Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Captain Action 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:55 pm 
Daniel Pickett

What do you guys think about the new head sculpt?

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... ns-new-mug

Post subject: Re: Captain Action 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Love it!

I think it's a huge step in the right direction. Cap was my first action figure when I was 6 and still my all-time favorite toy, but the state of the art has advanced so much in the past forty-five years that I don't think a reissue will work without an upgrade of sorts. I'm not sure if they're planning to muscle up Cap's body a bit, but that would probably be a good idea too. I'm also glad to hear that they're getting the Marvel license. Can't wait to see what the Thor, Iron Man, and Hawkeye costumes look like. I'd also like to get a better look at the new versions of the Spider-Man and Captain America costumes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:23 pm 
We're going streaking!

Thumbs Up! There is nothing wrong with modernizing the classics. I know it's just the head sculpt in this case, but this is why I prefer the old Hasbro DC 9-Inch figures over every other Mego-like attempt made before and since; they were the perfect update to a classic toy, using modern technology and design. I don't know how the actual Captain Action body will turn out, but this far, from what I have seen, I am looking forward to these!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 pm 
ABS

one of the things about the original, is that it was sculpted deliberately to fit the masks. So some proportions were not accurate.

if this updates that, and the masks still look good, then I'm all for it, if the masks look clunky as a result, then I feel it was a bad idea made in haste, and with no real understanding of the original other than "Let's update it!" without knowing why it looked the way it did in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:57 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm excited! I think the head sculpt looks fantastic and is a perfect balance.

The costume mock ups so far also look INCREDIBLE! I just saw the higher res versions of Cap and Spidey and cannot wait to see the the final product. While I'm definitely part of the older demo, I absolutely applaud you guys for going Silver on these and avoiding the newer looks. These are so iconic any kid or adult over 25 should respond to them positively. Congrats on getting TRU on your side and I'm just busting awaiting the reveals of Thor and Ol' Shell Head not to mention what else you guys have up your sleeves! Best of luck, I wish you rampant success.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

The costumes look great although the copy of the Bugle and Peter's camera look far too modern compared to the rest of the set. Really glad that I don't collect 1/6 stuff as these would be impossible to resist (and I'm not that big of a Marvel fan).