Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Playmates Retro Shredder and Splinter
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm 
Aspires to be #1

Anyone know if they plan on making a Shredder or Splinter for the 6" Retro line?

Post subject: Re: Playmates Retro Shredder and Splinter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:18 am 
BANNED, for I am scammer Matt Mason

I think I heard Shredder but not Splinter yet. Could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:32 pm 
Aspires to be #1

I know Rocksteady and Bebop are coming. Seems like two characters as important as Splinter and Shredder would be made too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:22 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

j1h15233 wrote:
I know Rocksteady and Bebop are coming.

Actually they have been out in the stores since November-- not that Ive seen either on the shelves-- or on ebay for less than 40 bucks a piece...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:32 pm 
Aspires to be #1

stewbacca wrote:
j1h15233 wrote:
I know Rocksteady and Bebop are coming.

Actually they have been out in the stores since November-- not that Ive seen either on the shelves-- or on ebay for less than 40 bucks a piece...

Oh, I didn't know they were out already. I saw them for preorder at BBTS and just assumed they had not been released.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 am 
ABS

Didn't know if there were any classic TMNT collectors out there. I just recently got Bebop and Rocksteady, paid 23.00 a piece of Amazon. Now they are at a steady 30.00 a piece.

Sadly the second wave is the movie Turtles, which are ok and I will get them but I would of preferred a TV show version of Shredder. Since 1988 there really isn't any truly decent or acceptable representation of the character.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

I loved the turtles as a kid but I wouldn't call myself a collector. I just recently bought the 4 turtles and I'd like to have splinter and shredder but that's about it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm not too interested in the Movie set. They don't look that great IMO.

Haven't seen Bebop & Rocksteady at all. Still need Leo from the main 4 Turtles.

Hoping Shredder & Foot Soldiers are the next set. Followed by April & Spinter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:05 pm 
3 3/4"

I want the Frogs as a con exclusive

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:54 am 
ABS

The essentials left for me is Shredder, Baxter Stockman (fly version), Splinter, and Krang. Thankfully with the NECA Turtles they are in line with Bebop and Rocksteady because the classic versions don't mix at all.
Those morons made the Turtles too big and they screwed us with the villains. I am expecting at the very least Shredder goes along with Bebop/Rocksteady to at least work with the NECA turtles.

I must say I am tired of these classic lines aimed at adults, I always feel like I am being screwed with. They release Star Wars Black series and you have to wait till Wave 4 for a Darth Vader, it makes no sense whatsoever, same deal with the Turtles.....Wave 2 or 2.0 and no Shredder in sight yet. Instead they release the same original figures in movie form that doesn't go with anything they have out, they don't even mix with the villains that have been released so far. Sick of waiting for Shredder. Only with adult targeted lines are treated like this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Dude--

For a man that focuses on Super Powers-- do you have a single positive thing to say about anything that's out there ..

If every toy line sucks so much-- why are you even on this board.. Why are you even collecting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:11 am 
ABS

stewbacca wrote:
Dude--

For a man that focuses on Super Powers-- do you have a single positive thing to say about anything that's out there ..

If every toy line sucks so much-- why are you even on this board.. Why are you even collecting

Why are you being confrontational because I don't like the scale issues and how wave are selected for release? Would you like for me to leave the boards because of my comments?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:41 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I am not being confrontational about this particular thing.

-- I just flipped through all the threads you had posted on today and every single one of them was how much this line sucks and that line sucks, and how stupid people are for liking this or that..

I know that the forums and toy collectors are full of only pointing out the negative-- (not saying that I am not guilty of that as well)-- but it just seems like you take no joy in collecting..

And if that comment makes you think you should leave the boards-- you also need to grow a thicker skin-- especially if you are going to talk bad about everything else out there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:45 am 
ABS

stewbacca wrote:
I am not being confrontational about this particular thing.

-- I just flipped through all the threads you had posted on today and every single one of them was how much this line sucks and that line sucks, and how stupid people are for liking this or that..

I know that the forums and toy collectors are full of only pointing out the negative-- (not saying that I am not guilty of that as well)-- but it just seems like you take no joy in collecting..

And if that comment makes you think you should leave the boards-- you also need to grow a thicker skin-- especially if you are going to talk bad about everything else out there.

I don't understand, is there a rule that you can only post glowing comments about something? Honestly I don't understand why you were upset enough to post about it. Playmates released a classics line and screwed up the scale...should I be happy about that? How about three waves into SW black series and no Darth Vader yet, BUT if this was a generally aimed line I would have a DV in the first wave, should I be happy about that? I think it would have been obvious that I like these lines and collect them but there are things I am not happy with.

I don't know man, some of you guys are like the thought police on this board. I understand it is a very small posting community here and most of you guys have been here for years but that is no reason to blast someone for thinking differently than you.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Superpowers1980 wrote:

I don't understand, is there a rule that you can only post glowing comments about something? Honestly I don't understand why you were upset enough to post about it. Playmates released a classics line and screwed up the scale...should I be happy about that? How about three waves into SW black series and no Darth Vader yet, BUT if this was a generally aimed line I would have a DV in the first wave, should I be happy about that? I think it would have been obvious that I like these lines and collect them but there are things I am not happy with.

I don't know man, some of you guys are like the thought police on this board. I understand it is a very small posting community here and most of you guys have been here for years but that is no reason to blast someone for thinking differently than you.

I am not blasting you -for this thread in particular-- it was just in a span of 10 minutes- I read-your comments How much the Batmobile sucks for the Total Heroes line, how much Marvel fans are idiots and sheep for liking any of the X-Men movies- (however you have since added lengthier explanations to the discussion), what is the point of the Captain America legends line..

I have no problem with not liking something- and even being of a different opinion of me- (I like to have intelligent arguments about toys and movies) -- I just think if you are going to state that-- explain why-- and trash the product itself and not the people that collect or like the product.. Especially if the only time you post on a thread is to say the product is stupid- and then disappear. We get too many of those types of guys on here as it is... I would like to see this community grow, I mean we still let Mudd stick around all this time. :mrgreen: