Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Gothitropolis Scarabus
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:03 pm 
5th Horseman

Well I pulled the trigger on the Standard Scarabus tonight, so I guess I am doomed now, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:38 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Thanks Noisy and CantinaDan.

Noisy: Your leftover pics really show off the detailed sculpt/paint apps.

Of course these two are buddies (Demon Fire Azazel and Dark Haures)

I call this one: Dark Haures standing by the Iron Tree of Despair Silently Judging You.
:D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 am 
shirtless hugger

The Scarabus I ordered finally arrived, and he looks awesome! The Four Horsemen did an amazing job.

After seeing the pictures posted here, I kinda want a second one.

I ran into Jim Preziosi at SDCC, and he said they had sold out of the complete sets they had brought to the convention and only had singles left. Great job!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:10 pm 
5th Horseman

Greg how long did you have to wait for your Scarabus as I have received everything else I ordered last week but I don't have my Scarabus is it time to start worrying as they have debitted my paypal account for the figure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:29 am 
shirtless hugger

I pre-ordered my figure in May. It was supposed to arrive in June, but they were late arriving at the Four Horsemen studio from the factory in China. The figures didn't start getting mailed out until July, from what I'm told.

The Horsemen don't have a big operation. It's just the four of them, plus three extra sculptors and painters. They do all the office work themselves, including packing and shipping orders.

I think the delay from the factory, combined with preparation for Comic-Con, put them way behind. I'd give it a few more days, then contact them. They are really nice guys and totally support their fans.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am 
5th Horseman

I didn't realise that they were only the 4 of them, I thought it was a big operation which was part of Mattel, lol.

However I have just ordered the Ram and the Goat from them, the others look good but I don't like the fact that there feet aren't suited for the actual head if you know what I mean, I would love to get the Nergul but I think he should have clawed lizard like feet not hooves, same for the Anubis and Both the Bird Figures.

Also can't wait for the Raven to be released and apparently they are going to be doing variants of them as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:21 pm 
5th Horseman

Ok I have never really been impressed with any figure company before, now don't get me wrong I have liked figures that have been released by other companys (otherwise I wouldn't have collected figures from them), however I am impressed with this figure and the other figures I have gotten from the 4 Horsemen, they do answer quickly and the package arrived well wrapped, now moving onto the gem in the box, oh f***ing wow thats all the words that can sum up my reaction when I saw Scarabus, and then when I opened him and tried the faces, the hands and everything else out on him, no figure has ever had me going to fork out money for a Deltof Display Cabinet, I want these bad boy and the rest of his boys on display.

The Figures (And I use this very loosely as these are more like mini statues) I plan on getting:
Raven
Nurgal

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:53 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

After seeing Noisy's week's worth of Scarabus goodness, I broke down and got three of them (Anubus, the black goat's head, and the brown insect head one). Once I shelled out my $100 (with shipping) and the weeks went by with no shipment, I began to think twice.

Then the package showed up yesterday and I was blown away. The paint is perfect, the articulation excellent (and well hidden), and the accessories impressive.

Two questions, though.

Does the cape come off the shoulder section at all? It doesn't like it does, but those three tabs make it look like it could.

Also, standing them without the cape is tricky. Suggestions?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:57 pm 
5th Horseman

I had no problems standing them without the cape, you just have to play around with them to get a pose your happy with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

WOW... I need to find the Anubus one... would be an awesome fill in for a Sutek figure on my Who shelf!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:26 am 
5th Horseman

Van these are just awesome full stop.

The only problem I have and it's me in a way limiting myself, is the fact that I don't like that all of them have hooved feet, if they had given the birds bird feet, and the others feet that would fit with the type of creature being represented I would have bought the lot.

As it is I only need the Nurgal and Melcholm (I can get away with hooved feet for these two), I would have loved to have gotten the others but alas I am one of these collectors that everything has to fit.

However it still doesn't take away any of the awesomness of the figures being produced these are quality pieces and well worth the money.