Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Sideshow Collectibles & DC Comics
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Sideshow now has the license for DC Comics! Credit to levere on the 'Mess for the link...I added the bold highlight below for the 1/6 scale figures(!).

http://legionsofgotham.blogspot.com/201 ... eshow.html

Quote:
WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS TAPS SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES FOR PREMIUM STATUES AND BUSTS INSPIRED BY LEGENDARY DC COMICS CHARACTERS

BURBANK, Calif. – July 12, 2011 –Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) announced today that it, along with DC Entertainment, has enlisted Sideshow Collectibles, a leading specialty manufacturer of licensed collectible products, to create a signature line of premium statues, busts and other collectibles inspired by DC Comics’ stable of iconic super heroes and villains.

This heroic alliance paves the way for Sideshow Collectibles to offer products featuring DC Comics’ most revered super heroes and villains, including Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman, as well as items inspired by the upcoming theatrical releases “The Dark Knight Rises” and “Man of Steel.” In addition to premium statues and busts, Sideshow Collectibles will produce limited edition art prints and high-end 1/6 scale articulated figures. These all-new collectible lines will complement the robust offerings available from DC Direct.

“The DC Universe enjoys a loyal following of avid collectors and enthusiasts who will be thrilled with these terrific new products from Sideshow Collectibles,” said Karen McTier, Executive Vice President, Domestic Licensing and Worldwide Marketing, Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “The premium collectibles, featuring many legendary DC Comics super heroes and villains, serve to enhance and support an overall product offering, which continues to be led by DC Direct, and stand as a welcome addition to our vaunted lineup.”

“We are truly excited to be bringing our expertise and experience in the area of collectibles to the vast DC Comics universe of characters,” said Greg Anzalone, President, Sideshow Collectibles. “The opportunity to create items inspired by these iconic heroes is an incredible opportunity to provide the fans with a number of very special offerings, which will be appreciated by casual and dedicated collectors alike.”

In addition to premium collectibles, Sideshow Collectibles’ limited edition 1/6 scale figures feature more than thirty points of articulation, highly detailed accessories, real fabric costumes, and an array of switch-out parts for customizable display potential. The art print products will capture the best of the DC Comics characters and adventures in flat art form. Sideshow Collectibles will also be collaborating with Mondo Tees to create limited edition prints, each featuring original artwork which is screen printed on archival paper and highly limited.

ABOUT WARNER BROS. CONSUMER PRODUCTS
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

ABOUT DC ENTERTAINMENT
DC Entertainment, home to such iconic DC Comics properties as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, MAD Magazine, and Fables, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its superheroic characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing over 1,000 comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

ABOUT SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES
Sideshow Collectibles is a specialty manufacturer of licensed and proprietary collectible products. With Sideshow's dedication to accuracy and artistry, these products reflect a passion for creating unique, highly sought after figure collectibles, as well as film prop replicas and fine art pieces. Sideshow artisans are renowned sculptors, experienced model makers, painters and costumers whose combined efforts result in the creation of outstanding original designs and intricately detailed likenesses of pop culture icons, including film and television monsters, villains, heroes, mystical creatures of fantasy, and legendary figures from history. This talented team of artists is regularly distinguished for achieving a level of authenticity seldom seen in the figure collectible arena. Recognized as a quality manufacturer, Sideshow has been highlighted in national trade and specialty toy publications where its collectible 12-inch figures and polystone statues have been awarded 'Best of the Year.'

DC SUPER HEROES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re: Sideshow Collectibles & DC Comics
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

Oh no.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:43 pm 
We're going streaking!

xrmc20 wrote:
Oh no.

I don't know what your 'Oh no' means, but my, 'Oh No,' (which was really more of a :o ) means I may need to find another source of income for the 1/6 scale figures, if these are comic book based, done in-house at SSC and are cheaper than Hot Toys, and maybe some $$$ and space for a statue or too!

And it also means... if the 1/6 figures are comic book-based, what the heck do I do with my mostly inferior out-of-the-box DC Direct 13-Inch figures??? :shock:

And what does this really mean for the future of DC Direct?

I sure hope Sideshow has something to show from this license at SDCC!

Here is the AFI LINK.

Last edited by TRDouble on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

xrmc20 wrote:
Oh no.

hahaha! my thoughts exactly!

So is now the time to dump my DC Direct 13" figures?? :?

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:46 pm 
We're going streaking!

I guess I missed the parts about ...will complement the robust offerings available from DC Direct... and the serve to enhance and support an overall product offering, which continues to be led by DC Direct :oops:

I DID re-read the parts that The Superfly was so kind to highlight about the 1/6 Scale figures. I want a Batman, NOW! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

My son can go without his meds and braces for another few years or so right? Right?

Arrg ... Maybe I'll win the lottery soon ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:07 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

My worry is the premium formats and Comiquettes---

Harley Quinns, Catwomans, Posion Ivys, and Batgirls are gonna get expensive....

My only hope is they use the New DCU so maybe I can skip the offerings...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

stewbacca wrote:
My only hope is they use the New DCU so maybe I can skip the offerings...

Ha!

Last year at SDCC I went back to their booth various times and just stared at a lot of their stuff. If I had the space and money these guys would already be bleeding me out, and I'm scared to see what they come up with for DC.