Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NECA's Harry Potter line
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 am 
Tis' but a pup

When Order of the Phoenix came out NECA produced several waves of action figures. With the past two movies, their offerings have been rather lame. Also, recently a lot of those Order of the Phoenix figures have shown up at Toys 'r Us.

Has this line not sold well? Is that why they haven't produced more figures?

Post subject: Re: NECA's Harry Potter line
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 pm 
Hat Pooper

TRU was clearing out their warehouse, that's where all the OOTP figures came from. For the new movie(s), they only released four figures, which I agree, really sucked. However, HP hasn't sold well beyond the first movie or two, thus they didn't bother producing many new figures. Outside of the main cast, who are already way overproduced, there isn't much that people really care about. It's a franchise that, thankfully, is almost dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:04 pm 
5" Scale

Which is kind of sad, if that is true. While my wife is the Harry Potter fan, I love these figures.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:27 am 
Hat Pooper

As a book series, it went way downhill at the end. The books were tedious and boring, the publishers were so afraid of offending J.K. Rowling that they didn't do their job and edit what she was writing and it showed. By the end, there was so much meaningless filler in the books that people lost track of a potentially interesting story and just got swept along with the hype. The movies have had to leave the majority of the books behind, simply because there isn't enough time in 2.5 hours to tell the incoherent story.

For the figures, it's just been more of the same over time. They're more statues than action figures, posed in the packaging but not all that interesting. My wife collects them, I just haven't been that impressed since the 2nd or 3rd movie.