Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Action Figure Storage and Maintenance
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:44 am 
Tis' but a pup

How do you store your carded action figures? I have read about Star Cases, does anyone know the best place to buy those? How about the resealable plastic zipper bags that are similar to comic bags, does anyone use them?

I also didn't want to start a new thread for this but i bought a collection of carded figures and they were covered in dust. Well maybe covered is an exaggeration but you know what i mean. What's the best way to clean that off without damaging the card or blister pack? (and no i don't want to open them!).

Post subject: Re: Action Figure Storage and Maintenance
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:13 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I have a few items packaged still. Most of my stuff is packaged in full plastic clamshell so it makes it a bit easier to dust. I would guess anything like routating them if you have them hanging on your wall would help keep your dust to a minimum.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:57 am 
Tis' but a pup

Where did you get the plastic clamshell and do you have any pictures of them?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:22 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

It's the way they're prodduced. Character Options has started to clamshell their figures much like how McFarland Toys packages their own. I don't place them in clamshells, just so happens most of what I collect is in clam shells.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:38 am 
Master of the Interwebs

Here's a link to some protective cases: http://zoloworld.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 am 
Hat Pooper

None of mine have dust, but they're all put away in air-tight plastic tubs. I never have to worry about them getting damaged or dirty.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 am 
Tis' but a pup

Cephus wrote:
None of mine have dust, but they're all put away in air-tight plastic tubs. I never have to worry about them getting damaged or dirty.

Yeah i store mine in acid free comic boxes but bought a collection that looks like it was stored on display so their dusty. I cleaned them with a dry paper towel and that seems to work. There are some areas on the blisters that had price stickers removed on some of them. Does goo gone work ok on those?

What are the tubs your talking about?

Funny story. I emailed protech who make and sell the Star Cases. I asked them a couple of questions on an order of 100 cases. I got a reply 9 days later with just the words "sorry don't have a clue". What a great sales team they have! I'll take my business somewhere else now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:47 am 
Hat Pooper

Racetrack wrote:
Cephus wrote:
Yeah i store mine in acid free comic boxes but bought a collection that looks like it was stored on display so their dusty. I cleaned them with a dry paper towel and that seems to work. There are some areas on the blisters that had price stickers removed on some of them. Does goo gone work ok on those?

I've had luck using Goo Gone carefully, one place I used to go always put big orange price stickers on everything, no matter how much I told them not to. I never had a problem removing the residue with Goo Gone or similar products, but I used as little as necessary.

Quote:
What are the tubs your talking about?

The ones I use are these. They're big, can be made air-tight, have wheels and are stackable. Currently have around 40 of them with no complaints. http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1010 ... ockType=G3

Quote:
Funny story. I emailed protech who make and sell the Star Cases. I asked them a couple of questions on an order of 100 cases. I got a reply 9 days later with just the words "sorry don't have a clue". What a great sales team they have! I'll take my business somewhere else now.

That's just sad. How do they expect to sell their product if they don't know anything about it?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:38 am 
5th Horseman

Cephus wrote:

Or ever seeing them again, lol. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 am 
Hat Pooper

GreenArrow wrote:
Cephus wrote:

Or ever seeing them again, lol. :wink:

I can look whenever I want. All I have to do is go open the tub.