Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:44 am 
Former King of Posts

they make great kindling, you know, for the woodstove.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:03 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

:lol: that about all they're good for now... :cry:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:50 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I collect too much like most if you

Marvel legends (near complete)

Hellboy (just starting)

DCSH (great and improving)

McFarlane Movie, NFL and MLB (especially legends)

DCD (dig the obscure stuff red son etc)

SHS (display great with some of the BAFs)

Star Wars (mainly troopers with their vehicles) and unleashed full size

Family Guy (favorite animated series)

as far as the animated dc lines go havent caught the bug yet although I dig the shows

also a smattering of old models, anything universal monster stuff, old posters, robots etc you get the picture...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:26 pm 
shirtless hugger

JLU (the whole line)
DCSH (selectively)
Marvel Select (once the zombies come out)
Star Wars (selectively)
POTC (whole line)

I also occasionally pick up minimates, heroclix, and a few other figures if I like the way they look. I save myself a fortune by being so selective, but DCSH is very tempting.

Edit: updated my collecting habits

Last edited by Arrakhat on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:29 pm 
Prototype

I recently started picking up some DC Direct figures. I started at a bad time with Mattel expanding the DCSH line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Right now, I collect dust.

Peace,

Chip ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:50 pm 
Resin

JLU
Transformers Alternators/Masterpiece (almost dead)
Macross/Robotech (Yamato Valks rock, but haven't been into this for a while but pre-ordered the Toynami Scott Bernard Cyclone; crossed fingers)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:12 pm 
Dog Squeezer

JLU

DCD- Mostly HUSH and BATMAN realm items.

Marvel Legends - Mostly X men related characters and villians,
SpiderMan & villians and a small AVENGERS setup.

Teen TITANS - Bandai line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:56 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Ok here we go
JLU
DCSH
The Batman
Super Powers
Marvel Legends
Batman-LOTDK
Batman -Legends
DC Superheroes-Toybiz
Batman-movie
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman &Robin
Batman Begins
Batman-Knight Force Ninjas
Total Justice
JLA
X-Men Classics
X-men -Toybiz
Spiderman -the animated series
Batman TAS
Superman-TAS
Mortal Kombat
MOTU-80's
MOTU-2002-current
Batman-Mattel comic line
Spiderman Classics

I think that might be all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:57 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Also DCD. I also collect some statues and some movie stuff like costumes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:11 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Wow, this is a really interesting topìc, right now I´m collecting:

Justice League/Justice League Unlimited (the small ones and the 10")
Batman Animated Series
Batman Beyond
Superman Animated
The Batman (new animated)
Super Powers
Batman Movies (Batman - Batman Returns and Batman Begins)
The Legends of Batman
Spiderman animated
LOST
X Files
Defenders of the Earth
Chuck Norris
Ninja Turtles (old ones)
Robotech
Star Wars (1995 till today)
Thundercats
MOTU (only vintage)
Silverhawks
Rambo
X Men movies
Total Justice/JLA
Matrix

and I wan to collect:

ghostbusters
Visionaries
and who knows, every day I want some new figures...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:47 am 

maybe I should start a thread "how do you afford the stuff you collect"... :lol:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:17 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

lets see:

I collect
JLU
Any Bizarro Figure
Ghostbusters (i have whole collection)
Riddler Figures
Kingdom hearts items
keychains
Superman stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm 

Thread from the dead! I've cut down my list down since last time...

Actively collect

DCUC- this line is tops for me. When I can find it. :P

DC Direct- I'm a huge DC fanboy, so I still get some of these. But I have been cutting down recently, with DCUC coming out.

JLU- I still get these, or would if I could find anything. I haven't seen anything new in like 6 months.

DC Direct 13"- High price point, but I'm still getting some. Bought GA, but skipped Bizarro.

25th G.I.Joe- for nostalgia, this line is my fav hands-down. The price bump has hurt though. But I'm loving what they're doing.

Indiana Jones- I love this line. My son and I play with these all the time. I will buy whatever they make.

Heroclix- I don't have the time to play the game much anymore, but I still love to collect the figures. The cost keeps me from buying the new releases, but I do pick up figure lots on eBay a few months after each set is released.

SOTA Street Fighter- wow are these actually going to come out finally??

Still buy here-and-there

G.I.Joe Sigma Six- I loved this line. I'm still bummed it ended, and just need a few pieces to complete the line.

Marvel Legends- I've gotten a bit bored with this line, since Hasbro took over. I still need a bunch of TB figures, like the FO sets.

Corgi BatmobilesI dig these, and I still need a few of the box sets but haven't seen them for cheap on ebay recently.

Transformers AlternatorsI miss this line too. I'm missing a few, and I still get an occasional one here and there, but my space is really limited.

CARS- My son's interest has cool a bit, so these are kindof on the back-burner for now.

WANT it

DC Infinite Heroes- Looks like a lot of fun. I'm hoping this line will turn out great.

Transformers Universe- I'm looking forward to these.

Sideshow Indy - I can't wait for this!!

Hellboy- hurray! more Hellboy figures!

Hellboy Samaritan- YES!!!

MOTU Classics- I'm taking a wait-and-see with these, but I'm interested.

VINTAGE too?!

G.I.Joe RAH- I still snag stuff here and there, but the cost of vintage figures/vehicles and space issues make it tough. Plus I have all my stuff from childhood, so there's not a whole lot more for me to acquire - just the rare expensive pieces.

Super Powers- I've been lazy with finishing this line, still need to snag Freeze and Clark Kent but my money gets spent elsewhere right now. But I still love to go read Toyotter's site!

M.A.S.K.- I love this great, underrated line but again the space issue prohibits me from buying these. I still bid on a few here and there on eBay, but mostly I enjoy what I already have. But man are they fun to play with, and I hope the rumor of their return is true!

JLA/Total Justice- despite the extreme poses, I really liked this line. The character variety alone was fantastic, especially with the likes of Red Tornado and Atom. I only need a few more to complete this line.

Secret Wars- I've been lazy with finishing this line too, still need to snag some of the common figures and the foreign exclusives. But I look at ML figures and I lose interest! Still fun for nostalgia though!

And I have a few other things here and there - Microman, some 12" Dragon stuff, various DC statues...and I also collect model trains, Sinatra memorabilia, vintage Chicago Cubs items, and WWII-related & Norman Rockwell art books. And Silver Age DC comic books - mostly Justice League of America, Flash and Green Lantern. And other random titles with the JLA or JSA characters or crossovers on the cover. I'm somewhat of a DC silver age freak. :wink:

Okay, now I'm tired. That's a lot of crap. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:11 pm 
Knows his stuff

I've collected a lot of figure lines over the past decade or so, the most notable being:

- DC Direct: Hardcore DC fan with well in excess of 300 figures at last count, starting with Swamp Thing. Only Bat-family, Bat-Villian and Bat-related figures, plus a very select few other favourites are currently still on display. It was actually hard to box a lot of this stuff away, but I'm no longer actively collecting them, so away they went. If I had the spare room there's a lot that I'd probably still have out though...even if it tempted me to start buying again.

- McFarlane Movie Maniacs: Starting with series 1, this was the line that started it all for me. I wasn't a completist, but damn close to it, as I loved most of what McFarlane did in this line for a long time. Pumpkinhead, T-1000, helmet wearing Hicks, military cap Sarah Connor, Robocop, Snake Plisskin, and the Alien Queen and various Alien figures are the only ones still on display.

- Neca's Hellraiser line: Collected first three series, never did get the Channard box set though, even though I always meant to. Only Pinhead is on display currently, standing in front of my Hellraiser dvd tin, due to a lack of room. Might have to pull out the original Chatterer, Female, and Butterball cenobites again, along with Frank, sometime, if I can find a spot for them. The rest I don't really miss having displayed, despite being nice figures.

- McFarlane's Tortured Souls: Loved series 1, wasn't as big a fan of series 2, but purchased them (quite cheap) anyway, just because of how huge a Clive Barker fan I was, and kinda regretted it for the most part. Had the series 1 figs displayed for a long time, but lack of room got them confined to the boxes eventually. They'll return to shelves at some point though I'd imagine.

- Lord of the Rings: Got caught up in the hype I guess, one of the few lines I regret spending so much money on, and probably the line that swallowed shelf space for the shortest amount of time since I started collecting. Only have the Cave Troll on display now.

- Hasbro's Star Wars Unleashed: Loved this line, didn't collect everything but loved the pieces that I did decide to get. I don't have all the pieces I purchased on display any more, just my favourites, but that's still quite a list - Padme, X-Wing Luke, AOTC Yoda, Dooku, Vader (with switchable heads), Jedi Luke, Slave Leia, Boba Fett, Jango, Darth Maul, Stormtrooper, Han, Chewie, Bossk, AOTC Obi Wan, AOTC Anakin, Mace, Aayla Secura, Aurra Sing and General Grievous.

- Movie and Horror figures by Neca, Sota, Mezco and McFarlane: Various figures that took my interest over the years, but the only ones I still have out on display are Mcfarlane's Coffin Terminator and Human version Terminatrix from T3, John Locke from Lost, and the Headless Horseman Sleepy Hollow boxed set, along with Mezco's Japanese DVD exclusive Hellboy, Neca's V, Freddy vs Jason, Michael Myers vs Sam Loomis, and their original Captain Jack Sparrow.

- Various Comic character figs: Including a few Marvel Select figs, McFarlane's Sin City and Danger Girl figs, and the odd other fig here and there. The three Danger Girls, Origin Wolverine, Bradstreet Punisher and Ultimate Spidey are the only ones still on display.

- Sideshow's Universal Monsters 8 inch figs: I collected all of the first two series in their silver screen editions - Frankenstein's Monster, The Mummy, The Wolfman in series 1, and Creature from the Black Lagoon, Bride of Frankenstein and Phantom of the Opera in series 2, along with series 3's silver screen edition Invisible Man, and all of series 5, Dracula, Masque of the Red Death, and Igor. Always meant to get s3's Metaluna Mutant, and maybe s4's Son of Frankenstein, but never got around to it. S3's Hunchback of Notre Dame, and s4's Werewolf of London and Mole Man never really grabbed me though. These are all still on display, and it's still one of my favourite collections.

- McFarlane's Conan figures: Loved these, despite McFarlane's paint change controversy. Wish they were more popular and more series had been made, but alas I guess it just wasn't to be. Most are still on display, except for the Haunter of the Pits and 'pole up his ass' leaping Conan. Boxed set kicked ass too, and is still a favourite.

- Art Asylum's Star Trek figures: Had all of the first two series Original Trek figures, all of the characters from Enterprise, and the First Contact TNG figures, plus a couple of Tribbles DS9 figs, but my interest waned as the likenesses became more and more patchy on newer figs. Only have the 7 original Trek crew on display now, along with Khan, the Enterprise Andorian Shran, and Klingon Kor.

I've pretty much stopped collecting figures now, I think V and Lost's John Locke were probably the last ones I grabbed, apart from some DC Directs, but frankly very few figure releases get me all that excited any more for whatever reason. That and an overall lack of quality in some of the stuff that I would have otherwise been interested in getting, which seems to be creeping in more and more in the lines that take my interest. I imagine I'll always grab the odd figure here and there when one really stands out and jumps out at me, but it's more a rarity now, whereas before it used to be a full blooded addiction.

But I still collect, instead I find myself collecting the occasional higher priced piece, like statues, maquettes, and replica vehicles instead, as funds permit, and I've been finding that more satisfying of late. I guess my taste has shifted a bit. I don't have many higher end items, but what I do have I love.

I'm also a DVD, comic and poster collector, though I don't collect the latter all that much given the nigh on impossibility of aquiring poster frames where I live, and my reluctance to put up any posters unframed. I've actually sold a lot of my comic collection too in recent years, but I still regularly read, though I don't archive and collect comics like I once did, unless it's something extra special. And my DVD collection is somewhere around the 500 mark now, although that's not that many when you consider I got my first dvd player only a little over a year after they first hit the market. I also have a lot of videotapes from back in the day, but they're all boxed away, and most, or at least those that are important to me, have gradually been replaced on dvd wherever possible.

About the only things I'm really commited to buying in the near future are Sideshow's Premium Format Indiana Jones and the Elite version of the Barris tv show Batmobile (to go along with my 1:18 Begins Tumbler and 1:18 '89 Batmobile), those two are both absolute must haves for me.

Think that about sums me up these days... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next