Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Video Game Characters (Fantasy)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Over the years we've been treated to generous portions of video game related toys, everything from Mario to Resident Evil to Metroid. While some video games have ample merchandise, other games have painfully little, if anything at all. If you guys owned your own toy company and could obtain the license to do any video game toys you want, what game would you pick and why? This is just a fantasy "what-if" forum of course, but still loads of fun and something probably all of us have thought about to one degree or another. just pick a game of your choice from any platform and era that doesn't have toys and tell us what you would do if you had creative control of the license. If you're favorite game already has toys it's okay to pick it anyway, just tell us what you would do differently. For me, I would have to choose Fable. Three video games thus far and no figures? for shame. I would released very detailed, super-poseable figures in the 4" scale, five figures per series, split up by game (first series from the first game, second from the second, etc.)

Series 1 would be:

Guildmaster - With Health and Mana Potions, Guild Seal and Earth Troll Head and Torso
Maze - With Light-Up Energy Tattoos, Magic Staff, Magic Blast and Earth Troll Right Arm
Jack of Blades - With Light-Up Eyes, Real-Cloth Cape, Sword of Eons and Earth Troll Left Arm
Whisper - With Bo Staff, Two Beetles (one Black and one Red) and Earth Troll Right Leg
Hobbe Two-Pack - With Battle Axe, Magic Staff and Earth Troll Left Leg
Arms Accessory Pack - With Three Different Swords, Three Different Bows, A Crossbow, Battle Axe, Maul, Pick and Cleaver.

So there's my fantasy line series one! tell me about your creative hopes/dreams for unrealized video game lines!

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

Post subject: Re: Video Game Characters (Fantasy)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:08 pm 
5th Horseman

Now I am presuming it's just Video Games, if that is the case I would go for Breath of Fire Series 1-5 (and any other series characters after this), best possible sculpts and 4" scale.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:38 pm 
Unbreakable

I know it just came out but Dragon Age 2 would be fantastic. Especially in a 3 3/4" scale and by some one other than the peddlers of fragile, semi-statues DC Direct.

My first series would be Garret Hawke (Warrior), Bethany, Varrick, Aveline, Genlock, Hurlock Archer.

Series 2 would be Marian Hawke (Rogue), Fenris, Isabela, Carver, Skeleton and Arcane Horror

Throw in a deluxe Ogre and I would be happy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

kevfett wrote:
I know it just came out but Dragon Age 2 would be fantastic. Especially in a 3 3/4" scale and by some one other than the peddlers of fragile, semi-statues DC Direct.

My first series would be Garret Hawke (Warrior), Bethany, Varrick, Aveline, Genlock, Hurlock Archer.

Series 2 would be Marian Hawke (Rogue), Fenris, Isabela, Carver, Skeleton and Arcane Horror

Throw in a deluxe Ogre and I would be happy

Sounds awesome, but no Merrill?

Before me you are a slug in the sun. You are privy to a great Becoming and you recognize nothing. You are an ant in the afterbirth. It is your nature to do one thing correctly: tremble. But fear is not what you owe me; you owe me AWE.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I wouldn't mind seeing some characters from Call of Duty made into figures, especially Black Ops: Alex Mason, James Hudson, Viktor Reznov, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:00 am 
Unbreakable

Evil-Ryn wrote:
kevfett wrote:
Sounds awesome, but no Merrill?

I did forget her, Anders and Sebastien. Maybe because I rarely use Merril. I like Bethany more since I can shape her in to being an elemental nuke from the very beginning. Whenever I get Merril I try to get away from the elemental tree and go spirit. I like the elemental stuff more. Nothing like raining fire down on a chunk of enemies. So I roll with Bethany as long as possible.

And of course there a various other monsters/enemies that could be made. A Templar would be awesome as would a Shade or Rage Demon. The possibilities for an awesome toy line are endless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:15 am 
5th Horseman

Oh don't forget one of the greatest game universes out there, Final Fantasy in all of it's incarnations, there's a wealth of characters from there.

I would also say Legend of Mana, Lunar 1 & 2, Star Ocean, Tales of Eternia, Wild Arms 1 & 5, Chrono Trigger, Alundra 1 & 2, The Various AD&D Games, Generation of Chaos, Generation of Chaos Next, Global Folktale, Growlanser, Xeno Saga Various Games.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:33 am 
Unbreakable

I'd love little Superhero Squad style Final Fantasy toys. Especially if they are based on the classes and monsters from Final Fantasy Tactics. The DS version remains my favorite game ever.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:45 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

As far as video games go-I mostly play licensed games- I would just like to cheat and get some characters that havent been made in their original styles (they could even give them different packaging)-- for example lots of characters from the Lego Batman (Clayface) and Star Wars Games, Catman, Catwoman or Black Canary (either Action League or regular figure style) and Arden Lyn from Masters of Terasi Kai and random Bounty characters (and Kamari Vosa) from Jango Fett: Bounty Hunter.