Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Most Amazing Action Figure Crossover Annoucement Ever ;)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:49 pm 
Resin

APRIL 1 - Representatives from Mattel and Hasbro, along with their respective licensees DC Comics and Marvel Comics, today announced what must surely be considered the most remarkable crossover in the action figure world since the days of Mego, when both comics companies had action figures produced by the same company at the same time.

Scheduled for release in late 2012, celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the epic four-issue "JLA/Avengers" mini-series written by Kurt Busiek and illustrated by George Perez, Mattel will produce one assortment of DC Universe Classics figures under a "JLA/Avengers" theme, featuring DC Universe Classics-styled figures of some of Marvel's most popular Avengers, and Hasbro will produce one assortment of Marvel Universe figures under an "Avengers/JLA" theme, featuring Marvel Universe-styled figures of the Justice League.

The DC Universe Classics figures of the Avengers will include: Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, the Hulk, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, The Vision, Wolvering, with a Collect-and-Connect of Giant-Man, complete with a miniature Wasp figure.

Said Mattel: "We know that Spider-Man and Wolverine weren't Avengers at the time, but they're such popular characters we couldn't leave them out. The Hulk wasn't a major part of that story, either, but he's one of the Avengers' founders."

The Marvel Universe figures of the Justice League will include Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, and Captain Marvel, who due to the nature of the agreement, for the first time ever will be marketed under his actual name instead of the "Shazam!" title, which was the main reason for his inclusion.

"We're all agreed that it'd be nice to see him released just once under his real name."

Hasbro stated that they had not yet decided whether the Green Lantern to be included in this set would be Kyle Rayner, who was the primary Green Lantern at the time of the story, or Hal Jordan, who has since returned to prominence, and did play a role in the story. Aquaman's appearance had also yet to be determined.

====================

Note: Please observe the date of this post. Just having a little April Fools' Day fun. Still, I think this would be EXTREMELY cool if it were to ever actually happen... :D :wink:

Post subject: Re: The Most Amazing Action Figure Crossover Annoucement Eve
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:05 pm 
ABS

Yeah, never happen. Because when its all said and done, there's a bottom line to maintain, and sharing profits ain't in the business plan of any of the companies involved.

don't count on seeing any crossovers from Marvel/DC in the future, despite 'em happening in the past. Parent Companies are rivals, and it undercuts their profit margin.

same for Hasbro/Mattel. Who have NEVER collaborated.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:55 am 
5th Horseman

Actually I just wish Mattel would lose the license for DC figures as they can't do them in the size I collect decently, and Hasbro can.

Would love to see versions of DC Characters in the MU style (and I don't just mean customs people have done), because Mattel don't have a clue how to do proper 4" figures, even Bandai puts them to shame.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:49 am 
ABS

And I'd rather Hasbro lose the license to Marvel, because they can't do them in the size I like best, and Mattel Can.

And Hasbro hasn't a clue how to do proper 6" figures....and.....you guessed it, even Bandai puts them to shame.

it works both ways.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 am 
5th Horseman

It's ok Blisterfist it ain't your fault your deluded, lol. :D

But in all seriousness I wouldn't mind Hasbro losing the 6" Marvel line at all and Mattel getting it and Mattel losing the 4" line and Hasbro getting it, Mattel are good 6" figures and Hasbro are good at 4" scale figures.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:44 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

It would be nice, but gee, did anybody bother to notice that this was posted on APRIL FOOLS DAY?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 am 
Santos L. Halper

Speaking of JLU / Avengers figures, are the DC Movie Masters & the current Marvel movie figures (Thor, Iron Man, etc.) the same scale?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:49 am 
MINT!

Did anyone fall for this? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

I was reading and thinking it would be better if they did the Amalgam figures. It would make more sense because a joint agreement would be needed for that. The logistics described made no sense, and no names were quoted. Anything from Mattel and DC would have Scott's name all over it, especially something this ill concieved.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Mister Blisterfists wrote:
same for Hasbro/Mattel. Who have NEVER collaborated.

Does having Mr. Potato Head and Barbie in Toy Story count? XD
It's sad no cross overs would happen. I'm dying for a Marvel vs DC fighting game T_T