Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mighty Beanz-- King of the Licensors????
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 pm 
MINT!

1. Could they please provide a checklist of the DC Comics Beanz...I don't understand how the "not knowing" who is in the assortment makes it less desirable, if anything, if I knew my favorite character was in an assortment, I'd buy more.

2. Why are the Marvel Comics Beanz clearly in an "animated" style whereas the DC Comics Beanz are a more comic accurate style.

3. Are the DC Comics Beanz selling well enough to launch a "wave 2"?

4. Would they consider doing any exclusive products for an event like SDCC or NYCC?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Target's reset includes Cars 2 Beanz. FYI for those that are interested.

As for questions...

*What exactly is the purpose of creating Rare, Uncommon, Common Beanz for a licensed property? Especially if those properties are released in a set packout instead of randomly packed blisters? The absurd amount of repeat Beanz in the first 12 blisters released is enough to turn away customers rather than entice them to buy more.

I can understand R/U/C Beanz being created and randomly packed out in a unique IP, but it just seems counter productive in the case of Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and other licensed properties.

*When will you be updating the website to include the DC Beanz as well as the new Cars 2 Beanz?

*Can we expect to see "character tin" collector cases or some other specialized item for the DC Beanz?

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:35 pm 
Cold-cast

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
What exactly is the purpose of creating Rare, Uncommon, Common Beanz for a licensed property? Especially if those properties are released in a set packout instead of randomly packed blisters? The absurd amount of repeat Beanz in the first 12 blisters released is enough to turn away customers rather than entice them to buy more.

I think creating rare "chase" Beanz, whichever way they do it, is actually very enticing to everyone. Everyone can appreciate rareness. In fact, it is the only reason I'm really interested in the line.

As for repeat Beanz I think customers like them, because often people have more than one kid, so now they can give one of each Bean (except the rare ones of course) to all their children. Furthermore this is a toy that kids like to battle each other and trade with much like marbles. In this respect the repeats help.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:56 am 

You and I are on the farthest possible points of collectordom from eachother.

Artificially manufactured "Rareness" does not create desire. Its a huge deterrent from buying a line.

The other problem with your example is that the "rare" Beanz in a licensed property aren't "chase" items. I understand the "chase" beanz in their own unique creations, great idea to go with the RANDOM PACKOUTS. But with the licensced Beanz, they are buying a franchise lineup, a lineup that would need to be agreed upon by the licensor (WB/DC in this case) BEFORE production. By manufacturing an artificial rareness, they are effectively cutting short the license they have paid good money to have. And they are turning off customers from buying one line which will trickle into buying any of their other lines. I, for one, will not buy into SW, Marvel, or the new Cars 2 line because of the pattern that is established for packing out the beanz. If it were random or more even mixed, I would absolutely cross-over, as its set up now, they'll never get anymore of my money.

Next ...
I know of several families that have multiple children and not one of them is ever happy buying a package of some toy and getting multiples of the same toy in the box regardless of how many children they have. If they want or need duplicates, they CHOOSE to do so. Having it forced upon you is not a good or beneficial decision by the manufacturer. Again, it is a deterrent for repeat business, not an incentive.

I'll even argue against you that "having a bunch of doubles helps with trading". How is it possible for little Timmy to trade Beanz with neighbor Jimmy when they both have all the same duplicates? Since the licensed Beanz aren't packaged randomly, each pack's lineup is established and set prior to production's end, you are guaranteed that anyone who buys into the line will continue to get the same beanz as everyone else. (in the Beanz unique creations, sure, dupes would be great for trading since those packs are RANDOM and you can't guarantee you will ever get a certain mix in any given packout).

Sorry James, you're arguments just don't hold up to me. Like I said, definitely opposite ends of the spectrum here.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:26 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Id have questions-- however they probably would all seem too negative and attacking if they were in an interview... Maybe you can phrase them differently-- but I have questions about how they run their buisness model differently for a licensed product..

Why do an exclusive clone wars run of one different bean per pack for just wal mart, and then doing the same thing again for Target/TRU-- except repeating some of the same clone wars beans-- for example in the recent "case assortment' there were 6 new packs with the CW sticker for the first time-- when all 6 packs were purchased- it resulted in only 4 new beanz--if you have been collecting- to be honest this has turned me off from collecting these any further-- How can you justify this as a smart business practice-- especially since in the SW insider- you claimed to have 180 beanz planned and yet still havent released everything through the first 60? I mean by the end of the line- will you have expected every person to pay on average more than a per pack price (counting excluisves) for every bean-- because to be honest if you have been collecting this line, you are almost at this total-- and with the recent clone wars fiasco I asked my self why?

The recent online only deal for the 5 droid beanz, collector case and track, was ended within 2 month into the original release (despite the fact that the ad was still up on your website a good 3 months after the offer ended.)-- and by the way is still featured on the video on your site...Thats fine as you wanted to earn early collectors-- however - its been almost a year and they still havent shipped the kits-- if the delay was going to be that long- why not keep the offer going (especially since early releases of this pack are going for over 250.00 for the 5 on ebay?- once again it really turns people off of your products.

And as stated above-- if you arent going to keep the packs at complete random (with your rarities)- why not actually let people get the full set by buying packs-- you already provide unique UPC codes for each pack-- you havent made these collectible or tradeable-- its a shady business practice to just shuffle the bean in front and not the contents-- you arent making them collectible- your making me waste my money..

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:03 am 
MINT!

I will admit to being moderately ashamed by this....but in an effort to inform my fellow collectors I have to confess that I bought 6 sets tonight at TRU...

The exposed Beanz were: Osiris, Booster, Green Arrow, Raven, Plastic Man and Superman.

Here are the numbers of the new characters: The number in parenthesis is the actual number of the character, the next number was the total number of that character I got out of 6 packs.

Superman (6) 2
Booster Gold (12) 3
Ra's Al Ghul (16) 2
Jade (17) 1
Power Girl (19) 2
Joker (21) 1
Captain Cold (22) 1
Raven (24) 2
Lobo (25) 1
Green Arrow (27) 3
Osiris (43) 2
Saint Walker (44) 1
Brainiac (49) 1
Plastic Man (50) 2

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:35 am 
MINT!

Okay...here we go:

1. Aquaman
2. Flash
3. Shazam!
4. Catwoman
5. Gordon
6. Superman
7. Grodd
8. Deadman
9. Cyborg
11. Capt. Boomerang
12. Booster Gold
13. Penguin
16. Ra's Al Ghul
17. Jade
19. Power Girl
20. Maxwell Lord
21. Joker
22. Capt Cold
23. Nightwing
24. Raven
25. Lobo
27. Green Arrow
31. Hawkman
32. Two Face
33. Mr Freeze
37. Deathstroke
40. Capt Atom
42. Black Canary
43. Osiris
44. Saint Walker
49. Brainiac
50. Plastic Man

We know Red Tornado, Batman and Scarecrow are all coming as they are featured on the box...so, I would guess we probably have 2 more releases before we see all 54 Beanz. There are plenty of heavy hitters missing: The 3 I already mentioned...plus Firestorm, Zatanna, Atom, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern-Hal/John/Kyle/Guy/Alan, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Jay Garrick, Huntress, Ivy, Harley, Vixen, Darkseid, Luthor, Robin, Kid Flash, Starfire, Donna Troy, Beast Boy, Dr Fate, Spectre, Etrigan, Blue Beetle, Supergirl, Batgirl and quite a few others...so hopefully a second wave is being planned.

If anyone has any other missing numbers, let me know!

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 am 

Hey Ghost

would it be possible for you to tell us who all was in what packout.

If Osiris is the exposed who were the hidden? and so on ...

Would be greatly appreciated for keeping everyone up to date and figuring out what packs were completely skippable and whatnot...

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:59 am 

Hmm...

looks like in those 6 new packs there is not one single previously released bean ....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:00 pm 
MINT!

Rats....I didn't make note of which Beanz came with which set.

I saw on ebay which number Deadman was, but does anyone know if he is wave 1 or wave 2?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:33 am 

Deadman was in wave 2, along with Nightwing

I've updated the checklist thread with what packs he came in to make it easier for your hunt.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:23 pm 
MINT!

I totally missed that there is already a checklist!

Deadman was hidden in both the Penguin AND Gordon packs...

But which packs were Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado and Blue Beetle found in?

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 am 

none yet.

You have the newest Beanz out there. I haven't found any of the packs you listed in your thread. So that would be "wave 3" and you are ahead of the game.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:23 pm 
MINT!

Thanks for the info on Deadman, walked in to Target, picked up the pack and BINGO! there he was...

Just out of curiosity, on the checklist, we have Woman, Manhunter and Tornado.....so how did we discover their numbers if they aren't released yet???

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:34 am 

Ebay and, I believe, rumor busters. It took some time, and they aren't 100% verified, but that's what we know as of right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next