Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Which line are you almost done with?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:26 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Whether it's by completion or lack of interest, which current toyline are you about to stop collecting?

I'm pretty much done with two of the lines I collect.

A) Transformers. Hate the movie stuff, have pretty much all the updated classic characters I want. There are probably less than 5 characters I still want updated. Therefore, due to completion, I don't see many more Robots in Disguise joining the ol' toy room.

B) Mini-mates. TOO. MANY. REPEATS. I used to buy all the waves. Then about three years ago, I would skip a wave here and there. Last year I was down to about 1 wave out of there. And now, I might buy a couple 2-packs now and then. I have SO MANY and yet they keep repeating themselves. They could be diving so much deeper into the MU than they are. But after 40-some odd waves, I guess that's to be expected. So my mini-mate collection is mostly done. I might buy a few more here and there (Iron Man characters and cool box sets like the Herald wave that just came out), but I'm pretty much out of that toyline now.

How about you guys?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject: Re: Which line are you almost done with?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:46 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Doctor Who... odd I know...

I've jumped head over heels into DCUC and that has taken up my time... plus I own everything... and I mean EVERYTHING from Character Options Doctor Who line as of this month. Next we have almost 8 Classic Who sets being released this December and one next month. That's a lot of money! Plus they keep spitting out repaints in the New Series line which are just lame... A Silent with closed mouth... a Silent with open mouth... a grey Silent with closed mouth... a grey Silent with open mouth... a grey Silent with closed mouth and clip on electric bolts... a grey Silent with open mouth and clip on electric bolts... An Astronaut with Young River Songs head underneath... a Astronaut with older River Song's head underneath... Doctor with a red bowtie... Doctor with a blue bowtie... Doctor with a beard....

I don't mind variants or repaints BUT this year that has been ALL there has been in the line. Strip that away and we might have had 10 unique figures all year?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:00 pm 
Hat Pooper

I'm seriously only following two lines right now anyhow, Marvel Universe and Halo. Most of the rest I've already given up on. Anything from Mattel, I'm done with. Star Wars, I'm really tired of, very little new ever comes out that I care about. As it is, I only pick and choose from Marvel Universe, getting no more than 3-4 figures from each wave. Halo, I get all of the figures, but that's what? 5-6 figures twice a year?

I'd love to get more, there's just nothing out there right now that interests me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:48 pm 
Cold-cast

Young Justice. I get my Miss Martian, Chesire, Artemis, Amazo, and maybe Zatanna then I'm probably done. Unless they release a teen Huntress or Wonder Girl.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:57 pm 
5th Horseman

Star Wars 4" (Which is a great shame as this is the line that brought me into the action figure collecting arena, as there just is anything that inspires me to collect from this line (Hasbro pretty much screwed that up)).

Glyos it was a whim and I had spare cash, plus I liked the head sculpts - however they just don't belong in my collection.

G.I. Joe got tired of these figures, how many of the same character do you need.

MU I was getting every figure that was made, now I have completely cut back and went with my original plan which was to collect only Cosmic and Horror.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 am 
3 3/4"

GI joe-I keep flipping on this one, I don't need another Cobra Commander, Duke, SNake Eyes ect. But I will admit 30th wave 4 (Sci-Fi, Lifeline, Airtight ect) are dragging me back in.

Thundercats, I've got all the characters I care to get, unless they improve some designs signifigantly I don't want to get near them anymore. What was put out was cool, but in the end there is only so much I wanted.

Star Wars-Out of pure frustration, I haven't seen anything new since March or april. Finally some new figs went out last week and it's the repackaged Revnge wave, got all those figures and no interest in any more. Even Clone Wars has had the same problem. Hasbro needs to fix Distrobution.

Captain America-This may seem obvious to some, but I was meaning I was done with this line in May, the only figs that appealed to me were in the first two waves. The rest leave me cold.

Transformers-All I ever see is the repackaged stuff from the first movie in the third movie's packaging. Just not something that interests me as I feel I got these already.

Marvel Legends-this is a combo of space and price, but there are a few I'm missing that I think I should go back for (Man-Thing, Deathlok ect).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 am 
Unbreakable

For me it's Transformers and DCUC.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:39 am 
The Last Word

Gobots. I can't find the things ANYWHERE. I check 972 stores every day, but evil scalpers keep beating me to them!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:37 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Nobody likes a smart @$$, CC.

:mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:04 pm 
3 3/4"

I gave up on Gobots last year for similar reasons last year LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:15 pm 
We're going streaking!

Marvel Universe. One day when I was setting them up on the top shelf of my computer desk, trying to figure out which ones to display in the limited space and I had the hardest time picking and in the end, the hardest time really caring. That's when I thought, "Why am I buying these?" I still have a bunch that I haven't opened yet. Mostly, I would say, due to lack of space, but I think lack of interest was a big part of it too. Once I realized that, I was done, for the most part. I still want that Scarlet Witch and I like the big figures, like the Gigantic Battles, Galactus and the Sentinel. But I saw the latest wave with Iceman and happily skipped them.

Justice League (Unlimited). I won't say that I am completely done with these, as I have thought I was in the past, but I haven't opened one of these in years, really haven't purchased many at full price except on Matty, and felt the kick to the mid-section when Matty offered these up so cheap recently, mostly the JSA Set that was released a month prior to going 1/2 Off. It's tough because I have all the main characters minus Volcano, but I didn't buy the Matty 7-Pack and I am torn whether to buy any of the Con 3-Packs this week. But skipping the 7-Pack was a big step towards being done with the line.