Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Tick!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:08 pm 
We're going streaking!

In my nice big box of Loot from BBTS today, I received The Tick! No doubt that Shocker Toys has major issues, but some of the figures they have gotten to market have been pretty nice. I liked The Maxx and I think they did a fantastic job with The Tick. It is the Limited Edition version, which, besides maybe accessories (and they scaled back what was supposed to be included), seems to be the same as the regular edition.

The articulation is nice and allows for some quirky poses, partially thanks to a great ball jointed neck. He comes with an extra, eyebrow raised (sort of) head and too extra hands that are fists, just like the regular hands, but have holes in them to hold the last accessory, the rusted Stop sign.

Love the company, hate the company, The Tick is a very cool, very good action figure!

Post subject: Re: The Tick!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:24 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

i cant wait to get these figures. i guess they're in the same scale as dcu and ml, right? does your tick figure have any info as to what accessories from the tickiverse are included with the non-tick figures from that wave? anything about arthur?

Post subject: Re: The Tick!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:23 pm 
We're going streaking!

I don't remember if it was listed as to what came with the regular Tick, but after seeing accessories dropped from this one, I wouldn't take it as gospel even if there were a list.

The card back looks to be the same as the regular release (I really don't know why one needs the regular release if you have this one) and they mention Arthur on the back. But until Shocker Toys mails out Mr. Gone from Series 1, Arthur will forever be a dream figure.