Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Mezco Heroes Series 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:12 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello board, first time post here, I used to post on the old Mezco board until it finally shut down. I'm primarily a vintage game collector (Atari, Coleco, Vectrex) and post on AtariAge under the same user ID. While not a big time figure collector I do tend to pick up what I like. Picked these up recently and and thought I would share and hopefully pick up any info anyone might have:

I watched the show the first couple of seasons but not past season 3. I collected the Mezco figures religiously including the exclusives and variants. When Mezco cancelled the line I thought that was it but always hoped to pick up any series 3 or 4 figures, loose or otherwise.

So I was surprised to see a listing for "Series 3" figures and thought it was a typo, until I saw that in fact they were. The seller had The Haitian, Nathan Petrelli, Kensei Hiro, Ireleand Peter Petrelli (with I think helix tattoo) but no Elle Bishop. I believe these would have been the "regular" figures except for another Peter with a Celtic tattoo. He also had the Future Peter figure which would have been a ltd edition variant. (info from the Heroes wiki).

Unfortunately I was outbid on the Haitian and Nathan (who knew people other than me still collected Heroes? :) ) but the 3 I did win showed up today. Attempts to get more information from the seller including passing my contact info on to the other winning bidder to try and buy the 2 figures I missed have been problematic (language barrier).

So can anybody fill me in on what these figures are? To me they almost look retail but I didn't think any of them were produced. I do remember some pictures Mezco had shown of Milo Ventimiglia with his series 3 figures packaged with him holding them, but I can no longer locate them.

Also, while Kensei Hiro was supposed to come with a "mask/helmet" this one clearly does not. The head is different, he has glasses and some mud (or is that supposed to be dried blood?) on his face. The package has no place for it (mask) and it does not look like its missing either.

I would love to be able to complete this set, or at least come close.

Post subject: Re: Mezco Heroes Series 3
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:16 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

There were a number of people who preordered series 3 and got them. The number of people who own any now is getting slimmer. I'm missing future peter if your willing to sell.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cdeloney36 wrote:
There were a number of people who preordered series 3 and got them. The number of people who own any now is getting slimmer. I'm missing future peter if your willing to sell.

I had preordered series 3 myself from at least two different places (Entertainment Earth and I forget the other) only to have both of them cancelled, so I was not so lucky.

Since my original post, I have been able to pick up The Haitian, Nathan Petrelli, another Kensei Hiro and yes, even Elle Bishop. The second Kensei Hiro came complete with the mask this time as well as the correct head, sans glasses, as pictured in preview photos as well as the back of the package.

The seller continues to sell these figures on a regular basis, and while mine are not for sale, I have no problem giving you his info, PM me if interested.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:19 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

That's awesome you completed series 3. I couldn't figure out how to pm you so maybe you could pm me the sellers information.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cdeloney36 wrote:
That's awesome you completed series 3. I couldn't figure out how to pm you so maybe you could pm me the sellers information.

Seems PM functionality is disabled for new users, or something to that effect. So neither one of us can send or receive.

Not sure if you collect games as well but you can find me over on AtariAge with a new user ID, 128Kgames. There are no restrictions there as far as I know.

Unless you want to post a throwaway email address and I can email you there?

Who knew action figure collecting was so complicated? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:43 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Can you send to cdeloney36@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time. I can't wait to fill the blank space on my wall. I'm glad someone appreciates these figures like I do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:08 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I do collect games but I can't find you on AtariAge. I'm really not that internet savy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:45 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cdeloney36 wrote:
Can you send to cdeloney36@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time. I can't wait to fill the blank space on my wall. I'm glad someone appreciates these figures like I do.

cdeloney36 wrote:
I do collect games but I can't find you on AtariAge. I'm really not that internet savy.

Email sent, subject "Mezco Heroes 3". Like I said in my first post, Heroes pulled me in and hooked me from the first episode, and collecting these figures became a part of it as well.

The show lost me when they had the epic battle between Nathan, Peter and Sylar behind closed doors. But the mystery of what if anything happened to the other series figures was always in the back of my mind.

Good luck with finishing up your series 3; now lets see what became of any series 4 ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

That seller I emailed you about has the series 3 figures up for sale again; I am not seeing Future Peter but that doesn't mean he won't be listing it, just keep track of his listings.

Also, he has the variant Kensei Hiro I mentioned (with the different head, paint & no mask) for sale again as well, if you are interested in picking it up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:50 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

So the seller replied "No Future Peter". They said they had about twenty Mezco boxes to go through but still haven't heard or seen one posted. I think this guy worked at the factory these figures were made. He has every figure besides the future peter for now. anyway thanks for the info man. One day I'll fill Future Peters spot on my wall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:11 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Would you take $300 for your Future Peter.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:50 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cdeloney36 wrote:
So the seller replied "No Future Peter". They said they had about twenty Mezco boxes to go through but still haven't heard or seen one posted. I think this guy worked at the factory these figures were made. He has every figure besides the future peter for now. anyway thanks for the info man. One day I'll fill Future Peters spot on my wall.

Keep an eye on him - I got the same type of response when I asked about The Haitian and Nathan Petrelli which I missed the first time around (its in my fist post). And I got NO response from the seller when I asked about Elle Bishop which was not in the round of sales when I originally bought from him.

Then lo and behold all those figures showed up. Several times. So yeah, sounds like you got more info out of him then I did. Still weird that these series 3 orders were cancelled and Mezco announced the series 3 and 4 line were cancelled and yet all these figures were produced. Unless these are all just "Hong Kong" bootlegs that they had planned to flood the market with back in the day!

I wondered that originally (if they were boots, knockoffs etc.) when I first bought them but they look too good to be so.

Hmm, maybe we'll see some series 4 figures after all...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Yeah Ill keep an eye on him. Unless you sell your Future Peter to me and keep an eye out yourself lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:02 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I just realized that there is two different versions of the Kensei Hiro figure without the mask. One with what looks like blood and one without any blood. Just wanted to let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

cdeloney36 wrote:
I just realized that there is two different versions of the Kensei Hiro figure without the mask. One with what looks like blood and one without any blood. Just wanted to let you know.

Never got this notification for some reason; I never noticed a difference in the later figures listed without the mask, I'll have to check if the seller still has them.

When you say one has blood and one doesn't, where is the blood located? I have to go back to my figure now and see whats on it.