Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NECA's Robocop Line...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

Hey all!

I am absolutely head over heels for all of NECA's Robocop product! I plan on posting reviews for the entire line beginning this week at one of my blogs, but I wanted to share this little bit of fun early. :)

The folks at NECA have made some very clever tributes to Kenner in both their Robocop & Predator lines... So I figured I'd continue the nostalgia wave and put together a "NECA Action Toy Guide" catalog for their Robocop product! I couldn't get enough of those Kenner Action Toy Guide pack-in catalogs as a kid, so it was a lot of fun trying to re-capture that feeling with this tribute. Hope you like it!

You can view the rest of the catalog here- http://www.actionfeatures.net/2014/02/figure-photos-neca-toys-robocop-line.html

I actually did a few printed versions as well... Nothing quite like holding one to capture that old Kenner feel. :)

Sallah

http://www.youtube.com/motuclassics *Latest Review- Hot Toys 1/6th Scale Batmobile!

Post subject: Re: NECA's Robocop Line...
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:11 am 
3 3/4"

Love it, Sallah! If only NECA would make the Robo-1 car! So many hours of fun with that thing as a kid.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:59 pm 
Damage Control

That's pretty nice. I can see them making a Robocop with a red visor to match the old Kenner one this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:09 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I'm a month or so late to this thread, but that's an awesome tribute James! I love it.

D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:25 pm 
serves the Otter

i just wish they could get Peter Weller's likeness rights and do a helmetless Robocop. :(

Also, now that they've finally done ED-209, I wonder if they'll tackle Robocop 2 (the drug dealer Cain).

Very nice faux-Kenner catalog you made. You should have waited a little longer though to include the upcoming Robocop 3 version of Robo with his jetpack. You also appear to be missing the open holster version that came out last year.

On a related note, are there any online retailers still selling NECA's battle damaged Robocop? I'm kicking myself for not getting it when it first came out, and realize now that it's the ideal version to pair up with ED-209. I don't want to have to pay $30 for him on Ebay and was hoping to get it for closer to $20 from some online retailer. I wish my TRU stores still had him in stock. I passed it up probably half a dozen times when I saw it at TRU, and now regret procrastinating on buying him. :(