jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:47 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Updated this just 'cause I felt like it.

Collect it

DC Direct – this line is still at the top, I pretty much by any and all DCD figures.

DC Direct 13" – overpriced IMO but are very nice. They have me hooked for now.

JLU – I hope this line never ends.

DC Superheroes – see above.

Marvel Legends – these are in danger of being moved down to the next section…the Hasbro stuff hasn’t really impressed me yet.

G.I.Joe Sigma Six – I dig this line waaay more than I thought I would.

DC Who's Who – dig these.

DC Minimates – I’m not a huge minimate fan but I couldn’t pass these up.

DST Star Trek – I’ve been on the fence, finally picked up the TNG figures.

Disney CARS – my son & I collect these, very fun but a pain to find.

Still Collect but almost done

G.I.Joe DTC – I guess this is done, since Wave 4 is cancelled. Sucks.

Hellboy – so bummed this line is just about over. So many more characters that could have been made…

SOTA Street Fighter – I guess I still collect these, considering there hasn’t been much new in a long time. I really hope Round 5 actually comes out.

Transformers Classics – got ‘em all. I hope this line returns after the movie figures run their course.

Transformers Alternators – see above. Still missing a few though.

Figure Factory – I really liked these, bummed that they were cancelled. Still missing a bunch of them.

Superhero Showdown – see above.

Corgi Batmobiles – I wish this line wasn’t ending. 

Kinda Collect it

Marvel Icons – I missed every single one of these. I was going to get them at my local shop, so I passed them up at retail but my shop had all their orders cancelled. Oops.

MOTU – I’ve missed the last few waves of Stactions so I need to hunt ‘em down.

Transformers – I still buy certain figures, but my space is really limited.

Heroclix – I still pick up figure lots on eBay. These look so cool all together on a shelf.

Want it

Hellboy Animated – more HBoy goodness, can’t resist.

Transformers movie – some of these look great, I’m sure I’ll be getting a few.

VINTAGE too?!

G.I.Joe RAH – still snag stuff here and there, but the cost of vintage figures/vehicles and space issues make it tough. Plus I have all my stuff from childhood, so there's not a whole lot more for me to acquire - just the rare expensive stuff.

Super Powers – been lazy with finishing this line, still need to snag Freeze and Clark Kent but my money gets spent elsewhere right now.

M.A.S.K. – I love this great, underrated line but again the space issue prohibits me from buying these.

JLA/Total Justice - despite the extreme poses, I really liked this line. I only need a few more to complete this line.

And I have a few other things here and there - Microman, McFarlane Sportspicks, some Sideshow figures, some 12" Dragon stuff, the 12" Rocketeer, various DC statues...and I also collect model trains, endless art books, original comic artwork, Sinatra memorabilia, WWII items, vintage Chicago Cubs crap and Norman Rockwell stuff. And a bunch of other useless junk that takes up space.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:45 pm 
5" Scale

Star Wars 3.75 " figures, titanium vehicles, Legos, Acme Archives Character Keys, Gentle Giant Bust ups

Disney Pixar Cars diecasts

JLU

football, basketball cards

Transformers - G1, Beast Wars, Classics

a few years ago, i collected Toybiz LOTR figures as well as Play along's Armies of Middle Earth line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:19 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Yamato Macross Transformable Fighters - I've been trying to limit myself to the highend stuff like the 1/48s and the recent 1/60s. I typically get two of each valkyrie so that I can display one in fighter mode and one in gerwalk.

David Mack Kabuki - This is the only comic I collect with any regularity. I pick up the few figures that come along. I really wish DST would make more.

Indiana Jones - Disney figures, Sovereign Studios 1/6 Indy, 1/6 relics, other characters as Indy and a Staff of Ra headpiece replica. Oh how I'd love for Sideshow to do 1/6 figures!

Batman - A mixture of figures, 1/6 figures, statue and Batmobiles. My collection is Batgirl heavy.

Misc 1/6 Figures - Currently a Medicom Rocketeer, a Cool Girls Kerberos and a couple of Phantom of the Opera Barbies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:59 pm 

Matt Random wrote:
Indiana Jones - Disney figures, Sovereign Studios 1/6 Indy, 1/6 relics, other characters as Indy and a Staff of Ra headpiece replica. Oh how I'd love for Sideshow to do 1/6 figures!

I would LOVE for a Sideshow Indy...I've been waiting for the perfect 1/6 figure for years, some have come close but not quite right IMO. One of my favorite Indy items is the khyber knife from the 80s. Here's an ebay listing for it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Indiana-Jones-Khybe ... 0086223624

I actually took mine into an old job a few years back and one of the dude screwing around with it actually sliced in half the wood banister on the stairs. That was the last time I took it to work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:42 pm 
Factory Worker

What I collect. That's pretty funny. In the past I've collected various different toy lines fanatically.

Started out with Transformers. All generations up to Beast Wars. In the midst of that collection I also managed to collect 18 Shogun Warriors. Not the smaller ones...we're talking the almost 3 foot tall ones. Traded all of the Shogun Warriors in one fell swoop for a monstrous amount of Micronauts, boxed and loose. Collected the Micronauts line forever and had the biggest collection you'll probably ever see. Sold my Transformers collection for a pretty penny. Got very sick and sold my Micronauts collection as well as my Beast Wars collection.

After 320 days off an on in the hospital I started collecting JLU (3.5 inch line only) last July or August and now am only missing a grey Amazo (without wings), the Hal Jordan that's super expensive/impossible to get, and the Starfire/Parasite/Aquaman three pack and beyond. Also collect Ben Ten figures (the small ones) and have everything up to and including Upchuck and Wildvine which should be current. Started collecting The Batman line that is currently out and am now playing catch up with it. I only get the original Batman and Robin figures and then the villains. No multihued crazy variants of Batman or anyone else. Also have all of the Marvel Super Squad figures that are out right now. I am waiting on the Fantastic Four and Spiderman sets to come out so I can add them to my display.

So, as you can see, I went frommonolithic collections down to a very few, small collections. Everything that I collect I open now. Wasn't always the case but since I started collecting JLU I open everything. I love to display the figures and to customize them.

Thanks for listening.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:03 pm 
Knows his stuff

What I collect... Let's see:

1) Matchbox diecast cars- I used to only collect the "Made In England" ones but I stopped decades ago...
2) Super Powers line- Gave these line away since the line discontinued...
3) G.I. Joe- the '80's line....- Got fed up when those damn o-rings kept on snapping...
4) Marvel Legends- Got tired of it, and gave away most figures...
5) DC Direct- stopped collecting them since the scale went out of proportions...
6) JLU- The only toy line I still maintain for now...

Other non-toys:
1) U.S. Coins
2) Basketball cards.... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm 

I used to collect basketball cards big time back in the 90s...and I still have the dozen boxes of now-worthless cards to prove it. :wink: :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next