Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kickstarter - Legends of Cthulhu Retro Action Figure Toy Lin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Kickstarter - Legends of Cthulhu Retro Action Figure Toy Line

Another Kickstarter action figure line....

This one is a retro line based on Cthulhu.

If your interested:

Post subject: Re: Kickstarter - Legends of Cthulhu Retro Action Figure Toy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:25 pm 
Infinite Hero

Brilliant.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/author/jeffcope/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I so want these, but I have never dealt with a Kickstarter before. I would probably be looking at $125.00 pledge so I could get the figures and the t-shirt, but I am nervous. Any idea how often people actually end up with the figures when the goal is met? I know the Four Horsemen did one for their Ravens last year and I think those people are still waiting on their figures. I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to "invest" and the company never come through with the product. Anyone have some input to share?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:05 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

spect_spidey wrote:
I so want these, but I have never dealt with a Kickstarter before. I would probably be looking at $125.00 pledge so I could get the figures and the t-shirt, but I am nervous. Any idea how often people actually end up with the figures when the goal is met? I know the Four Horsemen did one for their Ravens last year and I think those people are still waiting on their figures. I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to "invest" and the company never come through with the product. Anyone have some input to share?

That is the real risk of the whole kickstarter thing-- they are not legally responsible for anything-- as all this stuff is still just a promise and someone may not deliver-- stock could be lost at sea, factory could burn down, tools stolen-- and if that happens you are just out of luck-- so if someone doesn't have a previous reputation-- never put more into it than you could realistically lose...

I went all in with 4H because they have somewhat of a history. but I don't think any other Kickstarter I have gone over the 200.00 line- They have already said expected delivery date is sometime around Christmas.. So you really are an investor and not a customer.. Im in on several others-- and it looks like December will hopefully be a busy month for my collection..

Payments are processed through Amazon- so there is some security there-- (and I guess you could make a claim with your credit card company)-- but since most of these expected delivery dates are over 3 months out- you are probably out of luck.

Depending on the KS, the runners do usually provide production updates to show you where they are in the process. But really it still is a blind faith kind of thing..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

One thing to do before investing in KS action figure projects is to see how much the project owner knows about the industry. Do your research on them and see how involved they have been on other retail or Ks projects. How far along are they on the production of the line?

There has only been 6 or 7 action figure lines on KS that I am aware of. Some of the smaller projects went fine. Others, like the 4H Ravens have run into production issues. They have been pretty good about keeping their backers informed.

It's a gamble though and you will need to understand that risk going in.

I do love KS lines though you get stuff most you makers would nt touch.

Girl super heroes
Greek warriors
Giant skeletons
Cthulhu
Bird warriors
Cryptids

It's a good time to be a collector.