Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: question about big bads pile of loot
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:03 pm 
ABS

I was just wondering how the pile of loot system works. I understand that it puts your items aside so you can decide when you want them to ship. But does it actually save you money on the shipping cost in the long run?

Post subject: Re: question about big bads pile of loot
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

The more patient you are, and the more you let your Pile-of-Loot build up, there is no doubt that it can end up saving you a lot of money in shipping costs.

The initial shipping charge for any item or group of items is going to be 10 to 15 bucks (or something like that), but then as other things are added to the pile the additional shipping costs are based on the weight of the additional items. I've had certain items get added that didn't add anything to the shipping total, and it's common for another big item to only add a $1 on, or something like that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 am 
ABS

xrmc20 wrote:
The more patient you are, and the more you let your Pile-of-Loot build up, there is no doubt that it can end up saving you a lot of money in shipping costs.

The initial shipping charge for any item or group of items is going to be 10 to 15 bucks (or something like that), but then as other things are added to the pile the additional shipping costs are based on the weight of the additional items. I've had certain items get added that didn't add anything to the shipping total, and it's common for another big item to only add a $1 on, or something like that.

Thanks, the reason I was asking is because I do not order from Big Bad a whole lot. But there were about 4 items I was interested in pre ordering and was wondering what the benefit would be to putting them in the pile of loot when I ordered them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:32 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The benefit is absolutely a savings in shipping. Simple as that.

However, if you are not the patient sort, it may not be the best option for you.

Ultimately, it gives you control of what you get and when.

If you are pre-ordering 4 different items, you could still choose to ship them one at a time, even though the Pile o' Loot is "on". You could ship 2 now, while waiting for the other 2 to arrive. Or 3. Or wait for all 4 and get the biggest bang for your buck.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:06 am 
We're going streaking!

Just to add, I have a Pile going since July (Yep! I can be patient! :) ) and I know I saved a lot in shipping costs -- $0 here, $0.90 there, etc. I am just waiting for a few more pre-ordered items to come in next week and then I SHIP NOW!... and begin a new Pile of Loot. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:33 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Yeah, me too.

I've got Bat Legacy wave 1 figures (which were everywhere in stores locally) sitting in my Pile waiting for DCUC wave 20 and YJ wave 2 2packs (with the Amazo CnC).

So, they'll sit there until maybe March or so of next year (hopefully sooner), and in the meantime I'll keep adding to the pile. Once it ships, I'll start a new pile with all new pre-orders and wants.

Such a great and convenient service.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:30 pm 
ABS

Well after deciding what I wanted to preorder I seemed to have hit a snag. There are 5 items I want to preorder however with their release dates ranging from december to july of next year. The problem is Im pretty sure ill be over the 160 day holding period for some of the items. So in a nutshell I cant have them all ship together, which kind of defeats the purpose of saving the shipping :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 pm 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I think that 180 day rule is new. I don't remember seeing that before. But I've been using it for a long time, so maybe it was added a long time ago, or maybe I just never noticed it. I know I've let my loot build for 3 to 4 months a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:23 pm 
We're going streaking!

Huh. The 180 Day rule is news to me too. Think about my July dating back to July, I was just wondering if they had a time limit on holding a pile. I guess that answers that!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:37 pm 
ABS

Ya it looks like Im just going to have to split my order. So it looks like ill be getting the figuarts vegeta, revoltech alucard (might get replaced by serenity maquette, havent decided yet), mignola black and white batman, and arkham city series 1 with my first pile of loot. After those ship Ill start a new pile with walking dead series 2 and kotobikuya darth maul. Which now that I think about it actually works out fine since I could add Arkham city series 2 to that pile once they are available for preorder. :mrgreen:

the joys of collecting.