Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Disney Heroes are out!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:54 pm 
Resin

Just seen this review!

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111405b.htm

The figures look great (much bigger than I expected).

Biggest disappointment is that Peter Pan's dagger is stuck in his belt, but other than that I'm loving these figures.

I'd love to see Aladdin, Mulan, Beast and Hades in the next year. I'm expecting Aladdin and Tarzan in Series 2 as they (along with Peter Pan and Hercules) were the main 4 heroes in the play school line of the same name.

Hopefully we'll see Series 2 at Toy Fair and this line can have a long life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:14 pm 
Killer Mothman

Since when did Link get bought by Disney?? :wink:

Hmmm. As cool as these are, I can't get past the design changes of Pan and Hook (my favorite Disney characters) - particularly that big-*ss wrist on Hook's hook.

It just makes me wish they had made figures based on 2004's live action Peter Pan movie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:47 pm 
Resin

LOL yeah Peter does look a little like Link, and a litte evil almost with his expression!

The design changes took me a while to swallow when I first saw them in Toyfare last year, but I soon grew to love them. They take enough from the movies to ake the Disney purist in me happy, but also give them a nice new look so they don't just look like larger scale Magical Collection figures.

One thing that did stand out to me - how short is Prince Phillip?! I can understand the God-like Hercules being massive (if I remember right in the TV Series his younger self was already as tall as Aladdin so as an adult he would tower over the others), but Phillip is almost the same size as the boy Peter Pan!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Nifty!

I had no idea this line even existed! Interesting designs, and good review...

...but does anyone know of where I could see more pictures of Phil and the Dragon? They'd be the two I'd pick up, if any, but there's only one pics of the Dragon, so I really don't have much idea of what she's capable of...pose-wise I mean...

..and does anyone know if Disney ever made a larger version of the Dragon at any point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:08 am 
5th Horseman

How's this?

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_111405b.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:00 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thanks Michael, but that's pretty much the only pic I've seen thus far :) Great review and great site...I've been reading it for years...I can't help but wonder though as to why you haven't featured any Justice League/JLU figures from Mattel since the original 7 figs came out...

Why is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:22 am 
5th Horseman

Generally because they are almost identical...I've picked up most, but considering the other stuff that tends to be coming out, they don't make it to the top of the queue.