Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:40 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 13340
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Guessing Fone will be all-in on these...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/comi ... on-figures


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:23 pm 
User avatar
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 9438
Location: Rochester, NY
I like them, I really do. Just not sure if I like them enough to buy them. I’ll need to hold them in my hands before I decide for sure.

And Chip n Dale really should be a 2pack

_________________
#AdultsCollect


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:59 pm 
Excelsior!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3877
Jim_Abell wrote:
Guessing Fone will be all-in on these...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/comi ... on-figures
Definitely. Anyone know how much they will retail for?

_________________
Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 13340
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Guessing $10. That's what the ReAction and Batman 66 figures sell for.

EDIT: BBTS has them all (except Nega Duck) for pre-order for $9.99 each.

Scroll down a bit to find them... http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Hi ... Company=62


My biggest problem with them is just whether or not Funko will follow through with more. Outside of Pop!s they don't have a very good track record of continuing/finishing lines. They've done the Serenity crew in two different formats and neither line finished the core cast.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:26 pm 
Excelsior!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3877
Cross that bridge. Cross that bridge. I'll take whatever figures we get.

10 bucks per figure is totally doable for me.

_________________
Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 am 
User avatar
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Jim_Abell wrote:
Guessing $10. That's what the ReAction and Batman 66 figures sell for.

EDIT: BBTS has them all (except Nega Duck) for pre-order for $9.99 each.

Scroll down a bit to find them... http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?Hi ... Company=62


My biggest problem with them is just whether or not Funko will follow through with more. Outside of Pop!s they don't have a very good track record of continuing/finishing lines. They've done the Serenity crew in two different formats and neither line finished the core cast.


That's because sales didn't support extending the lines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 pm 
User avatar
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Las Vegas, NV
bnjmnrlyr wrote:
I like them, I really do. Just not sure if I like them enough to buy them. I’ll need to hold them in my hands before I decide for sure.

And Chip n Dale really should be a 2pack


These are REALLY nice in hand. You'll see ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am 
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1361
I've been waiting forever for someone to do a line like this!

I wonder how compatible Darkwing will be with the pre-existing Playmates figures from the 90s? Maybe now Launchpad will be a little bit more in scale with him, now that Darkwing is shorter?

And I'm definitely confused by the five points of articulation they say Darkwing has. His legs are articulated and his elbows are articulated...but his shoulders aren't? Is his neck not? I'm trying to guess but I'm a little confused.

If this one can actually hold his gas gun though that will be a big improvement!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 am 
User avatar
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 1043
Location: Las Vegas, NV
DisneyBoy wrote:
I've been waiting forever for someone to do a line like this!

I wonder how compatible Darkwing will be with the pre-existing Playmates figures from the 90s? Maybe now Launchpad will be a little bit more in scale with him, now that Darkwing is shorter?

And I'm definitely confused by the five points of articulation they say Darkwing has. His legs are articulated and his elbows are articulated...but his shoulders aren't? Is his neck not? I'm trying to guess but I'm a little confused.

If this one can actually hold his gas gun though that will be a big improvement!


Darkwing has pin & disk shoulders (ball joints) his neck is also articulated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 am 
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1361
Ah, so it's his legs that don't move....

Does the sculpting on his vast look a little weird to anybody else? The placement of the buttons and the collar just don't seem quite right. But then I'm looking at really small pictures so...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 13340
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Pixel-Dan's review...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzzDSpE7Ik4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:25 am 
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1361
I have to see this DW next to the Playmates figures.

Edit: I found Scrooge and picked him up for 18 Canadian. A bit steep but the figure is just beautiful and has the perfect expression. I really love the way they sculpted his bill.

I saw all the others except the chase figure on the rack and amazingly I passed on Darkwing because all of the figures had visible imperfections. There was a lot of white spots on the green turtle neck, and the paint lines separating the interior and exterior colors of the cape were really sloppy. It's impossible to see because of the way his hat is, but one of his eyebrows is cocked mischievously. Unfortunately all of the eyes were stamped improperly, so I could see the black pupils over the lower part of the mask and partly covered by the top of his bill.

I'm thrilled to pieces that they made a Darkwing figure, but the weird pear-shaped body and posture and obscured face make it a bit of a letdown for me. Here's hoping his villains feature into subsequent waves, particularly the ones who are never made by Playmates back in the day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm 
Excelsior!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3877
Picked up Uncle Scrooge, Baloo, Darkwing Duck, and Chip from Amazon. I'm amazed at how big the figures are for this cheap a price. I also preordered Dale and he'll be coming later in the week. This is my new favorite line.

_________________
Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 pm 
Excelsior!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3877
Opened them all (including Dale and Zipper) and I am amazed at how sturdy the figures are. The plastic is a little bendy so I had to work to get Darkwing's legs to bend, but the figures were never in any danger of breaking. They were also all super easy to get out of the package with no twist ties or anything.

I hope all my favorite lines go to Funko from now on.

_________________
Disney Afternoon Wishlist: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Launchpad, Webby, Monterey Jack, Gadget, Gosalyn, Negaduck, Megavolt, Bushroot, Kit, Rebecca, Molly, Louie, Wildcat, Don Karnage, Shere Khan, Fat Cat, Cubbi, Tummi, Zummi, Grammi, Zummi, Sunni, Gizmoduck.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Funko Disney Afternoon figures
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:21 am 
User avatar
3 3/4"
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:20 pm
Posts: 600
Fone Bone wrote:
Opened them all (including Dale and Zipper) and I am amazed at how sturdy the figures are. The plastic is a little bendy so I had to work to get Darkwing's legs to bend, but the figures were never in any danger of breaking. They were also all super easy to get out of the package with no twist ties or anything.

I hope all my favorite lines go to Funko from now on.


I picked up DW, B&W DW, and Scrooge. I really hope they continue the Darkwing Duck line as well as characters from Ducktales such as GizmoDuck. I'd love to have a Donald as well. I've read that Darkwing Duck and DuckTales are supposedly two different universes but I always considered them as one and would love as many characters from both shows as we can get.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: