Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Mezco DC Comics Mez-Itz
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

SO ...

anyone have any info on what is going on with Mezco?
My attempts at contacting customer service have gone unanswered and now their phone number isn't being answered either.

I know that some of the East Coast is without power due to recent storms, but this is all starting to feel really conspicuous to me.

I received my Batmobile box set 1 MONTH ago, with no notice and no update to my order status. The Wave 1 mini MezItz I ordered at the same time still haven't shipped, my order status still hasn't changed, and I can't get customer service to respond to my requests for an update.

Please, someone, anyone, tell me this is unusual and that it will be addressed soon. I would hate to think I am now locked into a customer service hell with a company that does not follow through on its commitments.

At this point, I don't think I'm being unreasonable in asking for INFORMATION on UPDATING MY ORDER, but I would hate for it to get any worse.

Frankly, at this point, I doubt cancelling my order would get my money back without further hassles.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 pm 
We're going streaking!

Long since I thought these were basically dead, guess what I find at TRU tonight? Not the DKRises Catwoman or latest TRU Minimates I wanted, but DC Mez-Itz: Mini Mez-Itz Series 1, 6-Inch Superman and Darkseid and the Batmobile & Batman Set.

I thought the Mini Mez-Itz were only $7.99, but they rang up at $11.99 :shock: (in comparison, the Batmobile Set, which I scanned despite already owning, was only $19.99). I only purchased the Batman & Joker Set, which I guess I will keep, but it's tough at that price. Especially since I think that minimates are superior and this line seems pretty much dead (it feels like the Shocker Toys Indy Spotlight Series 1 dump at TRU two years or so ago).

Maybe the DKRises sets will resuscitate the DC Mez-Itz line, if they even reach market, but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

... add to that the the Mezco store is currently down (albeit with a promise that pre-orders are intact and will be viewable once the site redesign is finished and relaunched.

The Series 2 DC Mini Mez-Itz are almost a year late at this point and I'd just as soon have my money back as actually getting the product.

This buy goes in the "regret" column which is a shame because it could've been a fun line to have on display.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am 
We're going streaking!

It's all sounding very Shocker-ish. Not that Mezco has the rep of Shocker, not at all, but I have had Indie Spotlight figures on pre-order at BBTS since 2009 and through March 2011. I doubt that I will ever see these figures, but if they do show up, I should be in line to get them and most importantly, I still have my money. Not true for everyone who ordered them directly from their website.

Is Mezco in trouble financially? I hadn't heard anything, but I never really purchased many of their products, so I never paid much attention.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm 
We're going streaking!

I just want to add that during my search for the latest TRU Marvel Minimates (I missed them :( ), I took another look at the minis to confirm I am not crazy. I am not and the Superman Set that says Supes & Mongul and has both pictured on the back? Well, that is Darkseid in the package, not Mongul.

Odd, because the Supes & Mongul pack does exist.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 am 
We're going streaking!

Well, this caught me by surprise! The "Dark Knight Rises" Mez-Itz are out. I just got a email from BBTS telling me my 2-Inch Batman and Tumbler are in-stock and I see that the rest for DKRises are in-stock too. Nothing from the older movies is in-stock yet and there are still no pictures, or real pictures. Too bad because I might be influenced to buy more if there were pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:31 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

In TRU yesterday there was a Boxed set- of a Batmobile and Batman-- wasnt sure if this was new- or not-- I just couldnt drop the 19.99 for it..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm 
We're going streaking!

stewbacca wrote:
In TRU yesterday there was a Boxed set- of a Batmobile and Batman-- wasn't sure if this was new- or not-- I just couldn't drop the 19.99 for it..

It's been out for a while online, just not at TRU. The price for Mez-Itz does trend a bit too high, especially considering how much a two pack of minimates cost ($7.49 - $7.99 compared to Mez-Itz $11.99) and their vehicles with figures ($12.99 versus $19.99). I kept the Batman two-pack and I had previously purchased the car because it's Batman (same with the Tumbler), but I won't get the rest of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:14 pm 
We're going streaking!

Who thought we'd be talking DC Mez-Itz again as much as we have lately?

I stopped at Barnes & Noble tonight and they had "The Dark Knight Rises" Mez-Itz; both of the two packs and the Tumbler w/ Batman.

Companies really make curious decisions sometimes. As far as I could tell, the Batman that came in each two pack and with the Tumbler were all the same Batman, except the Tumbler Batman had a cloth cape and the two-pack Batmans had a plastic cape. Otherwise? Same. Exact. Batman. Same facial expression, same everything. Not much incentive to buy everything, unless you just need Bane and Catwoman. And neither looked great, but Catwoman was especially bad. Her design just did not lend itself to a Mez-Itz style. Adding the up goggles to make it look like faux ears, like the Mattel figure, would have helped, but she may as well be a boy Mez-Itz.

The Tumbler looks great though! It's The Tumbler. Nothing new here and if you don't like the design, you won't like this, but I think it looks fantastic and I am looking forward to getting mine to see how it works and putting Batman inside. Very cool. If it comes out, I may be interested in The Bat-Pod. Too bad it will be the same 'ol Batman again.