Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: EE and BBTS as sources of information
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:51 pm 
Resin

I'm on the mailing lists for both BigBadToyStore.Com and EntertainmentEarth.Com, despite the fact that I seldom order from them (too often they have that nasty habit of wanting you to buy case lots, which I can neither afford, nor am I always interested in EVERY figure in a given wave of -- whatever.)

I have discovered that these e-mails CAN be a good source of information, especially for those of us whose ability/tendency to extensively "surf the web" is rather limited.

Recently I learned that among forthcoming G.I. Joe assortments will be a JUNGLE B.A.T.! Well, that's cool! I've always liked the Battle Android Troopers, and the 25th-style one is actually a good figure.

Found out that among new Clone Wars assortments will be a "Riot Control Clone Trooper". THAT sounds interesting. I'm always open for new Clones.

And in the Marvel Universe line, it seems that Hasbro plans to do GLADIATOR! I'm assuming the Shi'ar super-hero and not the barely-remembered Daredevil villain here. Now, there's someone I look forward to, and I barely collect Marvel Universe. But I like Gladiator, and the only other one of him that I recall was part of the Toy Biz line a VERY long time ago. (Granted, I'd love to see a Marvel LEGENDS of Gladiator, but I'll take what I can get).

So, anyone else get their mailings and find interesting surprises, news, and stuff to look forward to? Only thing that really annoyed me this time was there weren't accompanying pictures!

Post subject: Re: EE and BBTS as sources of information
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:05 am 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Yeah, I always read through the BBTS email blasts. Hard to keep track of everything and this is a good way of staying kinda up-to-date, especially with things like statues, bust, and props, that otherwise escape my attention.

Post subject: Re: EE and BBTS as sources of information
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:20 pm 
The Last Word

Honestly, I've usually seen (and sometimes pre-ordered) whatever is in the marketing e-mails. I do use the sites to learn case assortments, though. That helps me know what's coming, and the knowledge comes in handy when you're trying to figure out if a store has the remnants of a new case.