Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hanna Barbera Toys coming from Mcfarlane
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:11 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

and I just thought he was going to get my money for simpsons this year.

from TNI.com

Warner Bros. Consumer Products has announced its global partnership with McFarlane Toys to introduce an all-new line of action figures based on characters from the hugely successful Hanna-Barbera™ library. This new range of action figures will be available at retail outlets worldwide beginning in the summer and continuing through the fall of 2006.

McFarlane Toys will bring classic Hanna-Barbera characters to life in 3D replicas, capturing many of the favorite legendary and iconic moments from the property's rich history. The suggested retail prices in the United States will be approximately $12.00 for individual pieces and box sets will retail for around $22.00. McFarlane will initially concentrate on such characters as Fred Flintstone, Tom and Jerry and Quickdraw McGraw. More great Hanna-Barbera characters will follow.

"Hanna-Barbera is a legendary animation brand around the world, with classic appeal to both current fans and upcoming generations," says Karen McTier, executive vice president of domestic licensing and worldwide marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. "McFarlane Toys understands the distinctive charm of this property and its characters and will no doubt translate that into a product line that captures a creative essence and imagination."

"I believe the nature of the Hanna-Barbera brand will allow us to bring to life a wonderful new world of action figures, which will be embraced by collectors and fans alike," says Todd McFarlane, CEO and Spawn creator, McFarlane Toys. "We will be utilizing the full range of McFarlane talent for this collection and applying our characteristic style and finesse to the timeless Hanna-Barbera characters."

Hanna-Barbera is the ultimate collection of animated characters under one widely known umbrella brand. This collection has something for everyone ­ pic-a-nic basket-stealing bears, families of the future, families of the past, theatrical pink lions, cats chasing mice, mice chasing cats, superhero ants, super-spy extraordinaire squirrels ­ and many more wacky characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:24 pm 
proverbial old fart

This could be a lot of fun. Wonder if we'll see Birdman, Blue Falcon and the other heroes cranked out or just lots of Yogi Bears and Fred Flinstones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:57 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, we'd better get at least one hero in this line!

"El Kabong!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:02 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Hot damn! I want to see Penelope Pitstop hogtied, wearing one big boot while Muttley gnaws off her other foot! Wacky Racers indeed! :lol:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:45 pm 
Damage Control

Does this only include HB "toony" characters (Yogi, Flinstones, etc) or also things like Herculoids, Space Ghost, Apache Cheif, Black Vulcan, Samurai also????? Could we finally get figures of those SF????

On a side note, I won't get getting many of the "toons" but will find a spot for Huckleberry Hound and the Hair Bear Bunch for damn sure!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:16 pm 
Wonderdog

HONG KONG PHOOEY #1 SUPERGUY!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:40 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I will definately be getting the Toon figures, its about time somebody got this liscense and I would rather it be with someone like Mcfarlane, than Hasbro or Mattel. I (like Grouch) am aLso looking forward in seeing the HERO side of HB. Someone needs to send Todd a copy of Alex Toths "by Design" book (just went for $192.00 on ebay) to get some good design ideas for that. I'm looking forwad to seeing not only Herculoids, Space Ghost and Thundar, but some of the older ones like Shazzan, Samson, Galaxy Trio, Mighty Mightor, Jonny Quest, and Frankenstein Jr. A childhood dream come true.
:D
-GJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:07 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I would suspect that anything that appeared on Super Friends would be the purview of DC, and likely to come out of DC Direct, if at all.

Toynami did a REALLY nice Space Ghost figure a couple of years ago, not to mention some really decent Herculoids. I can't see any reason to re-do these.

And I really wish Playing Mantis had gone ahead with their plans to do Jonny Quest figures based on the Captain Action body molds. That one STILL makes me sad. :cry:

As for McFarlane? PFAGH! I've never cared for much of anything he's done. And recently, anything I've seen out of his company has been pre-posed, barely articulated, over-painted, and ugly as sin with it. I hardly consider this development good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:34 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I am not a big Mcfarlane fan, amd unarticulated as they are, I would rather an unarticulated nicely sculpted touche Turtle,atom ant or secret squirrel over none. I just hope that if they charge a higher price point -they are in larger scale. Action figures in plastic are always cheaper than polystone busts and maquettes and seem to take a lot less time to make.

I hope they will be in similar fashion to the upcoming Looney Toons line from DCD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 pm 
PVC

I'd love to see a HB super heroes vs. super villains wave consisting of

Space Ghost vs. Zorak

Birdman vs. Vulturo the Prince Of Darkness

The Blue Falcon vs. The Red Vulture

Hope McFarlane doesn't blow the potential a line like this has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:44 pm 
Former King of Posts

I really with the DC Dorect Superfriends line had continued to include the "made for the show" characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:29 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

now with pictures

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=14&itemid=9202

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:04 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Found these at TRU yesterday- 11.99

Only grabbed HKP still looking for El Kabong. There seemed to be a plethora of Flinstones and T&J.

I like the figure (Although I broke the stand the Phooey attaches to (Need to reglue it to the base. The motion is cool (athough would rather not have it, if it meant a cheaper price point.

Watch on when trying to fit the criminal on the spring- its a big pain in the ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:44 am 
5th Horseman

I reviewed the full wave earlier this week:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_081406a.htm

And the boxed set at Quick Stop:

http://www.quickstopentertainment.com/?p=1144

The Fred's do zippo for me, but I really like the Quick Draw, Phooey and 'home security' T&J sets. I could do without the silly pseudo action features, but the sculpts and paint were great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:13 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

I picked up Hong Kong Phooey yesterday.

Looking forward to series 2 Captain Caveman.

Hopefully we'll see a Jabberjaw and a huge Grape Ape!